I'd like to understand...without getting ridiculed.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Did you get the answer you were looking for?

ThomasCobb123

I found this quote of ol ThomasCobb123 on another thread. He’s just another online troll posing as something he is not.

Quote:
“Poor deer.
I try to scare them in the woods so the big bad hunters can't shoot them.
Deer have rights too, you know.
Statistics have shown that hunters, percentage wise, are the ones most likely to become violent with guns against someone with whom they disagree.
Pacifism is good for peace.”

How are things on the PETA forum these days ThomasCobb123?
That posting of mine was merely satire....illustrating the absurd by being absurd. Just as my hero Rush Limbaugh does.
I do not agree with the killing of wildlife, I'm too much of a naturalist for that. But I'm sure the DNR has scientific studies that bear out what you've said about harvesting being necessary. The DNR people are not fools...they're a lot smarter about wildlife management than I am.
Furthermore, no matter how sentimental I may feel about all that, the fact remains that it is perfectly legal and I would even join a march to defend your right to do it if you want to do it.
As for PETA....well my comments about them are unprintable.
However, it isn't for me...I have done it in the past (hunting) and I didn't like it too much then.
(y)

Last edited:

ThomasCobb123

ThomasCobb123

you definitely come across as a sissy...no doubt about that.
Name calling and ridicule is against this forum rules.
It's perfectly okay to disagree, but name calling and ridicule don't make it.
Please stop doing it to me...I'm not doing it to you.
TY.
Cobb

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Ok so far I’ve read that you do eat red meat and will kill plenty of fish to eat but won’t kill a deer/bear or any mammal unless your life depends on it.
Did you ever shoot a deer when you claim to have tried it and didn’t like it or did you just not see any and got bored or did you actually refuse to take the shot?

Until you actually shoot a deer then you never tried the full experience we hunters get and will never understand why we do it.
The only way to fully understand is to pull the trigger AND shoot one. Then you’ll be able to understand one way or the other. Until then your still on the fence. The reward is when you find it and bring it to your plate. That’s why.

Possum

Banned
You said yourself that you sound like a “sissy britches” we are just agreeing with you.

You haven’t explained why animals you eat don’t matter but animals we it do. That makes no sense.

How can you say you are old fashioned and a naturalist when hunting and eating wild animals is as old as time and as natural of a meal as you could get.

Eating a genetically modified animal that spent a few months indoors is natural to you? Get off your high horse pal.

Maybe next time you crave a butterball turkey you should get a knife and go hand to hand with him... something tells me the turkey would win.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Name calling again
'

Nope.. just stating facts. I don't consider pointing out that you are trolling the forum to be name calling. An Admin might feel different about it, and tell me so.

ThomasCobb123

'
Nope.. just stating facts. I don't consider pointing out that you are trolling the forum to be name calling. An Admin might feel different about it, and tell me so.
I guess we'll just have to see about all that.

ThomasCobb123

You said yourself that you sound like a “sissy britches” we are just agreeing with you.
You haven’t explained why animals you eat don’t matter but animals we it do. That makes no sense.
How can you say you are old fashioned and a naturalist when hunting and eating wild animals is as old as time and as natural of a meal as you could get.
Eating a genetically modified animal that spent a few months indoors is natural to you? Get off your high horse pal.
Maybe next time you crave a butterball turkey you should get a knife and go hand to hand with him... something tells me the turkey would win.
I don't think you will ever understand how I feel about this stuff and I don't think I will ever understand completely how you feel either.
Why don't we just leave each other alone? Okay ??
(y)

red neck richie

If You dont understand by now you will most likely never understand. You do know this is a hunting forum right?

ThomasCobb123

If You dont understand by now you will most likely never understand. You do know this is a hunting forum right?
Silly me....I thought it was open expression of various ideas concerning this hunting thing.
I didn't expect to be heralded in on a red carpet, due to my alternate opinions, but the ridicule and name calling is a bit much.
I think I've seen about all I need to see here.
Time for me to go.
Enjoy life pardner, it's a gift we really don't appreciate to the fullest until we see the sunset of our years.
Stay happy. (y)

red neck richie

Silly me....I thought it was open expression of various ideas concerning this hunting thing.
I didn't expect to be heralded in on a red carpet, due to my alternate opinions, but the ridicule and name calling is a bit much.
I think I've seen about all I need to see here.
Time for me to go.
Enjoy life pardner, it's a gift we really don't appreciate to the fullest until we see the sunset of our years.
Stay happy. (y)
It is open expression but you dont appear to be open? Do you really want to know? It is my opinion that if you dont understand bear hunting you dont understand hunting. The quarry is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Possum

Banned
I don't think you will ever understand how I feel about this stuff and I don't think I will ever understand completely how you feel either.
Why don't we just leave each other alone? Okay ??
(y)

Leave each other alone? You started an anti huntingthread in a hunting forum. You asked for opinions. Did you honestly think someone on here was going to agree with your insane logic?

