Bucks disappearing

Josh1997

been getting pics of some good shooters almost every night. two for sure P and Y's. As of about a week ago I checked my cam and they weren't showing up and still haven't. Anyone else seeing this? Locked down or moved to a different area? what y'all think

Acarter2018

They have slowed down on our farm as well. Does included. Which they done the same thing last year around this time

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Were the night pics you were getting between, say, 12 am and 3 am and were they on bait?

PappyHoel

I always see them change their patterns this time of year. I always have to go rescout to figure out where they go

Dean

Time for bucks to start seeking a little more solitude away from other bucks they traveled with spring/summer. Over the years we have also seen bucks 'relocate' from Summer range to a Fall range. TC pics all Summer in one location, then disappear only to frequent a new range, even a few miles away. In other words, buck can have 2 different seasonal ranges quite a distance away from the other. But I noticed water oaks dropping in past few days and more deer activity around the oaks, maybe that Summer feed pattern is changing. I don't think it has anything to do with 'lock down' , I think it is food related or pre-rut staging.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
You think ? they have another corn pile with a camera closer to their main core area they stay. ?

Maybe another corn pile now that season is closer or simply just switching to a more preferred hard mast food source closer to bedding. If the pics are always in the middle of the night, there's a chance they are travelling a good ways from where they are spending the daylight hours.

ryanh487

Summer patterns are changing, bachelor groups are breaking up, and they're returning to the core of their territory to fatten up and prepare for the pre-rut in a few weeks. Find the white oaks near the thick and hunt the travel corridors between them. If there's water closer to one area then the other, focus on that too.

Muldoon

Their 'whackers' are telling them....it's time to split up!!

BowanaLee

I know the feeling. I have one that has lived in front of my camera since mid Oct last year. He disappeared when he shed velvet. Its almost time for him to show back up. ::;

j_seph

Im getting nothing but bucks on my camera, moon went back to half moon and the one I missed few weeks ago has been there about every day. He was there this past Tuesday at 620 and stayed in front of my stand for over an hour. Course I was not in it.

Timberman

Back in the day I had seen two big bucks off and on all summer and into bow season. Then the switch and they were gone. The next time I saw one of them his rack was wired to a tree letting ants clean the skull bout 3 miles away. Close to 150” buck

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Back in the day I had seen two big bucks off and on all summer and into bow season. Then the switch and they were gone. The next time I saw one of them his rack was wired to a tree letting ants clean the skull bout 3 miles away. Close to 150” buck

Kinda what I came in here to say.
Some bucks just been shot already. Others move and it’s the October lull already also. IMO.

Josh1997

I had pics of one of them which is a 10pt at 10:41am was the last pics I got of him. he was always out in shooting light in my pics as well as the other one was also right around shooting light. Its mostly pine trees where I have been hunting and over a corn pile so I guess they are transitioning to other food sources (acorns) or just separating. Kinda don't know what plan of action to go to now though (n)