Bobcat in the pea patch

Mark K

Banned
beautiful creatures i cant bring myself to shoot one....I love to watch them
I used to feel that way too until I started trapping and seeing the quail and turkey make a huge comeback. Our predators have no predators except us. I make sure I’m the dominant predator...

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I have three bobcats that travel my property fairly regularly. One has been there for at least 5-6 years now and the other two have been there for 3-4 years now. The larger and more veteran bobcat apparently can tell time down just about down to the minute too because it sticks to it's normal schedule. I have seen all of them from time to time on various cameras. One thing for sure, from their appearance, they could be one more killing machine as they can move faster than a speeding bullet when necessary.

Here is proof that this one sticks to a close schedule while on the prowl in this location. Notice the date and time on the first photo is 8/24/2018 at 6:35 AM and on the second photo with the same bobcat being within a couple of feet of the exact previous location, ONLY the time is 4 days later on 8/28/2018 at 6:38 PM. Yep, only 3 minutes difference in the time of day. (Also, for the most part on the majority of my cameras, I tried to leave the time the same instead of changing ahead an hour due to daylight savings time. With the time showing 6:35 AM, it looks like you can see a lot more daylight because it is really 7:35 AM based on the current actual time. The reason is simple, I don't want to have to change back the time again around the end of October for about 45 cameras that are currently in the woods now.

T-CAM # 4 POND            9-2-18 009.JPGT-CAM # 4 POND            9-2-18 168.JPG

Mark K

Banned
They make their rounds for sure, just like a coyote. They also have a fairly large territory they’ll cover in that time as well. Some is just travel and then they’ll have their preferred hunting areas. Although anytime a potential meal is encountered it becomes hunting time as well. Very unique but somewhat predictable in their actions. And trust me, if you are seeing three, I’d be willing to bet there are three times that many. I took six off a place that had seen 1 on camera...and he wasn’t one of the ones I caught before pulling out.

rosewood

Reckon if you could get one as a kitten and raise it if it would make a good pet? Yeah, yeah, I know, probably against the law since it is a wild animal. Just thinking.

Can you imagine if a 40 lb bobcat met a burglar at the door?

GeorgiaGlockMan

Reckon if you could get one as a kitten and raise it if it would make a good pet? Yeah, yeah, I know, probably against the law since it is a wild animal. Just thinking.

Can you imagine if a 40 lb bobcat met a burglar at the door?
My wife got to meet a huge house trained bobcat when she bought our king Shepard from a Michigan breeder. Said that the cat thought it was a dog.