Got some big bass tourneys coming next year!!!!

Beagler

The pro’s are used to spots, that’s all they caught during the classic on Hartwell.

Lucient

I think having the pros come fish the lake is a good indicator of what the lake is capable of. I was really surprised at the 20+ pound bags of spots being caught at lanier when the FLW tour passed through this year.
As far as expos's and vendor booths go, I went to the expo at the classic last year and it was a bass fishing heaven. Everything bass fishing was there. All the manufacturers large and small. All the pros were just walking around and talking to people and that was really cool.

TroyBoy30

The pro’s are used to spots, that’s all they caught during the classic on Hartwell.

actually a bunch of the top finishers caught mostly large mouth under docks

once this schedule was announced they can no longer gain any info about any lake on the schedule. that includes idle conversation

Scout'nStripers

once this schedule was announced they can no longer gain any info about any lake on the schedule. that includes idle conversation
Didn't one of the pros get DQ'ed recently for illegally receiving info?

TroyBoy30

i think they may have been flw

you see the flw changes? no more co anglers

The FLW Tour Marshal program will provide the same learning opportunities that the co-angler program offered, along with the opportunity to win cash and a new Ranger Z518C powered by a 200-hp Evinrude or Mercury outboard, without impacting the outcome of the tournament. Each Marshal will attend a VIP dinner and seminar with select FLW Tour pros on the Wednesday before each tournament, plus get behind-the-scenes access to the biggest events in bass fishing. They will receive exclusive FLW clothing and play a vital role in live coverage of each FLW Tour event.

Marshals will be eligible for a top cash award of $2,500 at each regular-season FLW Tour stop based on the combined weight of the pros they are randomly paired with. Marshals will also receive one entry into an exclusive Ranger Z518C giveaway for each day they complete. One lucky marshal will be randomly selected to win the new boat after the season concludes.

Last edited:

Coenen

How is that even remotely enforceable?

That said, they'll do just fine either way. The pro guys are way too good at breaking down a piece of water to struggle on a fishery this productive. The lake will certainly humble a few of them, but it will deliver big bags for some of the others.

That marshaling program for FLW actually sounds interesting.

jocko755

Either way, it will be fun to watch. Shoot- I may marshal just for the heck of it. I still think it will humble some of the shallow water LM guys, guys who are just bank beaters. I know Jacob Wheeler won the Cup on LM up stream - timing should be right for some shallow LM, unless it's a cold valentines day and the fish are not shallow. I think your bag will have to include some BIG spots to win. Early season - timing should be good. I can't wait to see some BIG ones caught.

I like that new FLW marshal program - giving a shot at $ 2500 and a boat. WOW. Knew it was a matter of time. Having a co-angler can really affect the boater at times. I'm sure the FLW tour guys appreciate the new program. BASS will have to step up their game - as the BASS Marshal Program you get a shirt and hat, meal.

Last edited:

ThomasCobb123

Last edited:

across the river

Oh, but they're all gentlemen and wouldn't dream of doing anything to annoy people or anything like that.

I just don't understand you all complaining about public water. It is a government owned, public body of water. That means anyone can fish it, ride a jet ski on in, host a tournament on it, or do anything else allowed on a public body of water. If you want somewhere that nobody else fishes go buy yourself a place with a pond and never worry about anyone annoying you or fishing "your spot" again. Otherwise, come to grips with the fact that public water is public water and other people have just as much right to it as you do and quit complaining about everything that happens on in that you don't like.

howboutthemdawgs

I just don't understand you all complaining about public water. It is a government owned, public body of water. That means anyone can fish it, ride a jet ski on in, host a tournament on it, or do anything else allowed on a public body of water. If you want somewhere that nobody else fishes go buy yourself a place with a pond and never worry about anyone annoying you or fishing "your spot" again. Otherwise, come to grips with the fact that public water is public water and other people have just as much right to it as you do and quit complaining about everything that happens on in that you don't like.

Totally agree. But it’s works both ways. According to some groupies you should stay off the water when the pros are in town unless you want to stare at them fishing from a distance. Won’t happen from my end. I will fish everyone of those days if I feel like it.

littlejon

i think they may have been flw

you see the flw changes? no more co anglers

The FLW Tour Marshal program will provide the same learning opportunities that the co-angler program offered, along with the opportunity to win cash and a new Ranger Z518C powered by a 200-hp Evinrude or Mercury outboard, without impacting the outcome of the tournament. Each Marshal will attend a VIP dinner and seminar with select FLW Tour pros on the Wednesday before each tournament, plus get behind-the-scenes access to the biggest events in bass fishing. They will receive exclusive FLW clothing and play a vital role in live coverage of each FLW Tour event.

Marshals will be eligible for a top cash award of $2,500 at each regular-season FLW Tour stop based on the combined weight of the pros they are randomly paired with. Marshals will also receive one entry into an exclusive Ranger Z518C giveaway for each day they complete. One lucky marshal will be randomly selected to win the new boat after the season concludes.
Wow! Too win a Ranger makes FLW more interesting for sure, that's awesome.

