Fighting the boredum this time of year after work.

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
I am a busy body. I have to be doing something all the time. This time of year when I get home from work and am in the house all night due to cold and darkness I litteraly turn crazy. We are just beginning and I can't stand sitting and doing nothing. I'm sure most don't care but for the ones that do care, what do you do to pass time? I'm going insane already!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I don't have a particular hobby, but I tend to stay busy tinkering with just about anything and everything during the day. You are correct though, this is a tough time of the year for that type of busy.

I spend a lot of time on here at night, but even when I'm here I have several tabs open and am reading, or researching subject matter that I have interests in.

I would like to find me an after hours hobby though.

Stroker

Work on restoring a old truck if my shop ain't to cold, reloading, GON, and rest up from deer season.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Work on restoring a old truck if my shop ain't to cold, reloading, GON, and rest up from deer season.

That’s what I need is an old truck or something for a long term project.

sinclair1

Tuff time for me too, the yard is dormant and we cut way back on going to Sinclair. I am never really bored but do not enjoy winter as I don't hunt and hate fishing winter patterns.

Greene728

I'm with you brother! I cant stand this time of year. I usually rack up on OT at work, read and research a lot on things that interest me, and take care of indoor things I put off during the warm months. For instance, I'm redoing the steps going upstairs and also gonna refinish the kitchen cabinets after Christmas. I find plenty to do, although it's not always what I may want to do! Spring can't come soon enough!

someguyintraffic

I am a busy body. I have to be doing something all the time. This time of year when I get home from work and am in the house all night due to cold and darkness I litteraly turn crazy. We are just beginning and I can't stand sitting and doing nothing. I'm sure most don't care but for the ones that do care, what do you do to pass time? I'm going insane already!

Im in my garage tinkering/ servicing equipment or playing guitar/reading/ looking at profits vs expenses. Rarely do I have time to get bored.

someguyintraffic

Winter is some of the best fishing. Crankbaits on Jackson, Hartwell, even Allatoona produce nice sacks. Fished Jackson on a 23 degree morning last January, local pot tourney going on had first 3 spot in 20s. I thought two 5 pounders and a few limits of 2 lb fish was worth the drive. 20lbs!
Tuff time for me too, the yard is dormant and we cut way back on going to Sinclair. I am never really bored but do not enjoy winter as I don't hunt and hate fishing winter patterns.

sinclair1

I hate it getting dark early too. Those midsummer days when I have 4 hours after work are the peak of my enjoyment. Get home mow the lawn, wash the truck while the grill is chugging along.

Vs. winter, it's dark at 6pm and 30 degrees, can't do much outside I want to do, wind is howling and sitting on the deck with the smoker going is not fun, yard look s bla, can't wash my truck, so it's salvagable by sitting by the real fireplace watching a movie with the wife and eating chili. Not a fan of indoors

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
That’s what I need is an old truck or something for a long term project.

I have the old truck but I don't have the place to work on it. I love working on stuff but hate having to get out all my tools just to work on something for an hour or so then put it all away. Ideally I'd have a garage/shop where I'd could work on stuff, find a stopping point and then just pick it up again the next day. AC/heat would be nice too :bounce:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I have the old truck but I don't have the place to work on it. I love working on stuff but hate having to get out all my tools just to work on something for an hour or so then put it all away. Ideally I'd have a garage/shop where I'd could work on stuff, find a stopping point and then just pick it up again the next day. AC/heat would be nice too :bounce:

You got that right, I've got an old un-insulated tin garage with concrete floor, power-220, a couple window unit AC's, pot bellied wood stove, and plenty of firewood, etc., with no doors on the entrance. I've just got it gated with 6' chain link for now.

Also, because of the way it was constructed(hand built rough cut truss) and creosoted posts over 60 or 70 years ago, it's got a center post in the center and one centered on the outer front entrance also.

I guess I could rip the tin off the top, build a new truss system, beam it across the front entrance and install 2 rollup doors, insulate it, cut in some windows and a walk thru door, add some electrical outlets(only 2 now), install the window units and the potbellied stove with stack out of the back wall, then see if I could find a project to work on.

:rofl:

jeardley

I always save my inside work for the winter. Have a bathroom in my basement I'll be finishing this winter along with redoing my stairs leading down to it, building an entertainment center for the movie room I did last winter, and adding a bar. Bad thing is after these are done I'm finished with all the major projects inside so next year I may be in the same boat trying to find something to do.

specialk

Try coon hunting.....

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Somedays i pick a gun to disassemble and clean. You could maybe pick up some friends and clean them for extra cash too. Or do them for free to settle your nerves.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Time spent by a good fire is not wasted.

This. ^ When I'm not doing that this time of year is a good time to knock out some of my continuing education requirement. Just about to finish a 20 hour course now. All that's left is score the final exam.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Somedays i pick a gun to disassemble and clean. You could maybe pick up some friends and clean them for extra cash too. Or do them for free to settle your nerves.

Why would someone want to wash their friends???? Odd.....

I often wonder about that Honky
I'm not bored anymore, y'all are killin' me!:rofl:

(I guess "grammar lives' matters")...
Reminds me of this old saying: "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose...".