Warren Co reports 2018

How2fish

Well its that time again , please post any updates , questions, reports etc for Warren Co for the upcoming season . And good luck this season and be safe !

Last edited:

deerhuntingdawg

Sure is! Should be a another great year!

How2fish

Well was down to camp last weekend to move/hang stands and do a little scouting. Lots of soft mast growing , not a lot of acorns but with all the leaves couldn't really tell. Just great to get to camp and spend some time in the woods.!

deerhuntingdawg

Went by my clubs today to do a little work. Only three weeks until bow season! Soft mass looked good. Acorns didn’t look super loaded but hard to tell. We’ll see when the acorns start to drop!!

How2fish

Went by my clubs today to do a little work. Only three weeks until bow season! Soft mass looked good. Acorns didn’t look super loaded but hard to tell. We’ll see when the acorns start to drop!!
Any luck bow hunting yet?

deerhuntingdawg

I haven’t even been bowhunting this year. I simply have had no time. I’m gonna try the first weekend in October!

How2fish

I haven’t even been bowhunting this year. I simply have had no time. I’m gonna try the first weekend in October!
Me either we did have work weekend last weekend but I won't get to hunt to mid week of muzzle loader...good luck when you get out !

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Listened to lots of acorns falling into Kiokee Creek over in McDuffie on Wednesday.

deerhuntingdawg

Seen a lot of young bucks chasing and crushing since Saturday. Biggest buck was a 115-120” 8 Pointer. Total of 31 deer. The big bucks should get cranked up soon!!

deerhuntingdawg

Hey guys, is there a deer processor or deer hanging cooler in Warren county near the carmax area ? Thanks
Pittmans will probably be your closet Deer Processor to Camak. I don’t think Oliphants is open anymore. Maybe someone can correct me on that

How2fish

I took a nice 2.5 year old 8 pt last day of muzzle loader . Have a few nice bucks on trail cam, hunted last week and buddy took another nice 8 pt but not a lot of rutting sign yet on our lease...not going this week but going right after voting next Tuesday for the rest of the week . Hoping for some good weather and I think it will be ON...P.S please don't forget to vote next week.

dank1296

Last monday morning they were moving passed on two almost there 8 pointers. One had a broken or game front leg but was eating acorns looked healthy and was chasing a doe so i let him pass for his effort. Buddy killed spike yesterday morning with one spike broke and hanging down in front of eye still had velvet on it.

Bransdad

On the way out of camp this morning saw a small 8 pt. chase a doe across our food plot into small patch of woods. Leaving again Thursday going to stay 5 or so days. Hoping for decent weather and movement.

How2fish

On the way out of camp this morning saw a small 8 pt. chase a doe across our food plot into small patch of woods. Leaving again Thursday going to stay 5 or so days. Hoping for decent weather and movement.
I'm heading down tomorrow for the rest of the week...I heard a number of big ones were taken last weekend ...good luck