Benchrest rifle value

waterman

I recently inherited a 222 benchrest rifle that I’m not interested in keeping. Mainly because it does not have a safety, so I’m not comfortable with the kids using it. It’s a 40xbr Remington with a stainless bull barrel from the factory. Figure it’s a pretty specialized model and caliber. Any idea how much it is worth?

jglenn

you can check gunbroker for the same rifles. it will give you an idea of what folks are asking.. there are several models of 40x other than the benchrest model

without a scope probably 1,400-1,600 depending upon condition

fine gun

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
you can check gunbroker for the same rifles. it will give you an idea of what folks are asking.. there are several models of 40x other than the benchrest model

without a scope probably 1,400-1,600 depending upon condition

fine gun

make sure you look at the sold units, not the ones for sale. Some of those are just pipe dream prices

waterman

Thanks guys. I was thinking about $600, I will check out gunbroker. Is it hard to sell on there without an FFL?

killerv

Thanks guys. I was thinking about $600, I will check out gunbroker. Is it hard to sell on there without an FFL?

No, but buyer will need to make sure his FFL will except from a private individual. I'd mention that in your add. A lot only do FFL to FFL, just depends on the other end.

wareagle700

You know you can get a trigger with a safety pretty cheap right?

That rifle will bring $800+ quick if it's in good condition and not glued into the stock.

rayjay

It's worth way more than $600. Don't sell it until you find out what it is really worth. What kind of scope does it have on it ? some of the old scopes bring a lot of money by themselves.

Post some pics. I've been messing with 40Xs for about 10 years.

Also what about reloading dies, brass, etc ? Should be a rest and rear bag somewhere. Maybe some windflags. BR is a gadget driven game.

rayjay

As for the safety, don't let the kids shoot then. Shoot it yourself. Or, like was said, put a different trigger on it. Until you have used a BR trigger your shooting experience is incomplete.