New WMA - Gaither WMA

BBond

Yesterday the Board approved the property and regulations.

It opens on September 22nd for hunting small game.

We will be working on boundary and roads soon. We've met with the county about us fixing a couple of roads and hopefully they will be getting worked soon.

You have to understand that until the Board approved this property we could not start work.

BBond

No its not all bow hunting.
Please see the attachment.
Thanks
Bobby

Attachments

• Gaither Hunting Seasons.pdf
    196.8 KB · Views: 53

Christian hughey

A little under 2000 acres I would imagine there wouldn't be much interior work needed go around the boundary with a bunch of foot travel only and wma signs and we should be good to hunt. Do you know if they have done the game cam survey of the property yet. When a new wma opens dnr performs this survey. COOL GW's share this info

BBond

We only do camera surveys on the larger WMAs (Cedar Creek, Oaky Woods, Big Lazer Creek etc.). This area we have no plans to conduct camera surveys.

Hunter922

We have 4 hunters with 5-6 priority points each. We will see how many get drawn..

Christian hughey

Property is small may be worth it if you get on first year. I have no points so I will have at the bow hunt. Property is getting a good bit of attention hopefully the nice ones don't get kicked out by a bunch of folks scouting it. Rut hunt should be on point though. See how it goes, good luck

Hunter922

For us yes. We have a few private hunting properties that border this WMA.. So we will be able to hunt both..plus i haven't applied for a Quota in 3-4 years..

tonyrittenhouse

Me and my wife got drawn for the first gun hunt Nov. 2-4 hope this is a good place to hunt. I don't know anything about the area.

Hunter922

We got drawn as well. Hope the weather cooperates.

Christian hughey

I'm sure 5 +. Hope it's worth it for you guys. Rode by on my way to work just to check out the area, looks decent. Looks to be a patch of county public works land. You guys should do ok the first year. Property has a good deer population and some good ones have been killed in that area. Saw 3 deer riding the road around the wma in the heat of the day.