Heated Jackets to Stay Warm After Chemo. Maybe Milwaukee Brand?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Since I went thru the chemo/radiation treatments last year, I am having trouble regulating my temperature. Sitting in a tree stand on chilly days are hard, and if it is windy, I find it impossible. I am thinking that a heated jacket might make it to where I can sit in a stand again.

Has anyone had any experience with these battery heated jackets? I am looking at the Milwaukee 202b-21XL M12 powered jackets, but don't know if they are worth the price.

BTW, even on milder mornings, I am wearing blue jeans, sweat shirt, tee shirt, and my insulated outfit. That was always enough even for chilly days before this year and after the chemo. My feet are cold constantly also. I might have to find some heated socks too.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I can't speak for the electric jacket. But I've always have cold feet issues. Last year I purchased some alpaka wool socks off Amazon, surprisingly cheap, and I got some sock liners, which are pretty much like thin black dress socks. That has helped my feet alot. Also you could get the therma care heat straps, it's pretty much a massive hot hands for your back. Wrap it around your kidneys and should help keep your blood warm

georgia_home

I like one piece suits, with a good few layers underneath, that resist wind. The one piece keeps the wind out. And go a size bigger and up in thickness. Something you'd think more suitable for Alaska instead of georgia. That'll give more room for base layers and more insulation. You can adjust base layers under the suit as you see fit.

Never tried the electric heater or socks, but the hot hand things help. Put it in a shirt pocket after you get to your stand, right over your chest. That's helped me on those days where it's been cold enough to have An ice coated moustache all day.

Same for boots, if in stand, boots that allow extra set of socks and a hot back between the inner and outer pair of socks. Have a pair of boots with 1"thick felt liners. Not much good for hiking, but a couple hundred yards to a stand, and cold northern days were never an issue, down to zero.

shdw633

I have neuropathy in the feet due to diabetes and my feet can't handle the cold avery well either. I went to larger insulated boots that are a size larger then my feet and then put on wool socks. I also threw some toe warmers on the top of the socks over the toes and that seemed to do the trick even in Illinois, in the snow and 19 degrees outside. I am considering the Thermacell insole warmers but I wish they had better reviews. I have tried heated socks but hated walking in them. Hope someone chimes in about the jacket because I am looking at a heated vest right now for next year and would to know if anyone has had success with them. Good luck!!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I hate cancer. I'm glad you are still with us and hope you got it beat. Good luck on finding a heated jacket.

thank you Mr Linton. God has been gracious to me, no doubt.

I wouldn't wish this stuff on my worst enemy.

tbrown913

I had a friend who bought a Milwaukee heated jacket about 4 years ago and he hated it. Said it was the worst money he ever spent. I have no personal experience with them.

See if you can find Columbia thermals with the reflective lining. It looks almost like aluminum foil, but it's some kind of silver fabric on the inside. Comfy warm and really thin. I have these and in sub freezing temps I also wear ecws thermals from bass pro.

I got some thermacell rechargable heated insoles this year. They are worth their weight in gold, like the regular thermacell for mosquitoes is. Hunted a 34 degree morning with my rubber boots and a regular pair of socks. Turned on the insoles once in the stand and my toes never got cold. I will always keep a pair now!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Pappy, I can't help with the jacket but the cold feet can be cured with a pair of Boot Blankets designed to slip over your boots when in the stand. They are bulky but will absolutely fix cold feet.

I drop a hand warmer into each one when I leave the house, camp, or truck. When I get in the stand, I take my boots completely off and put my feet in the boot blankets. Nothing but warm.

