Friday cooking

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Unbelievable looking in here tonight , I had Wendy’s !

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Nice work fellers .... I worked 12s all week so no cookin fer me. Now headed up to work on paw n laws place again...

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Blackened snapper, spaghetti squash topped with a white wine, sun dried tomato/olive reduction. Blue crab stuffed portabello topped with mozzarella, wilted spinach and feta. Bout to bust.View attachment 939604

Nothing on that plate that I wouldn't tear into !!!!

Excellent looking fare tonite gentlemen. Dub- that yard bird made me drool a little

Thanks, man.

Weird results with that meal......wife (mustard-hater) loved it.

Me....(mustard lover)......hated it.

I wound up making an egg-in-the-toast on the fly. (use a small cup to punch a hole in a piece of wheat bread....toss in skillet and crack an egg over the the hole....salt & lots of pepper.....flip once and take it off when its over-easy......a favorite of one of my grandfathers).

The rest of the chicken will go into a batch of chicken dip around noon today.

Sangles,dubbles, an daddy gets a tripple

Nothing better than a smashburger......nothing. I freaking love 'em.

They are a big stress reliever....no kiddin' real deal stress relief......kitchen tunes.....cold drank......sharp knife....dicing on some jalapeños & onions......workin into the raw meat......oh yeah.

You have the perfect Smash Burger Station !!!!

2v2JqYnENxurAoi.jpg

Yes please !!!!

Home run hamburger steak, Vance. !!! Shrooms are the ticket. Maters are always perfect sides, too.

‘Twas tolerable. Man hadn’t made a homemade fried green mater in a long time. So good View attachment 939615View attachment 939616

Super looking ribs....and you just flung a craving for the FGT. Gonna roll with them as a side item tonight !!!

Nice work fellers .... I worked 12s all week so no cookin fer me. Now headed up to work on paw n laws place again...

Came off my 12's (each was closer to 14 somehow....but paid for 12, though :( ) yesterday morning.....couldn't sleep at all.....stayed up all day piddling on mini-projects around the house and finally popping the top and cooking yessaday evening.

Crashed early with the wife last night. One of the dogs nestled up against my bad knee and the other slept over my blown out right shoulder.

Woke up after daybreak.....can't remember the last time that happened. Both dogs were in the same spots putting off some nice heat on the sore joints. Cup of java down the hatch and I now feel like a superhero. :)

Long shifts make the days off much appreciated events.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh Man!!!!!!!!!! This thread is awesome! Great eats y'all!!!!!!!!

We went to the Carrollton O'Charley's for prime rib. We left there with the most disappointment eating out ever.Our server had major issues and had no idea what he was doing. Never got past the appetizer before we told the mgr we wanted to pay and leave.Terrible night out!!!!!!!

Dub

Oh Man!!!!!!!!!! This thread is awesome! Great eats y'all!!!!!!!!

We went to the Carrollton O'Charley's for prime rib. We left there with the most disappointment eating out ever.Our server had major issues and had no idea what he was doing. Never got past the appetizer before we told the mgr we wanted to pay and leave.Terrible night out!!!!!!!

Very sorry for that experience. New servers who goof can be coached though it if they have a good attitude and try...it's evident they are doing their best. Bad servers who don't care, though....a whole 'nutter deal entirely. Can't be tolerated by me. I'll pack it in early and leave as well.

I simply don't have the patience to venture out on Friday nights at the local spots. My wife knows how I am and knows I'd rather be home and making it myself. Normally when she's wanting us to go out on a Friday night she'll either choose the Messican spot we both love.....or a place that has a good bar to wait at....and even eat our meals from.

Local spot, Cheddars....for instance. She'd heard from coworkers all about it and wanted to go. We did....waited outside forever to get a table......food was good but the noisy place and the slow service was horrid. Swore I'd never go back.

Fast forward six months and she wanted us to go back. "Are you even serious right now ???", I asked. She said, "Sure we'll sit at their bar......". I went along with the plan.....turned out to be a great experience.

Same plan, though.....almost got me into a gunfight in a restaurant in Memphis a few years back. Word to the wise.....make sure you know exactly where you whenever in Memphis. A block this way.....or that way.....can make all the difference in the world.....as I found out later when conversing with a couple patrol cops who were offering some friendly advice about where civilization ends boundaries were.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Same plan, though.....almost got me into a gunfight in a restaurant in Memphis a few years back. Word to the wise.....make sure you know exactly where you whenever in Memphis. A block this way.....or that way.....can make all the difference in the world.....as I found out later when conversing with a couple patrol cops who were offering some friendly advice about where civilization ends boundaries were.

I had a similar experience in Charleston a few years ago. All of Charleston ain't a nice place to be.

ryork

Yep, got lost in Memphis one time trying to find the airport. Was an eye opening experience for sure........ Savannah has some of those same boundaries that happen real quick like Charleston too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I discovered the Charleston underbelly while trying to find an alternative route out of town one night after a heavy downpour at high tide had half of the streets flooded door-handle high.

Dub

The Memphis thing was crazy......but then again....same thing could be said for parts of Augusta...but I have faith in Richmond County Police. They are some alert and responsive folks. The crap they deal with on a daily basis would likely shock most citizens to the point where they'd not venture out after dark....ever.

I hear ya on the Charleston & Savannah areas, too.