The New Hands free law, I think it is too restrictive, What do yall Think??

NOYDB

BANNED
They were lousy drivers before cell phones. They will be lousy drivers when com chips are installed (with a two year contract).

DannyW

I ride shotgun in a tall service van 1-2 days a week. I have a nice view of what most people are doing with their phones. I have been out twice since the new law was passed...the first day I saw 3 people playing with their phones, today I saw only 2.

Before the law I would see at least 100 people per day screwing around with their phones (I actually kept count a couple of days to pass the time while riding from worksite to worksite :)). I realize this is anecdotal data but difference is too large to ignore...the law is largely working as it is written.

Now, whether or not that reduces accidents or improves safety is an entirely different question. We won't know the answer to that for a couple years when the statistics are compiled.

LTZ25

Had a women run the 4 way stop on 212 yesterday and I had to slam on brakes to keep from hitting her in drivers door , she had to be texting .

ryanh487

Saw a lady with her phone mounted on her windshield. Right in front of her face, middle of her view. I feel like this is a bigger problem than if she had it in her lap.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Saw a lady with her phone mounted on her windshield. Right in front of her face, middle of her view. I feel like this is a bigger problem than if she had it in her lap.
There are laws against that too. Georgia should have a law against being stupid, that way they can really pile up the charges when they pull someone like her over.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
We need laws that will protect us from oil fields

ryanh487

There are laws against that too. Georgia should have a law against being stupid, that way they can really pile up the charges when they pull someone like her over.

we don't need laws, just stop protecting them. ban warning labels and the overpopulation problem and the stupid people problem will solve itself in a couple of years.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
we don't need laws, just stop protecting them. ban warning labels and the overpopulation problem and the stupid people problem will solve itself in a couple of years.
I agree. There is a reason there is a "do not take orally" warning on Preparation 'H'.
Somewhere, at some point in time, some idiot................

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I agree. There is a reason there is a "do not take orally" warning on Preparation 'H'.
Somewhere, at some point in time, some idiot................

Don't make fun of my deceased Grandmother.

She didn't turn on the bathroom lights as the story goes.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Her tonsils shrank enough that she didn't snore for a week or so. :hair:
Well, I did work with a fella who had an Uncle that was in regular need of Prep H and during a family gathering had an episode and rushed to the water closet to get the tube for some relief. Apparently he accidentally grabbed the Ben Gay instead. The story goes, after the blood curdling screams subsided, that he never had issues with hemorrhoids again after that.