KDarsey

I have this in the vest model. I have had it for 5 or 6 years at least. It still works (the battery does too) and it keeps me pretty warm on my motorcycle rides when I am not smart enough to stay home.
It has several heat settings & on high it will last 3-4 hours. On low I can go probably 7-8 hours. It comes with 1 battery & a house charger. Car chargers & extra batteries are available. I have been real happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Warmi...ocphy=1015254&hvtargid=pla-568563734106&psc=1

Beagler

I’ve had the Milwaukee jacket for about 3 year’s.(my daughter bought it for me) it’s has 3 heat settings, and does a good job. The pockets heat up also with the seperate setting. I’m still using the same battery. Like someone else said on hi it lasts 3 to 4 hours. You can also charge a cell phone off the battery.

Dub

Glad you are through the chemo & radiation and are now out there hunting !!!!!

I recently ran across a thread where the poster was saying they'd had great relief from Thermacell boot warmers. He said they were rechargeable and have a remote control clicker you can use to cut them on/off. He said he was getting all day hunts out of them.

I couldn't find them on Thermacell's webpage, but did on the Cabela's webpage. Makes me wonder if the product is actually manufactured by someone else. Not sure how the warranty works for them, either, but Cabelas is usually really good.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/ThermaCELL-Heated-Insoles/1357731.uts

I've never used them but like the advertised ability to cut 'em on/off as desired.

Sorry to be of such little assistance....just passing along something I'd heard about and wanted to say I'm glad to see you kicking cancer down on the ground and stomping a mud-hole in it and walking it dry !!!!

Well done, sir.

Buck70

Years ago, I bought a heater vest from Sportsman Guide. The thing worked great. It had a D cell battery pouch you attached to your belt and plugged in to the vest. I used it in Western Alabama during the January rut. It kept me warm. I accidentally left it at the camp and I never returned to that club.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Pappy, I can't help with the jacket but the cold feet can be cured with a pair of Boot Blankets designed to slip over your boots when in the stand. They are bulky but will absolutely fix cold feet.

I drop a hand warmer into each one when I leave the house, camp, or truck. When I get in the stand, I take my boots completely off and put my feet in the boot blankets. Nothing but warm.

I will check these out. I need something to help my poor ole feets.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I have this in the vest model. I have had it for 5 or 6 years at least. It still works (the battery does too) and it keeps me pretty warm on my motorcycle rides when I am not smart enough to stay home.
It has several heat settings & on high it will last 3-4 hours. On low I can go probably 7-8 hours. It comes with 1 battery & a house charger. Car chargers & extra batteries are available. I have been real happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Warmi...ocphy=1015254&hvtargid=pla-568563734106&psc=1
that one is a whole lot less than the Milwaukee stuff too. I will check it out some more. Thanks

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

I recently ran across a thread where the poster was saying they'd had great relief from Thermacell boot warmers. He said they were rechargeable and have a remote control clicker you can use to cut them on/off. He said he was getting all day hunts out of them.

I couldn't find them on Thermacell's webpage, but did on the Cabela's webpage. Makes me wonder if the product is actually manufactured by someone else. Not sure how the warranty works for them, either, but Cabelas is usually really good.

I've never used them but like the advertised ability to cut 'em on/off as desired.

Sorry to be of such little assistance....just passing along something I'd heard about and wanted to say I'm glad to see you kicking cancer down on the ground and stomping a mud-hole in it and walking it dry !!!!

Well done, sir.

Thanks Dub. I finished the chemo in April, but still have some good days and bad days. I still like to hunt, but spending time with my youngest son is really important to me too. And I have some grandsons getting to the age they want to hunt. I took Samuel once this year. He is 7 now.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Years ago, I bought a heater vest from Sportsman Guide. The thing worked great. It had a D cell battery pouch you attached to your belt and plugged in to the vest. I used it in Western Alabama during the January rut. It kept me warm. I accidentally left it at the camp and I never returned to that club.
Man, I bet you hate leaving that vest in Alabama.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

I wonder if the batteries are heavy, or if they tend to fall down while you are walking around with them. I like being able to cut them off and on too

Reactions: Dub

shdw633

Well done, sir.

Those are the old style, they have come out with a newer model so to speak and you can get them for about $80 to $95 on Ebay and some come with an extra set of batteries and chargers.