2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats to the Braves on their fine 60th win to take the series, but 1st place Phillies have 63-wins.

Teheran starts the scoring rally in the 5th with 1st career HR.

Inciarte with 3-hits ties the game with his 2-run HR in the 7th.

Acuna's single in the 9th drives in Inciarte to take the lead.

Markakis with 4-hits wins the game with his HR in the 10th.

Reliever Biddle gets his 1st career save.

Markakis' homer in 10th powers Braves to win: 8/5/18

Daily Recap: Nick Markakis recorded four hits, including the go-ahead homer in the 10th, while Ender Inciarte collected three hits

44-seconds

43-seconds

41-seconds

Dj3TKCTXsAAi2Le.jpg

Dj3QJQoWsAADs6G.jpg

i

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Time to extend Nick, he is a solid piece to any ball club.

Nice win vs the Metz.
I can’t believe the way he’s playing. However, i wouldn’t give him more than a two year contract and I think he’ll want more. Inciarte is finally playing ball. I think the trade that brought in Duvall lit a fire under him. If we don’t resign Markakis, Acuna, Duvall and Inciarte will be a good combo in the outfield

biggdogg

Markakis would be a fool not to test the free agent market. Once the dust settles and Harper signs (hopefully with a west coast team...), there will be a bunch of ball clubs sitting on a bunch of money looking for a right fielder. I'd love to see him back on a two year deal, max, but I think the Braves end up backing away from the table once teams turn their attention away from Harper.

Minter has 8 saves, 3 blown saves, 4 wins which translate to him being pulled out of the fire 4 times by the offense after he allowed the game to be tied.

biggdogg

Then I stand corrected. I heard Chip Caray mention it was his first blown save yesterday. He's still way better than Vizcaieno (or however you spell it...). I've read several times that Kimbrell will be high on AA's shopping list this winter. No whether he can compete with those Bean-town dollars or not is another story...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Time to extend Nick, he is a solid piece to any ball club.

Nice win vs the Metz.

Definitely. I agree on a two year deal. He's red hot right now.

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats to Braves bullpen for their award!

Looks like we're seeing unexpected signs of Braves bullpen improvements while getting an MLB award & complimentary words from the press. Good for them. Hope it continues on this trend of getting better, but I'm not banking on it or having high expectations. I'll believe when I see it, as usual. It's nice when pitching can reach 50% good at times, but no team is perfect, especially during the rebuilding process, & I'll keep trying to avoid getting too disappointed when things don't go well at times.

https://www.mlb.com/news/bullpen-of-the-week-braves/c-289088774

Bullpen of the Week: Braves

Atlanta relievers combine for 0.84 ERA as club goes 5-1

Aug. 5th, 2018

Braves won five out of six games last week to keep the heat on the first-place Phillies in the National League East, thanks in large part to Atlanta's stellar bullpen performance.

OR

BornToHuntAndFish

DannyW

Markakis would be a fool not to test the free agent market. Once the dust settles and Harper signs (hopefully with a west coast team...), there will be a bunch of ball clubs sitting on a bunch of money looking for a right fielder. I'd love to see him back on a two year deal, max, but I think the Braves end up backing away from the table once teams turn their attention away from Harper.

I agree with BiggDogg here...Markaisis will be 35 years old at the start of the 2019 season, and while I like Nick, there are very few 35 YO players I would offer more than a 2-year contract.

He has been a good Brave, one of my favorites, but his time here may be over.

Duff

Yep. 2 years max

BornToHuntAndFish

Yep, there's another double header next Monday at home with the Marlins. After yesterday's day off for the Braves, only 1 more day off this month on the 27th. Arizona helped out yesterday beating the 1st place Phillies.

Braves twitter highlights:

Braves appointed LHP Kolby Allard as the 26th man for today’s doubleheader.

Braves have hit nine home runs in the eighth inning or later this season that have given the club the lead. That total is tied for the most in the National League with St. Louis and Colorado.

biggdogg

Bullpen will get used a ton today. Fried took a liner to the gut and had to leave the game in the 2nd...

BornToHuntAndFish

Bullpen will get used a ton today. Fried took a liner to the gut and had to leave the game in the 2nd...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what happened as I was following the live web scoreboards & play-by-play updates, but do not have access to game on TV or radio.

Fried started the 1st two innings fine giving up 1-hit & 1-walk, then pitcher Gausman came in as a PH but was hit by pitch, so Allard came in to pitch the 3rd-inning giving up 1-hit. Still no score in the 4th where Freddie gets the 1st Braves hit single followed by Markakis with a single, then Camargo delivers single to drive Freddie in for 1st score.

EDIT UPDATE:

Allard trying to give up the farm & the game with back-to-back HR's, then loading the bases with walk, double, single, single in a row totaling 4-runs for the Nats so far as the 4th-inning ends.

:eek2:

Last edited:

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Allard is less than impressive.. I read a few scouting reports and the consensus is that he has yet to regain his velocities since surgery.. Back surgery is a bad deal for an athlete..

BornToHuntAndFish

Carle giving up 4-runs in the 6th was not much better than Allard.

Status
Not open for further replies.