Cannibalism

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I believe religion will mostly be united against it unless it is needed by one of them to save their life or the life of a loved one.
Instead of laying morals totally on the religious, I guess a fair question would be where do the non religious morally stand with eating human flesh?

ambush80

I sometimes bite the inside of my cheek or my lips or bite my fingernails or a hangnail and sometimes instead of spitting, I swallow. Is that cannibalism? Technically it seems like it is. How big of a piece of flesh does it have to be where it's "wrong"? I've skinned a knuckle turning wrenches and bit off and swallowed that "hanging chad". If there's enough "meat" on it I usually spit it out but I'll often suck on the wound, swallowing some blood in the process in order to stop the bleeding. What causes those different reactions?

I can't put my finger on anything morally wrong with eating lab grown human meat.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'm not looking for any human filets at the buffet, but if I'm stuck in the pass because of a blizzard nobody better be bragging about how tender their backside is...

ambush80

I'm not looking for any human filets at the buffet, but if I'm stuck in the pass because of a blizzard nobody better be bragging about how tender their backside is...

I hear ya. This is mostly an exercise to determine how morals are defined.

Israel

BANNED
I sometimes bite the inside of my cheek or my lips or bite my fingernails or a hangnail and sometimes instead of spitting, I swallow. Is that cannibalism? Technically it seems like it is. How big of a piece of flesh does it have to be where it's "wrong"? I've skinned a knuckle turning wrenches and bit off and swallowed that "hanging chad". If there's enough "meat" on it I usually spit it out but I'll often suck on the wound, swallowing some blood in the process in order to stop the bleeding. What causes those different reactions?

I can't put my finger on anything morally wrong with eating lab grown human meat.
I think it's when you volunteer to help your demo guy with the same...

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Same here. I’m never saying I won’t, but it’ll be a “have to” situation. I like to think that I could eat leaves or grass first but......

Last edited:

ambush80

I think it's when you volunteer to help your demo guy with the same...

Ok. I get that, but I've consumed some blood of an old girlfriend who had busted her lip while skiing. Cannibalism?

How about lab grown human meat? Is it wrong to eat?

atlashunter

Instead of laying morals totally on the religious, I guess a fair question would be where do the non religious morally stand with eating human flesh?

Always good to check our answers with the folks who have an objective moral code handed down by an infallible creator of the universe.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Always good to check our answers with the folks who have an objective moral code handed down by an infallible creator of the universe.
Lol ok. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do when you’re not sure.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Ok. I get that, but I've consumed some blood of an old girlfriend who had busted her lip while skiing. Cannibalism?

How about lab grown human meat? Is it wrong to eat?
Vampire.

660griz

I sometimes bite the inside of my cheek or my lips or bite my fingernails or a hangnail and sometimes instead of spitting, I swallow. Is that cannibalism?
No, that is just nasty. Stop it. :)
How big of a piece of flesh does it have to be where it's "wrong"?
Not sure it is wrong. Folks gotta eat. Finding fresh legal human meat may be a bigger issue...in the U.S. anyway.
I've skinned a knuckle turning wrenches and bit off and swallowed that "hanging chad".
Once again, stop that. :)
If there's enough "meat" on it I usually spit it out but I'll often suck on the wound, swallowing some blood in the process in order to stop the bleeding. What causes those different reactions?
Maybe because it is raw. Try to keep the grill going while you are working on the car. It may be better with a little sear.

Nothing I can think of either. Now, are we growing human meat for consumption? That could be a whole different ball game.

WaltL1

Yeah I would have to question intentionally growing human meat for consumption.Why human meat? Of all the meat to intentionally grow, there is something a bit twisted about choosing it to be human.
Nothing I can think of either. Now, are we growing human meat for consumption? That could be a whole different ball game.

Israel

BANNED
Yeah I would have to question intentionally growing human meat for consumption.Why human meat? Of all the meat to intentionally grow, there is something a bit twisted about choosing it to be human.

Conquest? Lust?narcissus.jpg

Israel

BANNED
is man consumed of his own self?eating self.jpg

Israel

BANNED
self extinguishing?self extinguishing.gif

ambush80

Is it "human"? If it was grown in a lab but the DNA, the blueprint for the tissue growth is "human", is that human meat? Is what they're growing at Memphis Meats "beef"?

http://www.memphismeats.com/

What if they mix the species to make a different kind of meat? Beef with the cholesterol of chicken or some such? Shrimp as big as a duck?

WaltL1

Is it "human"? If it was grown in a lab but the DNA, the blueprint for the tissue growth is "human", is that human meat? Is what they're growing at Memphis Meats "beef"?

http://www.memphismeats.com/

What if they mix the species to make a different kind of meat? Beef with the cholesterol of chicken or some such? Shrimp as big as a duck?
I think "is it human" is a different question. Previously you had stated "lab grown human meat".
As far as how morality enters into the subject, I think we are in a new "realm" here.
If it is indeed human meat I think existing morality standards would come in to play.
If some sort of human cell/DNA/etc is but an ingredient to create "something else" then I think that would be the new realm that existing societal morality doesn't address yet.
Personally, I have 0 problems with the Donner party etc. chowing down on already dead human folks. In fact some of them waited too long to do so and "morality" cost them their lives.
But to intentionally grow/create human burgers for consumption just for the heck of it is an entirely different matter.