Best/worst bbq in georgia!?!?

Artfuldodger

I think I mentioned Barnyard BBQ in Douglas already. There is a new place in Douglas called Hog N bones that pretty good. I tried their ribs and brisket. There is also one in Waycross and Tifton.

One other place worth mentioning is 4 Rivers Smokehouse in Atlanta. Located near Georgia Tech in an old firehouse.

The chain is out of Florida with the one in Atlanta being the only one not in Florida. We ate at the one near Orlando and it was pretty good.

https://4rsmokehouse.com/locations/atlanta/

VANCE

right off 85 north (hang a left) on the hwy53 exit
i dont remember the name but its in the El Centinela mexican parking lot

that place was no bueno

they did win a sauce contest back in 97......or some such

Reactions: Dub

Mattval

Shane's is the worst BBQ!

Best: Rusty Pig in Glennville, GA

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Rusty Pig in Glennville is good. Rusty Pig in Rincon not quite as good as Glennville.
IMO, the most overrated barbecue was Sweat's in Soperton. It's no longer in business and has been so for quite awhile. Lewis Grizzard, however, loved it and wrote about it more than once in his column. Gil

Curvebow05

The Smoque Pit in Statesboro is by far the best. I grew up on Eastern NC BBQ, and nothing down here compares, but it sounds like one or two that I haven't had the pleasure of visiting may fit the bill. Shaney (owner of Smoque Pit) has done enough with his flavors that it is very different from what I prefer and it's fantastic. Multiple cultures intertwined in the sauces and original sides make it a winner. His secret hot sauce (available upon request, comes with a personal warning from him) is delicious. Simple meat menu, brisket, turkey, pulled pork. Can't go wrong with any of them. You definitely have to get some Brussels Sprouts.

someguyintraffic

Read Fresh Air on the list and about upchucked. Lol cant believe I drove down there for it. Even Heavy's in Crawfordville, Taliaferro County gets a nod over Fresh Air.

Honestly, Williamson Bros Canton/Marietta is best Ive come across. Consistent pit cooked taste and sauce flavor.

Dub

Best BBQ is in NC,,,

I used to think that when I lived in ENC.

Moving to Georgia changed my mind.

I still prefer the pulled/chopped pork ENC style, but the local ribs here are better.

3ringer

Another vote for Jim's Smokin Q in Blairsville. That cherry wood he smokes with makes some delicious ribs. Only drawback is long lines and short hours of operation.
We are there last week. It was goot

3ringer

The worst bbq that I have ever eaten was at Dobbs Bbq in Dothan Alabama. The meat was stringy , fatty and lacked flavor. The stew was mushy and had a jello consistency . The slaw had a chalky taste to it. My water with lemon was good. I felt like eating a little poo to get the taste out of my mouth. We just keep on driving when we pass by it on the way to PCB.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
The worst bbq that I have ever eaten was at Dobbs Bbq in Dothan Alabama. The meat was stringy , fatty and lacked flavor. The stew was mushy and had a jello consistency . The slaw had a chalky taste to it. My water with lemon was good. I felt like eating a little poo to get the taste out of my mouth. We just keep on driving when we pass by it on the way to PCB.
We drove by there many times but never stopped because we were always in a hurry going to the beach or coming home but always said “I bet that’s some good Q” . We decided to make time to stop and eat lunch there on
the way to the beach one year. What a mistake ! The pork tasted like it was smoked over a tractor tire. None of the sides were good and the service was terrible. We were nice to the waitress as always but she kept looking at us like we were from outer space. No doubt the worse BBQ joint I’ve ever ate at

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I maybe alone on this but I like Sonny’s in Marietta and Bilbo’s in Bremen GA