I'd like to understand...without getting ridiculed.

Bowhunter77

I think you are arguing against something that you have never tried trying to justify it in your mind without any expirence in the subject.Speaking in opposition of people who hunt for something deeper meaning than just the kill, hunting is more than that, it’s as old as time, mentioned in the first book of the Bible. It is the natural order of nature, predator prey relationship in biology class. The food is better for you, all natural, no antibiotics,no steroids ,no hormones. Lower bad cholesterol , higher protein count per gram than beef, chicken and pork. We feel alive and at peace in the woods, in city’s and in today’s so called “correct” ways we feel lost.
I’m not trying to disparage you but your thought of what is right and wrong IS what is wrong in today’s world. You would not kill a bear to eat and be grateful for the gift of its life but kill a human in your words without hesitation. Trust me I have not shot a bear yet, I do have lots of expiernce with killing people. I was a hospital corpsman for Marine infantry units , served in Bosnia,Kosovo, Afghanistan and other places. Killing someone is easy with adrenaline flowing, living with yourself after and answering to God on judgement day is the hard part. If you can not understand that then there is no hope in trying to explain anything else to you on the subject.

ThomasCobb123

Wildlife is to be managed these days. It doesn't on its on anymore. There are about 330 million reasons why in this country. All the homes, gardens, highways, developments have thrown the balance of nature out of whack. It's a resource and it's managed to thrive. It doesn't matter who agrees with it. The fact you can eat it is one of the benefits. We quit playing survival a while back. You are now a predator with the ability to reason.
Excellent posting....you're thinking deeply and expressing yourself in a forceful, persuasive, manner without the "snide sarcasm" that lurks, figuratively speaking, behind many trees and bushes in websites.
I still disagree with the killing of wildlife unless it's needed for food.
It might be interesting to see what would happen environmentally if all hunting was outlawed for about 5 years. With the provision, of course, if it was observed that the experiment was going down the tubes in a handbasket it could be stopped on the spot. With the DNR in charge.
AND...if the politicians *gag* could be kept away from the entire idea.
Something along the lines of "Give Wildlife a Chance" maybe..........

ThomasCobb123

I think you are arguing against something that you have never tried trying to justify it in your mind without any expirence in the subject.Speaking in opposition of people who hunt for something deeper meaning than just the kill, hunting is more than that, it’s as old as time, mentioned in the first book of the Bible. It is the natural order of nature, predator prey relationship in biology class. The food is better for you, all natural, no antibiotics,no steroids ,no hormones. Lower bad cholesterol , higher protein count per gram than beef, chicken and pork. We feel alive and at peace in the woods, in city’s and in today’s so called “correct” ways we feel lost.
I’m not trying to disparage you but your thought of what is right and wrong IS what is wrong in today’s world. You would not kill a bear to eat and be grateful for the gift of its life but kill a human in your words without hesitation. Trust me I have not shot a bear yet, I do have lots of expiernce with killing people. I was a hospital corpsman for Marine infantry units , served in Bosnia,Kosovo, Afghanistan and other places. Killing someone is easy with adrenaline flowing, living with yourself after and answering to God on judgement day is the hard part. If you can not understand that then there is no hope in trying to explain anything else to you on the subject.
I was in Korea.
I know about killing human beings in war.
Since you brought the Bible into this, I think I should mention that you will be hard pressed to find a book that is more filled with war and the killing of other human beings...with God's blessings.
And that's all I have about religious things...that is for another forum.
(y)

Buckman18

Excellent posting....you're thinking deeply and expressing yourself in a forceful, persuasive, manner without the "snide sarcasm" that lurks, figuratively speaking, behind many trees and bushes in websites.
It might be interesting to see what would happen environmentally if all hunting was outlawed for about 5 years. With the provision, of course, if it was observed that the experiment was going down the tubes in a handbasket it could be stopped on the spot. With the DNR in charge.

So should we book a show on Dr. Phil or The View to elaborate and expand on expressing ourselves at a deeper level? :whistle:

glynr329

I have no desire and never had any desire to kill a lot of animals. I am not going to question others reason for doing it. That bear hunter may love killing a bear but feels sympathy for a poor deer. I do not care what his argument would be so. I enjoy hunting my animals of choice and leave them alone.

Every situation has an argument not matter what it is. Every living thing (animal, plant, etc) has a right to live but we need them to survive so we make choices.

Possum

Banned
A lumbering bear and beautiful deer are animals with all the same parts as a pig, cow or chicken. They are eaten just like same. But they are much healthier to eat. So what are you not understanding? And if you don’t like the way farm animals are treated what have you done to make their lives better? I can tell you what I’ve done.. I don’t buy it unless it’s a nessesity. I don’t give the companies that sell those animals my money unless I have to. We sometimes go out to eat and I can’t ask the chef at Applebee’s to cook my kills so I do eat beef, pork and chicken occasionally, but it’s rare. My household eats nothing but fish,deer, turkey, bear, etc. at home. So I have saved as many animals lives as I’ve taken. Hunting is as natural as comes. Eating domesticated animals is a relatively new thing if you consider all of human history on this planet.

