Just returned from Alberta

HuntDawg

First time for me. Never seen groups of 500 Mallards before this past Friday. Our group took 212 birds in 3 days, and 1 hour of the 4th day. Had to catch a plane out. Mallards, Pintails, Canadians, Specks.
Cloudy, foggy, and cold. My buddy said this was the worst trip they have ever had. He said they usually limit out every morning of 8 ducks and 8 geese per hunter. Great trip for me.0915180949_HDR.jpg0914181705.jpg0914181705.jpg0914180847c.jpg0916181430d_HDR.jpg0915180932_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 0914181642a.jpg
    0914181642a.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 18

HuntDawg

Guided hunt. Nearly impossible to hunt on your own fro
Guide or unguided? looks like a blast, Congrats on the great hunts!!!!
Guided hunt. Nearly impossible to go unguided in Alberta as a non-citizen from what I understand, which is very little.

HuntDawg

What did that trip cost?
About $2,750 at the end of the day. I was invited with a group of very wealthy guys who go twice per year, and this is their cheapest hunt as a group.

Out of my league, but a great group of guys. Was blessed to go on a trip where guys have hunted with the same guide for years. Did not go in blind.

Last edited:

across the river

Nice! What are Canadians? Thought it was illegal to shoot folks up there?

Only the ones who make cheesy smart aleck comments. Lucky for you your American, so if you went up there you should be o.k. I couldn't guarantee it though.

gtmcwhorter

Only the ones who make cheesy smart aleck comments. Lucky for you your American, so if you went up there you should be o.k. I couldn't guarantee it though.

I don’t know that Momma would ever let me spend $2750 on a trip so I doubt that would even be an issue. I have found Canadas are much better table fare than Canadians

across the river

I don’t know that Momma would ever let me spend $2750 on a trip so I doubt that would even be an issue. I have found Canadas are much better table fare than Canadians

I got your point. I just didn't think it was funny or see why you felt the need to be a so and so about it. I've never actually eaten a Canadian, but I'll take your word for it. If they are worse than the goose with the similar name as you say they are, then I have no interest in trying one either. I have never found the goose to be worth eating, outside of maybe some jerky.

chase870

Possum Sox
If you ever go and shoot waterfowl in the wheat fields in the Canadian prairie you will go back I freelance there and gcan hunt 4 guys for a tad less than 2 k for a week that's food fuel shells license lodging all of it

gtmcwhorter

I got your point. I just didn't think it was funny or see why you felt the need to be a so and so about it. I've never actually eaten a Canadian, but I'll take your word for it. If they are worse than the goose with the similar name as you say they are, then I have no interest in trying one either. I have never found the goose to be worth eating, outside of maybe some jerky.

You are missing out brother. Geese are delicious in a variety of ways!

kevbo3333

If you ever go and shoot waterfowl in the wheat fields in the Canadian prairie you will go back I freelance there and gcan hunt 4 guys for a tad less than 2 k for a week that's food fuel shells license lodging all of it

Is there public land up there y’all hunt or y’all banging on doors asking permission? Sounds like a fun trip, Freelancing in more rewarding to me than guided.

chase870

Possum Sox
Is there public land up there y’all hunt or y’all banging on doors asking permission? Sounds like a fun trip, Freelancing in more rewarding to me than guided.
I don't have to bang on too many doors now. I have been going since 2001 so I have made a few friends there. I'm also able to knock on a door if I find a field or two and don't know the owner