State park hunting question

hikingthehills

Next week I'll be going down to Hard Labor creek for the first time. Is there anywhere on property that they will allow you to quarter up a deer? I'm going to have to stay in a hotel since it is a ways from the house and I'll sure I won't be able to do that there. Any advise would great, thanks in advance!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Next week I'll be going down to Hard Labor creek for the first time. Is there anywhere on property that they will allow you to quarter up a deer? I'm going to have to stay in a hotel since it is a ways from the house and I'll sure I won't be able to do that there. Any advise would great, thanks in advance!

When I hunted there they had cabins for rent at the park. I actually rented a space and set up a tent. They had water, a picnic table, and a place to hang a lantern. They also had a place where you took the deer to have it checked and the best I remember you could hang, skin, and quarter your deer.

hikingthehills

When I hunted there they had cabins for rent at the park. I actually rented a space and set up a tent. They had water, a picnic table, and a place to hang a lantern. They also had a place where you took the deer to have it checked and the best I remember you could hang, skin, and quarter your deer.
I tried to rent a cabin online but they said they were all unavailable. Camping would be fine with and I'll call tomorrow and find out! That would be great, thanks! I had much rather camp than stay at a hotel!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
If I remember correctly I couldn't rent a camp site from the website because the park was closed to the public during the hunt. It's been a while so that might not be right. For certain though I had to call and explain that I was hunting in order to reserve a camp site. I'm not sure that it was a tent site, I think the tent site's may have been all rented out, and I paid the minimal charge for a camper site and just pitched a tent on it. Maybe this link will give you more information. https://gastateparks.reserveamerica...roundDetails.do?contractCode=GA&parkId=530166

hikingthehills

Heck yea, thank yall! I feel better heading down there now! I didn't want to shoot one and have to ride back to the house to get it in the cooler. I should be able to hunt both days now. Hopefully the rain holds off for us.

hikingthehills

If I remember correctly I couldn't rent a camp site from the website because the park was closed to the public during the hunt. It's been a while so that might not be right. For certain though I had to call and explain that I was hunting in order to reserve a camp site. I'm not sure that it was a tent site, I think the tent site's may have been all rented out, and I paid the minimal charge for a camper site and just pitched a tent on it. Maybe this link will give you more information. https://gastateparks.reserveamerica...roundDetails.do?contractCode=GA&parkId=530166
I was able to get a cabin, I'm excited now!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Awesome! Those are nice cabins. I ended up spending a couple of nights in a cabin with a group of 3 guys from the forum. They had an extra bed and it was freezing and raining. I knew them but didn't know they would be on the hunt. I sure appreciated the offer too. It beat freezing and wet in the tent for sure. I've met some great friends through this forum over the years.

steve woodall

Anybody do any good?

deast1988

How'd you do?

killabig1

I killed a 5 pointer the first morning, saw 9 hogs, voted, then saw six does and a spike in the afternoon. The next morning I got a 5 1/2 year old 100lb doe.

There were about 130 hunters checked in (out of a quota of 250) and by mid-morning of the second day there were 40-somthing deer killed. I saw one nice 115-class 8-pointer checked in.

steve woodall

I killed a little spike the first morning and a little 8 the second morning. The 8 was the 59th deer checked in and that was noonish on Wednesday.