Where's Bro David's thread?

660griz

He can't put a stop to insults on the 'Holy Spirit'. Just in the little threads he controls. I insult numerous 'spirits' on a daily basis.

WaltL1

No doubt. Something strange on the handgun sub forum.... he was taking some heat for a post of his, of which he was responding rather sarcastic..... And someone stated, due to what he said, "Oh, I know who you are now". I wondered what that was about. Several possibilities.... I am reading to much into it.... he did not want to be know personally.... church affiliation caused him to step out..... was a previous removed poster back under a new name..... got over his head and did not know how to swim in the AAA forum..... or as you said, wanted nothing to do with using the HS in jokes.... But all his post are gone. LOL, I realize that I am reading waaaay to much into this. Oh no, I don't want to be like my mother. I got that from her. If I wanted to ride my bike to the store for a coke, she had already read into this that I was up to no good, and I was a good kid
The plot thickens.....
But to be honest, all that is just "filler". Ive seen enough from his posts to formulate my opinion.

j_seph

The plot thickens.....
But to be honest, all that is just "filler". Ive seen enough from his posts to formulate my opinion.
Are you a scientist in the real world sir?

WaltL1

Just to stop the gossip !
I chose to delete all threads and step away for personal reasons . I was unable to post on any of the pages without someone bring up my Faith . There are times in life when you just have to walk away . My flesh wants to point fingers and accuse , but it's my choice to step away !
I enjoyed our debates , and hope all you gentlemen well in all you endeavor !
Surely you wont believe this but........
Its your wildly inaccurate interpretations of what we actually say that is responsible for you "having to walk away".
So get to steppin…..

1gr8bldr

Just to stop the gossip !
I chose to delete all threads and step away for personal reasons . I was unable to post on any of the pages without someone bring up my Faith . There are times in life when you just have to walk away . My flesh wants to point fingers and accuse , but it's my choice to step away !
I enjoyed our debates , and hope all you gentlemen well in all you endeavor !
Glad your still here. LOL, sorry for the wild speculations. I did not know you could delete a thread like that. Wanted to several times. EDIT, I just went to an old thread and found the door to delete. I learn something everyday....

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
I actually think religious people have been telling you that faith can’t be measured by your evidence tools.

I gotta tell you bro...I can't even measure it by mine. I ain't bein' flip, I really never know.

Had Jesus not said "Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed ..."
or continued to not hear what He did say...well, what's the theological term in Latin for "folds like a cheap camera"?

I am inclined to look for a "bigness" in myself, you know? "I am this, I am that, I got this, I got that, I know this, I know that, I seen this, I seen that..." It's amazing what I think of myself with a bottle of beer and a hamburger in my hand at a sunny cookout.

But those times when I sense that mountain coming down on me...suddenly...all this stuff I had a hope in when the sun seemed shining and I skipped along the path...ooops...they kinda vanish. Quickly.

Had Jesus said instead..."You're toast dude if at that moment...you even feel that cold touch of chaos spreading like an express train of infection through your being."

There's this brother on here used to be more regular. I love this one testimony he shared. Part of the beauty of it was his simplicity in sharing it. He didn't make any claim "this happened to me, and I did such and such, and then God did such and such...and then this happened, and then that happened..."

All he knew was driving down the highway (at highway speed) this truck suddenly pulled out in front of him...BOOM...right there, and as much as this brother knew anything of knowing anything that he knew...HE KNEW it was crunch time. As I recall his telling he said "I just grabbed the wheel, braced myself, closed my eyes and said 'Nooooooo'..."

And the next thing I knew, I was going down the road, same lane...with that truck in my rearview. I don't know what happened. Had I just "passed through it?" I don't know...."

O, Man! How I love these kinda testimonies. They become so real to me in their simplicity. Reminds me of that guy that got healed of blindness when everyone came at him with questions. "who did this, how'd it happen...what's going on here, anyway?" He said "all I know is I was blind...and now I see"

I guess "Noooooo" don't seem like much of a prayer. Or, in that situation...even much of a declaration, after all...ain't it pretty much what almost anyone would say? Can I even surmise against this brother's testimony "he musta had great faith to get him through that"? When by (as I recall) his only testimony to that moment was "I knew it was crunch time" (my words, not his)?

Those moments when we are "saved" from what (even to us by all appearances) seems absolutely inevitable...whose gonna say "Oh yeah guys...I knew my faith would save me?" Ain't it always a working quite contrary to that? Like Paul said..."we had the sentence of death in ourselves!" We, at that point, had every surety of knowing how it would go....BUT...!

Man...if I could get this one thing over...(but I know I can't!!!!) of how vain, fruitless, unprofitable, fretfully fretful! Terribly "anti-peace" is trying to discern oneself as having "enough faith"!

(I think) It's far better to let the fundamental question of all wash over us....even when that very question makes us appear as unbelievers to our very own selves in the asking of it, appearing before God (as none can hide, anway!) as we are..."Is the faith I see in Jesus Christ...real? Sufficient?" O! How we hurt ourselves looking in the wrong place for the origins of faith....and "trying to have it". Or trying to discern "do I have enough?"

Mostly, (I think) we are going to tell ourselves (and O so fruitlessly and fretfully often try to prove to others, or present ourselves as such) "Oh, yeah...me? I'm a big faith guy...Jesus and me....I mean....we are sooooo tight!"

But "crunch time" shows us something very different. Man, am I little! I ain't got much of anything...at all. Except a whole lotta "Nooooo" for stuff I don't want...and how then am I any different in that...from anyone else?

Is anyone "different"? I had to be (and am continuing to be) persuaded..."yeah, Jesus you are different".

Just how different? So different now to me....it's a joke to try to be like Him.