ThomasCobb123

So should we book a show on Dr. Phil or The View to elaborate and expand on expressing ourselves at a deeper level? :whistle:
That would depend on what they pay.
"Freebies" aren't in my bag. And they'd have to find a way to keep Phil's big mouth shut and let us make the show a hit.
:)(y)

Last edited:

Bowhunter77

I was in Korea.
I know about killing human beings in war.
Since you brought the Bible into this, I think I should mention that you will be hard pressed to find a book that is more filled with war and the killing of other human beings...with God's blessings.
And that's all I have about religious things...that is for another forum.
(y)
I can find plenty of contradictions in there about that subject in there both ordered by God and condemned by him, and I can find many books filled with those things.All throughout human history, not just your narrow view of Christians.
you ask why, I did not, you sought knowledge or reason, we gave our answers , and yet you still prod for more, I think you will never understand and only on here to stir the pot. Good day to you .

ThomasCobb123

A lumbering bear and beautiful deer are animals with all the same parts as a pig, cow or chicken. They are eaten just like same. But they are much healthier to eat. So what are you not understanding? And if you don’t like the way farm animals are treated what have you done to make their lives better? I can tell you what I’ve done.. I don’t buy it unless it’s a nessesity. I don’t give the companies that sell those animals my money unless I have to. We sometimes go out to eat and I can’t ask the chef at Applebee’s to cook my kills so I do eat beef, pork and chicken occasionally, but it’s rare. My household eats nothing but fish,deer, turkey, bear, etc. at home. So I have saved as many animals lives as I’ve taken. Hunting is as natural as comes. Eating domesticated animals is a relatively new thing if you consider all of human history on this planet.
It sounds to me like you are very happy also.
Way to go.
What do I not understand?..........any 'fun' or 'sport' in killing wildlife (especially 'trophy' kills)...unless necessary for eating. That's what I don't understand. But, I'm very old fashioned anyway.
(y)

ThomasCobb123

I can find plenty of contradictions in there about that subject in there both ordered by God and condemned by him, and I can find many books filled with those things.All throughout human history, not just your narrow view of Christians.
you ask why, I did not, you sought knowledge or reason, we gave our answers , and yet you still prod for more, I think you will never understand and only on here to stir the pot. Good day to you .
Christians are okay people with me. I like 'em.
(y)

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

If deer hunting was stopped for 5 years in this country you would see a lot of deer die. And a lot of natural habitat destroyed. Do some research and you`ll understand why.

ThomasCobb123

If deer hunting was stopped for 5 years in this country you would see a lot of deer die. And a lot of natural habitat destroyed. Do some research and you`ll understand why.
Good idea.(y)
I think I will.
Question: Why would a lot of natural habitat be destroyed?

ThomasCobb123

What is your opinion on this?
I just found it. Unfortunately I view it with some skepticism because it is from (you guessed it) that PETA site. I know they're leftist agenda driven and I despise them, so it's hard for me to swallow this.
What do you think? (This came from posting the question "Would Deer Die Off if Hunting was Outlawed" on the search engine DuckDuckGo.)

No. Starvation and disease are unfortunate, but they are nature’s way of ensuring that the strong survive. Natural predators help keep prey species strong by killing the only ones they can catch—the sick and weak. Hunters, however, kill any animal they come across or any animal whose head they think would look good mounted above the fireplace—often the large, healthy animals needed to keep the population strong. And hunting creates the ideal conditions for overpopulation. After hunting season, the abrupt drop in population leads to less competition among survivors, resulting in a higher birth rate. If we were really concerned about keeping animals from starving, we would not hunt but instead take steps to reduce the animals’ fertility. We would also preserve wolves, mountain lions, coyotes, and other natural predators. Ironically, many deer herds and duck populations are purposely manipulated to produce more and more animals for hunters to kill.

Possum

Banned
Deer would not die off completely but once they overpopulate an area they eat all the food, then they all begin to starve. Once overpopulated and weak from starvation, disease will take many of them out and the process starts over. This happens just about everywhere that deer are not hunted. Drive through a large state park That doesn’t allow deer hunting in a liberal state and you’ll see the results. The deer are sick, starving and the forests are not regenerating. Most of those areas either hire marksman to shoot a large portion of the deer at night or they try sterilizing the heard. No one thinks the government could sterilize the entire deer population in the us (except the morons at PETA)

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
You were told right off-the-bat that bear hunters do eat bear meat. So you weren't really "trying to understand". You're just "politely" poking the bear, which is still poking.

Possum

Banned
I found this quote of ol ThomasCobb123 on another thread. He’s just another online troll posing as something he is not.

Quote:
“Poor deer.
I try to scare them in the woods so the big bad hunters can't shoot them.
Deer have rights too, you know.
Statistics have shown that hunters, percentage wise, are the ones most likely to become violent with guns against someone with whom they disagree.
Pacifism is good for peace.”

How are things on the PETA forum these days ThomasCobb123?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
ThomasCobb123 is not trying to understand carp. He is just a troll wanting to stir things up. Has been for years.

ThomasCobb123

Deer would not die off completely but once they overpopulate an area they eat all the food, then they all begin to starve. Once overpopulated and weak from starvation, disease will take many of them out and the process starts over. This happens just about everywhere that deer are not hunted. Drive through a large state park That doesn’t allow deer hunting in a liberal state and you’ll see the results. The deer are sick, starving and the forests are not regenerating. Most of those areas either hire marksman to shoot a large portion of the deer at night or they try sterilizing the heard. No one thinks the government could sterilize the entire deer population in the us (except the morons at PETA)
That sounds like it makes good sense. Do you know of any scientific studies about that?
I trust nothing the PETA people say...and they site no scientific studies at all. All they want to do is control people and mainly take citizens' guns away so they can control them even more.
I'm going to look at some DNR studies about that.
By golly, you could be right on the money about that and if so, then I would be the first to agree that hunting the deer would be the correct thing to do.
Good work on your part. (y)

ThomasCobb123

Latest posts