****General Discussion Weather Thread #3 - 2018****

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey30725

I don't recall NW Georgia getting much of anything last year. Maybe it was just my far NW corner. We got a few flizzards, but that was all I can remember.

toyota4x4h

Ok yeah I thought it was last year. We had like 4" on the porch but the roads were passable for the most part.

malak05

Yeap Dallas GA in the Yorkville area and got right at 12 inches of snow most since the Blizzard of 93 when I lived in Cedartown and was a kid

It was the same window last year when that storm rolled thru, not sure this is the same look as last year and currently looks more eastward into SC/NC but the CAD areas look in play for sure and as we know with 5-6 days to go the whole outlook could change majorly for the whole south by Wednesday

Mountainbuck

I friend of mine texted me a clown map from the euro today.... WOW! Wish for once those clown maps would verify! DDD where are you!?!?

I friend of mine texted me a clown map from the euro today.... WOW! Wish for once those clown maps would verify! DDD where are you!?!?

Yeah...the model runs have been feast or famine....then back again, lol...It is way to far out to know what is going to happen either way...Give it 2 or 3 more days and see how the model runs trending and which ones are consistent. ;)

krisjack

Yeah, the models are pretty much all over the place but it is a few days away. I do see that system on satellite coming in from the Pacific. Once it gets organized I am sure we will get a better handle on it. This past system down here with severe weather was something else. That lightning was very intense.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty good snow showers here this morning. I have absolutely no doubt that it will snow a bunch here this weekend. It never doesn't snow here, even if they give it a 10% chance. About twice a week from now til at least late March. Winter sucks.

Pretty good snow showers here this morning. I have absolutely no doubt that it will snow a bunch here this weekend. It never doesn't snow here, even if they give it a 10% chance. About twice a week from now til at least late March. Winter sucks.

Where are you located ?

PappyHoel

ryork

We had around 13" on Dec 8th last year here, and another 2-3" or so from the storm in mid-Jan 2018, and then a dusting on my B-day March 12, 2018. We had snow on the ground in some fashion for at least 20 days last winter as it was very cold and stayed cold after those two snows.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

smokey30725

I live in Dallas, Ga...In the New Hope community....I got 12"inches from the Dec 8th storm last year... 30132 zip.
I'm up near Chattanooga. We have the "no snow" dome that is constantly in effect. I've seen the counties to the east and south of me get buried and we don't even get a cold drizzle.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
I'm up near Chattanooga. We have the "no snow" dome that is constantly in effect. I've seen the counties to the east and south of me get buried and we don't even get a cold drizzle.

Have you got any reliable replacement for the "snow dancing" beagles yet?

All I have is my basic Dog Barometer, today reporting cooler and breezier after breakfast. I don't think they are much good at predicting or "calling up" a snow event for NW Georgia.
DtlXkUaU8AAhT7X.jpg

Last edited:

malak05

Models today have better 850/Surface temps creeping south from late runs yesterday temps still just outside of borderline for all around ATL and west of further NE portions of GA due get in on some wintry action due to CAD/Timing plenty of time remains and questions

How much further if any does the Wintry Precip move SW either due to models undercutting 850 and surface temps for parts of I-20 north or actually CAD strength against any Warm Air Advection from running SE. Seems like more traditional battle this time of year particulary with temps compared to last years event

Status
Not open for further replies.