Some Northern Illinois Bucks

This , and he looks to have one eye !

Very perceptive, he is definitely a one eye deer. I tried to darken the pic and this is what I came up with.
Also, I was out youth gun hunting this past weekend with my grandson, he wanted a buck and that did not happen.
This was also the first weekend of bow season. My buddy was out with us and stuck a nice 3 year old. Its actually the 3rd pic from the bottom from the trail cam pics.

iZ4iFdn.png

GbCMcc7.jpg

Jim Boyd

Love the pics!!!!

I thought bow season came in for the entire state on 1 October tho?

Will be pulling cams in west central starting 1 November - can’t wait to see what is there.

Good luck this season!!

Love the pics!!!!

I thought bow season came in for the entire state on 1 October tho?

Will be pulling cams in west central starting 1 November - can’t wait to see what is there.

Good luck this season!!

Jim,
Illinois youth gun season is always the first weekend in Oct, the bow opener is Oct 1, so this was the first weekend after the opener.
There has been so much rain the past few weeks, crop harvesting is behind schedule, we need all the standing corn out of here before the chasing begins.
We have had some solid frosts already, leaves are dropping, its getting close.
Good luck to you also.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
All look great but that first one seems like a prototypical mature midwest buck! What a stud.

I was in Chicago for work last week when a front blew through on Weds. I was stuck in meetings all day Thursday looking out the window thinking about what a great morning/day it would have been to hunt. I think the 24 hr temp change was ~25 degrees.