Ultimate Waterfowlers Challenge, Grand slam

Well, I strategically mentioned this Challenge to my wonderful mother-in-law about 2 weeks ago and sure enough, my wife come carrying the package across the yard this afternoon. Some may find this type of hoopla a waste of good time and money. However, I'm pretty pumped about the challenge. I'm entering only my 6th season as a consistent duck hunter. I live in south central Georgia, and have only harvested 10 of the needed 41 species. I'm excited to start my kill list over and hope to have the first mile stone of 15 harvested within the next two seasons. I understand most hunters don't "log the kills". Just curious how many of the huntable waterfowl species in North America yall have successfully harvested and the time frame it took to accomplish it. See the Challenge list below. The ducks in Bold are my current kill list.

Puddle Duck Division:
1. Mallard
2. Pintail
3. American Wigeon
4. Gadwall
5. Northern Shoveler
6. Green-winged Teal
7. Blue-winged Teal
8. Cinnamon Teal
9. Wood Duck
10. Black Duck
11. Mottled Duck
12. Black Bellied Whistling Duck
13. Fulvous Whistling Tree Duck

Diver Duck And Merganser Division

14. Canvasback
15. Redhead
16. Greater Scaup
17. Lesser Scaup
18. Common Goldeneye
19. Barrows Goldeneye
20. Ruddy Duck
21. Bufflehead
22. Ring-necked Duck
23. Hooded Merganser
24. Common Merganser
25. Red-breasted Merganser

Sea Ducks Division

26. King Eider
27. Common Eider
28. Old Squaw (Long Tailed Duck)
29. Harlequin Duck
30. Common (Black) Scoter
31. Surf Scoter
32. White-winged Scoter

Geese, Swans and Cranes Division

33. Tundra Swan
34. Sandhill Crane
35. Canada Goose
36. Cackling Canada Goose
37. Snow Goose
38. Blue Goose
39. Ross Goose
40. White-fronted Goose (Specklebelly)
41. Brant Goose

Buckstop

16 species combined in the puddle and diver divisions. Mostly between 1988 and 2000. No geese or sea ducks. Majority was in east central FL with a little in SC and some in TX. Was eat up with it for awhile there till deer took me over. Great memories.

DRBugman85

Puddle Ducks all (13),Diver Ducks (5) don't shoot Mergansers are Golden Eye, Sea Ducks (0) and Geese (6). That's after 55 years of WATERFOWLING But I'm not done yet :)

kevbo3333

9 puddle, 6 divers, 2 geese. I have killed 13 different species in one weekend before. I need to go chase some sea ducks and geese, haven’t really “targeted” those yet as I like puddle duck hunting more.

rnelson5

This is just a starting point. There are many subspecies and variations.

UncleBuzz

28 for me since 2004. Need to travel for most of the remaining to the other side of the country for cinnamons, FL for the Whistlers and the far north for the eiders and harlequin. Probably TX or central flyway for the blue goose and the specks

Duckbuster82

You need to take me hunting.
If You target each species, you may not kill a lot but you can kill a good number of them. We travel a good bit each year buy we will sleep in the truck eat cold soup from a can to make it happen. But it’s not hard to kill them if you have the time.

gtmcwhorter

If You target each species, you may not kill a lot but you can kill a good number of them. We travel a good bit each year buy we will sleep in the truck eat cold soup from a can to make it happen. But it’s not hard to kill them if you have the time.
I started chasing them too late in life when I already had grown up responsibilities that didn’t let me hunt 30,40, or 50 days of the season

Arrow3

I've killed 7 of the puddlers, 7 of the divers, and 3 of the geese. ..

hrstille

28 for me since 2004. Need to travel for most of the remaining to the other side of the country for cinnamons, FL for the Whistlers and the far north for the eiders and harlequin. Probably TX or central flyway for the blue goose and the specks
You don't have to go that far west to kill Blues & Specks

I hunt Arkansas every year. We hunt public land, of course non guided, for about 5-7 days. License run between $135-$180 for that time frame, and harvest between 50-100 birds as a group. Most of my species come from there. Locally, I kill woodies and hooded mergansers. One time I killed "A" ring neck after a 80 mile drive to the coast. I hunted Florida for teal this season , shot twice in four days.(but good times with Dad). However, I try to go every week of the season. I still ride the local rivers, and WMAs looking for the X but find it pretty tough to constantly harvest any type of duck. None of my buddies scout, and I'm the only one with a boat. Although all of them talk the talk. I often have to hunt alone, and im slowly making progress on a duck habitat of my own... So this will be quite the challenge... Its nice to read yalls reports. I like to think I can realistically harvest 30 of these within a few season.. I'm at least excited about trying... Thanks for all the comments.

hrstille

Stay after them. Its a fun hobby. You'll cross a bunch off the list if you keep hitting Arkansas and other Midwest states.