Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Who started this epic thread!!! My goodness!!!

He was a visionary.

A champion of the culinary cause.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day......gotta work today, but have tomorrow off. Looking forward to getting a good old country breakfast served up to the tribe.

Dub

Well.....it's decided, for me, at least.

On this Monday morning....October 1st, 2018....I've decided which is the winner for me....Tennessee Pride Hot vs. Tennessee Pride Sage. Both are delicious, wife likes the Sage more.....me....I'm all about the Hot version.

Ugly eggs cooked with some American cheese & home-brewed A.P. rub. Tasted great.

Refining the recipe a bit more each time on my skillet biscuits.

I was able to make it outa the kitchen with my plate. Wife & kids tore into the rest.

I've down 3 cups of strong java and now my breakfuss. Ready to take on this day off and have some fun.

GA1dad

How you liking that Blues Hog rub ????

I like it okay. It does have a slight hint of their sauce flavor in it. It puts on a deep mahogany color. I bought it at our local Ace Hardware. It seems that (at least locally ) Ace Hardware is focusing on expanding their BBQ/Grilling section. The one in Gray GA has a pretty huge selection of rubs and such.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I like it okay. It does have a slight hint of their sauce flavor in it. It puts on a deep mahogany color. I bought it at our local Ace Hardware. It seems that (at least locally ) Ace Hardware is focusing on expanding their BBQ/Grilling section. The one in Gray GA has a pretty huge selection of rubs and such.

There are two ACE Hardwares near me.

They both have their drawbacks.....temptations in each.

The closer one in Evans also has a nice gun & archery shop managed & staffed with some of the best in the business around here. Back in '98 I moved to the area and bought my first Georgia gun, a handgun, from one of them. I bought a bow from the other who set it up perfectly. The store went out of business and they both found their way to this new location. Super folks....but I don't need to be looking at any more guns.

The one over in Grovetown sells Eggs and grilling stuff and has the marvelous phenomenon to always have some gorgeous womenz in there. I kid you not. I have some buddies who live over that way who...independently....made the same observations. I don't need to be looking at any more grills....or girls. :rofl: Married to a blonde who revs my engine. :love: I need to run the one I brung and stay away....

So....I'll keep an eye out for the B.H. rub in my normal spots. (y)

GA1dad

Whoa!!!

Are those Krispy Kremes?

Yessir. You can bump them up another notch by roasting them lightly over a campfire like a marshmallow. We take a dozen on every camping trip and enjoy smoke flavored KK's and hot coffee by the open fire.

naildrvr

Them Krispy Kremes are good fried in a black iron skillet with some butta. Let'em get a little crust on them and they show are fine!!!

Dub

Well.....last time I'll have the band all together for a couple weeks.

Wife has to get to ENC to meet with contractors & insurance adjuster to deal with the aftermath of the hurricane. She & her brother have a neighbor who already has done so and his repair estimate is already over 6 figures.

Rest of us have school & work schedules anchoring us down.

Figured it would be the perfect time to finish off another batch of Tennessee Pride Hot since it would just be sitting in the fridge forever.

Also figured I'd kick it up a notch on the biscuit recipe I've been working with. In this case that means adding shredded extra-sharp cheddar (wide version) to the dough. They loved it.

Breafusses sure are helping get this skillet seasoned nicely. Figure it'll be right on time by the time I reach my Willie Nelson-style retirement years. :rofl:

My fuel this morning:

The next tweak to the biscuit recipe will be with me using actual buttermilk vs the milk I keep in the fridge for coffee (nobody drinks milk in my house for some reason).

Pretty sure buttermilk will take this recipe into the "save as a favorite" category for my family.

GA1dad

LOL,, my daughter and I seem to go through a gallon of milk every two days,, a big glass at every meal.

Those biscuits look very, VERY interesting. Would live to have sampled straight out of the oven. Seems like with some garlic they wouldn't be just for breakfast anymore.

GA1dad

I tell ya what, I've passed by that Tennessee Pride sausage many times and never tried. I guess I was always afraid it would be like the Carolina Pride and not be very good. However, based on NCHillbilly and Dub's review I've tried both the hot and today the mild. I gotta say, I really like it!! It may have bumped ol' Jimmy Dean off its pedestal. The mild has an awesome flavor!! If you are looking for a good breakfast sausage, I agree with the others here,, give Tennessee Pride a try!!

Dub

I tell ya what, I've passed by that Tennessee Pride sausage many times and never tried. I guess I was always afraid it would be like the Carolina Pride and not be very good. However, based on NCHillbilly and Dub's review I've tried both the hot and today the mild. I gotta say, I really like it!! It may have bumped ol' Jimmy Dean off its pedestal. The mild has an awesome flavor!! If you are looking for a good breakfast sausage, I agree with the others here,, give Tennessee Pride a try!!

I"ll give the mild a try sometime.

I was really impressed with their sage version, too. Hyooge flavor without the heat. My wife loved it.

It's definitely on par with Jimmy Dean, in my humble opinion. The only thing is that the local stores here don't stock as many versions at they do with the JD lineup.

Perfection.... Nothing short of it!

Thanks, man. Sure was easy. Doing the same thing in a few for today's afternoon breakfuss.

The eggs will have some American cheese cooked into them and the works will have cheddar added on top. The Cholula salsa verde & chili lime are like a Mike Tyson combo on top. BAMSUCKA !

I've been rolling nicely since October 1st. Cut down on portions, cutting out snacks and other liquid calories. Easily done when the flavors are good on the stuff that I'm enjoying at meal times. A decent selection of hawt sauces sure helps the cause.

Stroker

I"ll give the mild a try sometime.

I was really impressed with their sage version, too. Hyooge flavor without the heat. My wife loved it.

It's definitely on par with Jimmy Dean, in my humble opinion. The only thing is that the local stores here don't stock as many versions at they do with the JD lineup.

Thanks, man. Sure was easy. Doing the same thing in a few for today's afternoon breakfuss.

The eggs will have some American cheese cooked into them and the works will have cheddar added on top. The Cholula salsa verde & chili lime are like a Mike Tyson combo on top. BAMSUCKA !

I've been rolling nicely since October 1st. Cut down on portions, cutting out snacks and other liquid calories. Easily done when the flavors are good on the stuff that I'm enjoying at meal times. A decent selection of hawt sauces sure helps the cause.
I love me some Tennessee Pride hot. Used to got to school and play football with Larry Odum, it was his father and grandfather who founded Tennessee Pride. My school bus passed by the plant every day in the 60's and 70's. I really like using the hot in my chili and queso dip.

Reactions: Dub
Status
Not open for further replies.