Alaskan Bush People

GeorgiaBob

I saw parts of a couple of episodes (channel surfing), so I cannot claim any real knowledge of the program - But - - my only impression of the show was that the "family" was probably evidence that siblings marrying each other for several generations is a really bad idea.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's funny in all these shows where they have the "poor" folks living off the land, but they have $750,000 boats, $100,000 trackhoes and bulldozers, $100,000 log skidders, etc, and hundreds of acres of land. Poor, poor people. They're much wealthier in reality than most of the city folks watching the shows.

HunterJoe24

I think it's funny in all these shows where they have the "poor" folks living off the land, but they have $750,000 boats, $100,000 trackhoes and bulldozers, $100,000 log skidders, etc, and hundreds of acres of land. Poor, poor people. They're much wealthier in reality than most of the city folks watching the shows.

I like the show Mountain Men, but I can't stand when they talk about barely making ends meet while wearing fully decked out sitka and kuiu gear

Hillbilly stalker

And shooing off mountain lions...what a joke. Nothing beats the AIMS team on mountain monsters chasing "wampus cats". Now that's entertainment lol !

Cmp1

BANNED
This is the one I'm talking about,,,,what a joke,,,,

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
The Kilchers are all loaded cause of Jewel The singer. She probably helps out the homestead a good bit. Lol.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
we're talking about the redhead neckbeards aka the Browns, honkey

JackSprat

The Kilchers are all loaded cause of Jewel The singer. She probably helps out the homestead a good bit. Lol.

The father of the main Kilcher family has an engineering degree and was a millionaire when Jewel was still singing in night clubs and bars. Look at NCHillbilly post about equipment. They always have an excavator, a couple of bulldozers, few tractors. Power from somewhere, because they freeze everything.

He made most of his money hauling stuff in that surplus landing craft.

They live a few miles from Homer. On online commentator noted that they are only 20 minutes from hot pizza.

I'm not being critical - I wish I could live like that - I take the show as good entertainment.

I have to note that they live in some of the best fishing in the world, and they appear to be notoriously poor fisher people.

specialk

I'm not being critical - I wish I could live like that - I take the show as good entertainment..

this right here.....it's what tv has become......from the robertsons to the khardashians.......it's the new entertainment......

robdobbs1983

I like the show Mountain Men, but I can't stand when they talk about barely making ends meet while wearing fully decked out sitka and kuiu gear
Tom ... I think his name is reminds me of some of the guys i was around as a kid and emulated. Dying breed. Make, fix, trap, kill, defend, cowboy up type. Regardless of age or handicaps.

Jack Ryan

I know the production company pays them but where do they get all their money? The last one I watched they were building a barn and using really good lumber. Not sure what they paid for the land. Just curious. The wife went through the cancer treatments which isn't cheap either. More power to them.
$435K CASH for 415 acres.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I enjoy Alaska the last frontier. They don't act poor and even say that the dad owned a massive machine shop. The alaskan bush people is a joke. The one "kid" 30 something years old climbs trees and punches fish like a dang monkey. The other "kid" has some kind of engineering knowledge, you don't learn how to make some of the stuff he does in the "bush".

rospaw

The Dad / Granddad (Yule) was a State Senator, farmer. Acquired the land (homestead) back in the 40's.
Going by the cost of beef/produce in Alaska ...... you can make a mint if you have good land that has been worked for 50 plus years.
A little "Jewel" never hurts either!

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Most people move off the grid to live off the grid. These people keep trying to make a grid where they moved.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I liked that one too. I always liked Bob Harte. What about Mountain Men? You like that one?

It`s alright, but has too much drama and has some stuff that isn`t real. I like old Tom Oar and Marty Meierotto`s wife has a cousin who is a friend of ours here in Southwest Georgia.

JohnnyWalker

And don't forget the huge boat with the drop gate in front. Even as scrap that isn't cheap.
You can't trade moose meat for something like that.