****General Discussion Weather Thread #3 - 2018****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Does anybody have any reports on Thomasville?
From the Thomas county EMA:
As of midnight the “snapshot” of Thomas County (utilities, roads etc.)
Percent of county without power: 95%
City of Thomasville estimated 12,000 customers without utilities
Grady EMC estimated 5,745 customers without utilities
GA Power estimated 2,000 customers without utilities
Continuous work on downed trees through-out the county and city
No dirt roads have been assessed at this time
Over 200 downed trees have logged in to the EOC
City of Thomasville have approximately 180 service calls which includes downed trees and downed power lines
EMS had 40 calls for service
County Fire and City Fire ran multiple alarm calls and other weather related events
There are 210 personnel working event
A/C went out in EOC on generator power, Mr. Knight personally came in and got the air working.
There are 3 Community shelters that we are aware of the opened Wednesday afternoon.
First Baptist last report they were housing 170 citizens
Silver Hill Missionary Coolidge-unknown number housed
Coolidge Memorial Baptist Church- unknown number housed

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
From the Thomas county EMA:
As of midnight the “snapshot” of Thomas County (utilities, roads etc.)
Percent of county without power: 95%
City of Thomasville estimated 12,000 customers without utilities
Grady EMC estimated 5,745 customers without utilities
GA Power estimated 2,000 customers without utilities
Continuous work on downed trees through-out the county and city
No dirt roads have been assessed at this time
Over 200 downed trees have logged in to the EOC
City of Thomasville have approximately 180 service calls which includes downed trees and downed power lines
EMS had 40 calls for service
County Fire and City Fire ran multiple alarm calls and other weather related events
There are 210 personnel working event
A/C went out in EOC on generator power, Mr. Knight personally came in and got the air working.
There are 3 Community shelters that we are aware of the opened Wednesday afternoon.
First Baptist last report they were housing 170 citizens
Silver Hill Missionary Coolidge-unknown number housed
Coolidge Memorial Baptist Church- unknown number housed

Thanks. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Small world - was monitoring Crisp County (Broadcastify) when y'all got toned out for roof collapse (oak tree) with entrapment. Also heard something about a LEO with car "trouble" ... and transformers popping like lightning. Stay Safe.
Yep, the lady was very fortunate to not be impaled, if her bed had been on a different side of the room she wouldn’t have made it. That is also a good reason to stay downstairs during a storm. Won’t name names, but a LEO did run into a downed tree. Understandable in the mess we were dealing with. Last I heard was 10,000 without power in Crisp. Dooly is likely that bad or worse. Drayton area had trees on two houses with entrapment. Thankful it wasn’t any worse.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Anyone hear anything about Taliaferro County/Crawfordville area? Don't see any EMA info on any of the city/county websites.

Cook&Bro

I tried google earth. Still old images. Daughter in law went to Tampa with grand kids. Said she heard from son today. Sheriff's department lost radio and 911. Only at&t is working for text msgs. Won't have power for 2 to 3 weeks. I want to load up motorhome and uhaul with supplies for them but I don't think they will let me into bay county

https://www.surfnetkids.com/tech/296/how-to-view-real-time-images-at-google-earth/

Although it is a common misconception that Google Earth images are real-time, they are not. There are, however, two ways to view nearly real-time satellite images on Google Earth. For three-hour old weather images, look for the Clouds layer, found under the new Weather layer folder. NASA also has a layer called DailyPlanet which shows the entire Earth, continuously updated in real-time at a medium resolution. For more Google Earth tips, read the Google Earth Blog.

Don't know if either method will work, but worth a try

Oldstick

Is the actual path pretty close to the predicted path??

As far as I know, yes it followed it exactly. Almost like it was following a road map for driving from Panama City over to the Augusta/Aiken SC area.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
You headed to black powder weekend?

Yup. Headed down tomorrow am to bowhunt for the day, then BP on Saturday. Taking a chainsaw, fuel, etc. just in case I gotta do some logging to get in. Bob G may be headed down to Sylvester with the trackhoe to dig out a friend, though.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Yup. Headed down tomorrow am to bowhunt for the day, then BP on Saturday. Taking a chainsaw, fuel, etc. just in case I gotta do some logging to get in. Bob G may be headed down to Sylvester with the trackhoe to dig out a friend, though.
Understood.. He emailed me and ask if I was coming.. Gotta work! One day me and you will make a good handshake sir!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I just heard from a buddy that lives in Quincy Fl. They're ok, had roof damage & a window blow out. Gonna be without power for probably 2 weeks.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Crazy how Michael was still a TS all the way into Virginia last night and into this morning causing flooding with rescues into late last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts