Looks like Florence bringing rain to Northeast GA Sunday

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
That's the best move! It's always nerve racking when you plant with no real rain in the forecast!

Triple C

sooo...Toombs county. Soil moisture is 17%, soil temps 81 @ 2" 84 @ 4. . 59" precip so far in sept. We need to go next weekend to do some work, natives are restless and want to get planting done at the same time, so we don't end up having to come right back in a week to plant. (5 hr drive). I've noticed Canuck and Triple C planning on Oct. Might you guys share with me what exactly your looking for before you plant? We have nothing on our plots now. All were tilled and limed a few weeks ago. We really want some successful plots this year, any and all suggestions are welcome.
Cooler soil temps to improve clover germination and cooler temps to improve moisture retention following rain. Less weed competition. Will plant ahead of a promising rain event anytime in Oct.

drtslngr

Cooler soil temps to improve clover germination and cooler temps to improve moisture retention following rain. Less weed competition. Will plant ahead of a promising rain event anytime in Oct.

AWesome. We will be doing the same...unless the rain waits till later in oct..then errbody will probably come unglued on me.

Triple C

Well we got 1/2” out of it
I was down at the farm Saturday afternoon and left Sunday morning. Didn't check rain gauge but bet it was less than 1/2" at our place. Not near what was forecast. The entire month of September and the outlook for next 10 days is like watching "Groundhog Day"...it never changes. Don't know if I recall a warmer September than this one. Still waiting on cooler temps to roll in before we plant.

Possum

Banned
I was down at the farm Saturday afternoon and left Sunday morning. Didn't check rain gauge but bet it was less than 1/2" at our place. Not near what was forecast. The entire month of September and the outlook for next 10 days is like watching "Groundhog Day"...it never changes. Don't know if I recall a warmer September than this one. Still waiting on cooler temps to roll in before we plant.

I know it. Been hotter this month than July.
We got almost 2” of rain this weekend at house up in Habersham county. Was hoping for more down at land but 1/2” better than nothing. We shall see how the plots do.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

drtslngr

Well, forecast for rain in vidalia is showing 30-60% most every day next week on the 10 day. Scattered stuff, so would be hit or miss. Any chance yall might try to get a planting in or wait it out for the weather to change?

Possum

Banned
Got a heavy afternoon rain shower again this afternoon in extreme ne ga. Ground is saturated at house.