"A billion and a half years ago two black holes collided"

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
No need. I paint, canvas not houses. A tube of true black will never be replicated using all of the "colors" of the spectrum.

Enjoy your experiment.

ambush80

No need. I paint, canvas not houses. A tube of true black will never be replicated using all of the "colors" of the spectrum.

Enjoy your experiment.

Have you got any pictures of your paintings to show? I used to paint, too. I got BFA from UGA.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Have you got any pictures of your paintings to show? I used to paint, too. I got BFA from UGA.
Just like the man that love to hunt alone, or fish alone for his own stress relief, solace, or piece of mind, my painting is my respite and not for others viewing or enjoybment. Sorry.

Israel

BANNED
I got an old paint by numbers I'd be glad to show you.

It's kinda old though, from when they used Roman numerals, so there ain't much detail.

Disclaimer: The above is an attempt at a joke.

Last edited:

red neck richie

Enjoy your experiment.
Mig I am a printer by trade. What you are saying holds true with ink colors as well. You can mix color to make it look black but it is not a true black. Some people are color blind.

Last edited:

ambush80

Mig I am a printer by trade. What you are saying holds true with ink colors as well. You can mix color to make it look black but it is not a true black.

Ritchie, What do you think of any of these posts that I made?

I used to make all different kinds of black. There are different tubes of black that they sell. There's Mars Black and Ivory Black, both of which I used frequently, sometimes in conjunction.

"What's the difference between Mars black and ivory black?
Ivory Black is a brown black of moderate tinting strength recommended for general use. Mars Black is a denser, more neutral black with stronger tinting power. Payne's Gray is a very dark grey with a strong blue undertone that is more subtle than Ivory Black giving a purer colour when used in mixing."

https://www.google.com/search?q=ivory+black&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

Then there's this kind of black, measured by reflectivity:

View attachment 942888

"Black" is a scientific term as in Black Hole (no reflected light) but it's also commonly used as a subjective term like hot or cold. There's absolute zero and absolute hot:

" Absolute hot is a concept of temperature that postulates the existence of a highest attainable temperature of matter."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_hot

So, with all this in mind, why do you consider what Dr. Levin proposes is speculative? Isn't one of the tenets of science that whatever they call true today is understood to be subject to revision as new information becomes available? To me that's a position of strength.

I hope you would like to discuss this with me, Ritchie. Are you talking about black like what happens in a black hole?

ambush80

Just so that I know we're on the same page, when we talk about an object with the color black, are we saying that the object reflects absolutely zero amount of the visible light spectrum?

red neck richie

Just so that I know we're on the same page, when we talk about an object with the color black, are we saying that the object reflects absolutely zero amount of the visible light spectrum?
Every color but black requires light to be seen.

ambush80

Every color but black requires light to be seen.

Do you understand the color black to be the complete absence of reflected light in the visible spectrum? That's how I've always understood it. Do you understand it the same as me or differently?

red neck richie

See what I'm saying Miguel....?
See what I'm saying Mig. You prove them wrong on the color black and they come up with this. Heres a song for your funeral BULL et. <iframe width="547" height="410" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
See what I'm saying Mig. You prove them wrong on the color black and they come up with this. Heres a song for your funeral BULL et. <iframe width="547" height="410" src="
Hey, I'm always willing to learn. I appreciate the lesson.

My comment had nothing to do with the color black, rEdnEckrItchIE

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No funeral for me. I don't want anyone showing up and blubbering words when I am gone. Talk to me now when I am alive.
Thanks for your DJ skills.