Meyer out at OSU???!!!!

BuckNasty83

Let me get this straight, After easily punching a hole in how tuff sec schedules are currently, your saying before this time period, sec teams were more beat up at the end of the year than Big teams???? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Look at Tennessee over the last 3 years. We've been forced to play 3rd string for 2 years in a row. Look at the gauntlet of our schedule. We have to play both teams that were in the NC game and another that was in the SECCG. 3 games in a row we play the #1,#4, and #10 team. That's brutal and we open against #20 WV. The SEC has been down a few years, but it's still a nasty conference. And it's only about to get tougher

Madsnooker

Look at Tennessee over the last 3 years. We've been forced to play 3rd string for 2 years in a row. Look at the gauntlet of our schedule. We have to play both teams that were in the NC game and another that was in the SECCG. 3 games in a row we play the #1,#4, and #10 team. That's brutal and we open against #20 WV. The SEC has been down a few years, but it's still a nasty conference. And it's only about to get tougher

Yes that is a tuff schedule!!! All schedules are not the same in the sec though, and just by being in the sec doesn't mean you automatically have a tuff schedule. My only point!!!

BuckNasty83

You mean Alabama vs ???? Debate. It's funny how y'all ride there coat tails
Your forgetting LSU, Auburn and UF. These teams won't stay down and laugh, but throw in UT. Since 98 almost 43% of the conference has won a NC. We're eating ourself alive right now, but pound for pound, this is by far the toughest conference in the nation

BuckNasty83

Your forgetting LSU, Auburn and UF. These teams won't stay down and laugh, but throw in UT. Since 98 almost 43% of the conference has won a NC. We're eating ourself alive right now, but pound for pound, this is by far the toughest conference in the nation
Throw in GA last season at that puts 7 of 14 teams (50%)that's won or been in the NCG from the SEC since the BCS era

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Thought y’all were talking about Oscar Meyer

TinKnocker

Throw in GA last season at that puts 7 of 14 teams (50%)that's won or been in the NCG from the SEC since the BCS era
So what you are saying is that outside of OSU, everyone else in the conference sucks? but in the SEC 50% of the teams have been nationally relevant at some point in the last 2 decades?

This can't be true, a buckeye has already told you so.............

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Bucknasty,the bcs is a thing of the past. Let's talk current. No doubt the sec WAS the dominate conference for years and they still have a couple of nationally relevant teams but currently beyond the 3 teams I mentioned earlier the sec sux

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
How many sec teams have the same coach they had just 5 years ago? That should tell you how dominate the conference is. Good grief

BuckNasty83

How many sec teams have the same coach they had just 5 years ago? That should tell you how dominate the conference is. Good grief
Miles are and Spurrier got old, but the it seems the coaches are better now top to bottom. Even with KY and Vandy. And you have to make a change if the other guy can't get it done. I've stated before. Other coaches won't leave their cushion conference jobs because they can't/ don't want to compete here. They have it made at less demanding schools/ conferences. Meyer saw the writing on the wall after Tebow was gone

BuckNasty83

Bucknasty,the bcs is a thing of the past. Let's talk current. No doubt the sec WAS the dominate conference for years and they still have a couple of nationally relevant teams but currently beyond the 3 teams I mentioned earlier the sec sux
It's not that dated man come on. 3 years?

Plus I Like it cause it includes Tennessee with a NC;)

How far is relevant for the SEC to not be relevant as the best conference?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
It's not that dated man come on. 3 years?

Plus I Like it cause it includes Tennessee with a NC;)

How far is relevant for the SEC to not be relevant as the best conference?

By NC do you mean a non-conference win?

bullgator

This is great. A forum preseason thread.......::ke::hammers::whip::cheers:

bullgator

Nope. It shows how competitive we are. If your not where your supposed to be, your gone. No tenure like the 10.

Matthew6

Banned thug
You mean Alabama vs ???? Debate. It's funny how y'all ride there coat tails
I like the dogs but they haven't done anything yet until they win one hopefully in the next 40 years. it's been all Bama and a tiny bit of Florida and the b it's been Alabama and a tiny bit of Florida and the barn.

Matthew6

Banned thug
6 your so wrong, it aint even funny. They pack that stadiums full, they travel as good as anyone in the conference, they made the Notre Dame stadium look like Dawg town. In NCS they overcame terrible calls to take Alabama into OT, and one of our DB's went to sleep, all in CKS's second season, with leftovers from the previous coach. I like Alabama, but there time is nearing it's end. CKS is out recruiting Saban so bad, that it getting close to a blowout. And about that mistake by our DB, I remember Alabama making one on Texas A&M's goal line when they got intercepted and loss the game.
and they won the natty rhat year too.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Just to get back on track! :p

Here's something that seems to keep getting overlooked. If nothing happened, why did Meyer fire Zach Smith? No reason was given for firing him. For Meyer to fire him, he obviously knew something bad had happened, right? I mean, wouldn't firing someone over nothing more than an allegation be grounds for a lawsuit?

And I am not hating on Meyer or OSU, I truly hate it for y'all, Snook. Even though I do dislike Meyer, I wouldn't wish this on any school. Kickoff around the corner and y'all are having to deal with this junk- talk about perfect timing!

This is what I brought up earlier in this thread, and only now seeing someone in the media mention. https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/10/17674152/zach-smith-urban-meyer-ohio-state