Killing animals is bad but paying others to kill animals is ok. I’d expect any human being to see something wrong with that statement.

Killer Kyle

I'm offering a different perspective here. I hunt and eat bear. One bear can yield enough BBQ to save me probably a couple hundred $ each year on meat purchases. It makes incredible BBQ, and saves me a TON of money.

Have you ever considered both the economic and environmental impacts if hunters stopped hunting deer and bear? Demands for protein would absolutely skyrocket. Market prices would skyrocket. There would be an extraordinarily monumental push for more meat production. This would result in more pork, cattle, and poultry farming. This increased farming demand would yield the necessity of more farms. More clearing for pastureland. More siltation of streams. More forest made into pastureland. It would yield a greater destruction in habitat for bears and for "mama deer and her fawn".
The environmental and economic impacts of removing deer and bear hunting could be catastrophic locally if not nationally. Think about the environmental impacts of 200,000 pasture land farms being created across the continent to meet that protein demand. It would wreak havoc on the environment. You'd be justifying your idealistic picture of Bambi with real world environmental catastrophe.
You also know nothing about bears. There are some that live in the wild and mind their own buisness. But you know nothing....nothing.....absolutely unequivocally nothing about bears in the mtn regions of NE GA. Bears wreak havoc on the people living in region 2. DNR WRD technicians can barely get any work done because they are resopnding to problem bear calls. Bears are freaking terror on peoples homes and property.
If you hunt a WMA up here like Chattahoochee or Chestatee and have complaints about how the food plots look, you can thank a bear. On the day this or that food plot should have been planted or mowed, the technician that was supposed to plant or mow it was out setting two or three bear traps on private properties. He couldnt get his real work done because he was trapping problem bears. Problem bears are a freaking nightmare for DNR in this area. The damage they do here...you cannot ever begin to imagine. You are absolutley clueless. You have created in your own very uninformed mind some fairytale like picture of bears, and you obviously have literally zero knowledge of the damage they do or are capable of. Bear damage is a battle that our state DNR fights every single freaking day. You are just so completely clueless and you are living inside some "Eve Garden" that you have made up in your own mind. You literally know absolutely nothing about bears, how they live, their biology, and their role and function in this real world. You are living inside some fantasy you created in your own daydreams, and not in the real world.

ThomasCobb123

I'm offering a different perspective here. I hunt and eat bear. One bear can yield enough BBQ to save me probably a couple hundred $ each year on meat purchases. It makes incredible BBQ, and saves me a TON of money.

Have you ever considered both the economic and environmental impacts if hunters stopped hunting deer and bear? Demands for protein would absolutely skyrocket. Market prices would skyrocket. There would be an extraordinarily monumental push for more meat production. This would result in more pork, cattle, and poultry farming. This increased farming demand would yield the necessity of more farms. More clearing for pastureland. More siltation of streams. More forest made into pastureland. It would yield a greater destruction in habitat for bears and for "mama deer and her fawn".
The environmental and economic impacts of removing deer and bear hunting could be catastrophic locally if not nationally. Think about the environmental impacts of 200,000 pasture land farms being created across the continent to meet that protein demand. It would wreak havoc on the environment. You'd be justifying your idealistic picture of Bambi with real world environmental catastrophe.
You also know nothing about bears. There are some that live in the wild and mind their own buisness. But you know nothing....nothing.....absolutely unequivocally nothing about bears in the mtn regions of NE GA. Bears wreak havoc on the people living in region 2. DNR WRD technicians can barely get any work done because they are resopnding to problem bear calls. Bears are freaking terror on peoples homes and property.
If you hunt a WMA up here like Chattahoochee or Chestatee and have complaints about how the food plots look, you can thank a bear. On the day this or that food plot should have been planted or mowed, the technician that was supposed to plant or mow it was out setting two or three bear traps on private properties. He couldnt get his real work done because he was trapping problem bears. Problem bears are a freaking nightmare for DNR in this area. The damage they do here...you cannot ever begin to imagine. You are absolutley clueless. You have created in your own very uninformed mind some fairytale like picture of bears, and you obviously have literally zero knowledge of the damage they do or are capable of. Bear damage is a battle that our state DNR fights every single freaking day. You are just so completely clueless and you are living inside some "Eve Garden" that you have made up in your own mind. You literally know absolutely nothing about bears, how they live, their biology, and their role and function in this real world. You are living inside some fantasy you created in your own daydreams, and not in the real world.
In your post, you used the word "would" seven times and the word "could" one time.
Can you publish any bona fide scientific evidence to support your assumptions of chaotic doom or are they purely speculation on your part relating to an outdoor activity for which you have a great passion?
Thank you.
I remain, "Clueless Cobb".

Hillbilly stalker

If you ever see what they ( bears) can do to a cornfield you wouldn't have that picture of yogi and boo boo in your head. There are no natural predators for bear except humans. They have to be managed.