And how different now, at the very least...at least to me?

He's the only One who has ever found the means of convincing me...(God knows I have taken as many other "ways" I could find to abort this)

"You be you"...and I'll be me. You do what you do, and I do what I do.

But how could I ever believe that's enough? That's OK? I'd have to believe someone made it OK...for me to be ...me. (and not try to be something, or someone else! O! The relief!...who can believe it?)

Some will say "But silly boy, that's just the simple message of the gospel...some one has accounted for all (and removed) seen as fault in you...even...and especially...by you... You ain't got much faith at all. That's the baby food!"

I'll take it!

I really am just beginning to believe...

That my "weakest" prayers, even all that appears as "lack of faith" (wow....what seems more condemning to "THE CHRISTIAN"?) Has all...really....been taken into account. Way before I even knew...there was gonna be a me...to know...as me.

Last edited:

WaltL1

In my view, the very worst of religion is the proselytizing...
It is at the root of a lot of issues although I do have to say, at least with the Christian "regulars" here, they aren't focused on "converting" us.
Unless they are being sneaky about it...…..

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
It is at the root of a lot of issues although I do have to say, at least with the Christian "regulars" here, they aren't focused on "converting" us.
Unless they are being sneaky about it...…..

Yes, I quite often read through the threads here to roll over the questions and thoughts in my own mind, without participating in the thread.
I could hardly bear the ones that were deleted.
Sometimes I have the faith.
Sometimes I have the doubts.
I don't believe that faith can be Alchemy-ed into knowledge.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I actually think religious people have been telling you that faith can’t be measured by your evidence tools.
True, but it can be tempered by common sense. Most folks aren't infected with religious faith to the point that it makes them disavow everything that experience and common sense have shown them to be true over the years.

If I tell you that I firmly believe that through my faith, I can drop a rock and it will fall upwards into the sky instead of falling to the ground, but I can't demonstrate it in front of you; then you would likely have a quite skeptical view of my intelligence and rationality. Yet, many who are blinded by their faith don't understand that the same reaction comes from most folks when you tell them in 2018 that you honestly believe that snakes can talk, the world is only 6,000 years old, a man can survive a prolonged period of time in a whale's belly, plants existed before the sun did, evolution and natural selection don't exist, and that humans and chimpanzees are unrelated.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
True, but it can be tempered by common sense. Most folks aren't infected with religious faith to the point that it makes them disavow everything that experience and common sense have shown them to be true over the years.

If I tell you that I firmly believe that through my faith, I can drop a rock and it will fall upwards into the sky instead of falling to the ground, but I can't demonstrate it in front of you; then you would likely have a quite skeptical view of my intelligence and rationality. Yet, many who are blinded by their faith don't understand that the same reaction comes from most folks when you tell them in 2018 that you honestly believe that snakes can talk, the world is only 6,000 years old, a man can survive a prolonged period of time in a whale's belly, plants existed before the sun did, evolution and natural selection don't exist, and that humans and chimpanzees are unrelated.
I can’t disagree except a rock is something we can see where it lands. And it’s something we can do and not read about.

Faith is unseen. Remove all bible stories and it really doesn’t affect our faith. It isn’t in a talking snake or any such stories.

Remember, look through the eyes of those 6,000 years ago at how things looked and were described by them and use common sense. I wonder what the differences are between now and then of the sound a sea shell makes.

I’ve never seen a talking snake and probably would be the first one to shoot it and the last one to tell anyone it talked.

As far as what non believers think about the sanity or questioning believers intelligence, to each his own. That’s always been, always will be.

I think where the line is drawn is when non believers ask for evidence without “regurgitated scripture”, yet regurgitated scripture is exactly where non believers go after claiming certain things.

It’s true that anyone can take a scripture and make it say or mean whatever they want, but when you use the entire Bible, it’s a different outcome and when you don’t, it reveals a lack of understanding of the Bible.

Further, when thousands of denominations and “Christians” tell non believers thats not what that means”.........it does question why is it just non believers and some radical Muslims that think scripture commands to rape and kill?

Other than that, I agree, some people, including Christians fail to exercise common sense.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Brother David maybe back one day. As we all do. He had a test.
He has de decided it best that he departs for a while.

End of Discussion!

Thankyou Kenny.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
In my view, the very worst of religion is the proselytizing...
I’m ok with it as long as they can take no for an answer and not trying to use circumstances to take advantage of someone during an emotional time.

I don’t even like it when they do it at a funeral unles it was a request of the person in the casket.

ky55

Nothing to do with his feelings getting hurt. There is conviction in following God and being one of his, y'all made the insults on the Holy Spirit. He put a stop to that since it was the thread he started.
This is where I can see that those of y'all that "were self proclaimed Christians" once were nothing more than folks being religious. If you had the real deal, there would have been conviction that you would not walk away and deny.

My comment about “holy spirits” was no different than the usual comments in here about talking donkeys and dead men walking.
I think da good brutha was looking for a way out and jumped on an opportunity to go out thinking he was looking good.
His assertions of faith as facts weren’t working.

Some of y’all seem to expect your spirits and superstitions to be accepted as facts in the A/A forum, same as they are accepted in the forums upstairs.
Some of us down here don’t.

Last edited:

1eyefishing

I risk repeating myself here but,

I am a dyslexic agnostic insomniac. I lie awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

And I don't need anybody's help to make up my mind.
EDIT: ... Or not making up my mind.

1eyefishing

"Jesus is both impossible to be with...and the easiest to be with...at once. One will find great reward in hanging with Him."

This brings to my mind the fact that I try to live a life that He would respect, but because it is to my advantage here and now to do so.
It may, secondarily be to my advantage beyond this life also.
I ask myself if this is selfish?