Tmpr111

They’ll get info, they always do, rules or no rules. Would sure like to see a few swing for the fence on finding LMs. That’d be much more fun to follow than watching a war of Spots - IMO...

Lanier Jim

You'd be surprised how pros get an edge. The internet and every fishing post is out there. These guys are serious good fisherman and will figure out all they need during practice days. It will be interesting....personally, I like the big tourneys coming here.

Just my 2 cents...

Scout'nStripers

You'd be surprised how pros get an edge. The internet and every fishing post is out there. These guys are serious good fisherman and will figure out all they need during practice days. It will be interesting....personally, I like the big tourneys coming here.

Just my 2 cents...
Me too LJ. I can't wait to see these guys break down the lake and figure out the big girls. Feb. is a great month for the biggest spots to start staging to spawn. That's pretty much what I did the article in GON magazine about last Feb. I believe the largest spots on Lanier spawn first and those big girls are getting fattened up for the spawn throughout the month. If we have a warming trend it will be game on and they'll be a ton of big sacks. If it turns off cold they'll still figure them out but the average sack may be a little less. Yes, they will target largemouth's and there will be some big ones weighed in but I think the winner will be steady bringing in 4-5lbs pre-spawn spots every day.

When we designed our lake house I told Lisa she could design the whole upstairs main floor but the basement was mine. I designed my basement with bunk rooms, a bar (The Cast Away Lounge) and a game room with the idea of having my friends and special guests stay with us. One of my biggest dreams is to have a few pros be our guests while they are in town. I'd like to watch and listen to those guys when they are off the lake and let their hair down a little and talk fishing in general. These guys are the best of the best and in my opinion it's pretty special to see our lake on a national stage again.

Last edited:

across the river

Totally agree. But it’s works both ways. According to some groupies you should stay off the water when the pros are in town unless you want to stare at them fishing from a distance. Won’t happen from my end. I will fish everyone of those days if I feel like it.

I complete agree with that as well. If BASS doesn't want to deal with locals, jet skiers, and joy riders around, hold tournaments at a private lake or talk to GP or the TVA about renting out a whole lake for the weekend. If you want to go fish a spot that day you always fish and KVD want to fish it as well, whoever gets there first, gets there first. He is a pro so he should be able to go find them somewhere else.

Lanier Jim

Me too LJ. I can't wait to see these guys break down the lake and figure out the big girls. Feb. is a great month for the biggest spots to start staging to spawn. That's pretty much what I did the article in GON magazine about last Feb. I believe the largest spots on Lanier spawn first and those big girls are getting fattened up for the spawn throughout the month. If we have a warming trend it will be game on and they'll be a ton of big sacks. If it turns off cold they'll still figure them out but the average sack may be a little less. Yes, they will target largemouth's and there will be some big ones weighed in but I think the winner will be steady bringing in 4-5lbs pre-spawn spots every day.

When we designed our lake house I told Lisa she could design the whole upstairs main floor but the basement was mine. I designed my basement with bunk rooms, a bar (The Cast Away Lounge) and a game room with the idea of having my friends and special guests stay with us. One of my biggest dreams is to have a few pros be our guests while they are in town. I'd like to watch and listen to those guys when they are off the lake and let their hair down a little and talk fishing in general. These guys are the best of the best and in my opinion it's pretty special to see our lake on a national stage again.

Hookums parents had a couple of big names stay with them in March during the FLW event. Said it was pretty cool...

Scout'nStripers

Hookums parents had a couple of big names stay with them in March during the FLW event. Said it was pretty cool...
Hookem was telling me about that. Man that sounds awesome. G-MAN AND LULU, IF Y'ALL ARE READING THIS CALL ME. I GOT A BUNKROOM FOR Y'ALL....KVD, PLENTY OF ROOM.....LOL

TroyBoy30

Either way, it will be fun to watch. Shoot- I may marshal just for the heck of it. I still think it will humble some of the shallow water LM guys, guys who are just bank beaters. I know Jacob Wheeler won the Cup on LM up stream - timing should be right for some shallow LM, unless it's a cold valentines day and the fish are not shallow. I think your bag will have to include some BIG spots to win. Early season - timing should be good. I can't wait to see some BIG ones caught.

I like that new FLW marshal program - giving a shot at $ 2500 and a boat. WOW. Knew it was a matter of time. Having a co-angler can really affect the boater at times. I'm sure the FLW tour guys appreciate the new program. BASS will have to step up their game - as the BASS Marshal Program you get a shirt and hat, meal.

Not enough incentive to marshal for someone you’ve never heard of. At least not for me. I just marshaled this years classic and I’m too spoiled to even marshal for a regular season even now. The classic is like nothing else.

TroyBoy30

Just my 2 cents...

They can read all the publicly available info they want. The simply can’t solicit info once the scheadule is realsed.