State maps

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’ve worked jobs requiring long drives for several years. Waze is great if you set it up correctly. It has saved me hours by directing me around I-75/85 shutdowns.

I also carry the laminated folded maps of the states I travel through. There are times you need a birds eye view of your trip.

Last edited:

Oldstick

I ordered a free and up to date road map from the GA DOT website recently. Maybe other states also offer this? It is very large to handle though, half of the state printed on each side of the unfolded (and extra large) sheet.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have a dedicated GPS, I have Waze and other GPS apps on my phone, but I also always carry that road atlas. A lot of the types of places that I like to go to often don't come with a phone signal, and sometimes don't even have a gps signal.

ucfireman

I ordered a free and up to date road map from the GA DOT website recently. Maybe other states also offer this? It is very large to handle though, half of the state printed on each side of the unfolded (and extra large) sheet.
Ill look into this.
As for WAZE, I've heard good things about it but don't trust things that aren't spelled correctly. And I've lived in metro Atlanta my whole life and have no idea where "Donewoody"is. LOL!