Stalking A Big Hog

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
While out scouting an area I like to deer hunt, I spotted this big hog up a grassy road and decided to see how close I could get. I had already stalked him a good distance before I started recording the video. As I got within a few feet of him, I quickly realized I didn't want to get much closer. :bounce: He was a fat, healthy joker.

Woods are full of water after the recent heavy rains.

Video shot with an iPad Pro.

You may want to click the full screen icon in the lower right corner of video to see it better.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Were you walking on water as you were stalking this hog??? You were surely quiet in the process. It looks like this hog only had rooting and eating on its mind.

I'm afraid that I would have pulled the trigger and then called my buddies to come get some free BBQ meat !!!

Silver Britches

Very Cool !
Thanks, bud.
Were you walking on water as you were stalking this hog??? You were surely quiet in the process. It looks like this hog only had rooting and eating on its mind.

I'm afraid that I would have pulled the trigger and then called my buddies to come get some free BBQ meat !!!
Yes, sir. I was easing through water for a good distance. That's why I didn't start filming right away. Wasn't sure how deep it was at first, but it wasn't deep. Just a little above the ankles. The water is coming across a large section of the road that is lower. Swamps are full too and will most likely rise even more. You can't hear it on the video, but he was smacking his tail off when he was rooting around. That's what made me laugh.

wvdawg

Staff member
That is awesome! You got really close!

pdsniper

Wow you got really close I was beginning to wonder if you were going to stop for safety they can be dangerous, I killed a monster a few weeks ago on my friends farm in Tyrone GA it was my first kill with my new thermal scope was not expecting a bore that big to be in that area and I was actually shocked when he told me he had wild hogs tearing up his place in Tyrone,this is my Buddy Jt with the Bore jt hog.JPG

Last edited:

Silver Britches

Wow you got really close I was beginning to wonder if you were going to stop for safety they can be dangerous, I killed a monster a few weeks ago on my friends farm in Tyrone GA it was my first kill with my new thermal scope was not expecting a bore that big to be in that area and I was actually shocked when he told me he had wild hogs tearing up his place in Tyrone,this is my Buddy Jt with the Bore
Yes, sir. That's a good one in your photo. The one in my video is big, but there are much bigger ones around. In fact, there are way too many hogs down my way, here in southeastern Georgia. I am a die-hard deer hunter, and really hate having hogs around. But, the places I like to hunt, are also the type of places a hog likes. They just eat up so much deer food, and are constantly spooking deer off. They're always running through the woods, making all kinds of racket, grunting and squealing. They're also destroying the roads and woods with all the rooting. Some areas look like they have been bombed. Holes all over the place. :bounce:

Great stalk and video you put on that pig! Kept waiting for the BOOM! Nicely done!
As much as I hate a hog, I rarely bother them. I've killed many over the years, I just don't like fooling with them. I probably haven't killed a hog in over 15 years. But, my trigger finger has been itching pretty bad lately, so they better keep away. My patience is wearing dangerously thin! :bounce:

Silent stalking.

Great job !!!

Thanks, bud!

Thanks for the comments everyone. :cheers:

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Yes, sir. That's a good one in your photo. The one in my video is big, but there are much bigger ones around. In fact, there are way too many hogs down my way, here in southeastern Georgia. I am a die-hard deer hunter, and really hate having hogs around. But, the places I like to hunt, are also the type of places a hog likes. They just eat up so much deer food, and are constantly spooking deer off. They're always running through the woods, making all kinds of racket, grunting and squealing. They're also destroying the roads and woods with all the rooting. Some areas look like they have been bombed. Holes all over the place. :bounce:

As much as I hate a hog, I rarely bother them. I've killed many over the years, I just don't like fooling with them. I probably haven't killed a hog in over 15 years. But, my trigger finger has been itching pretty bad lately, so they better keep away. My patience is wearing dangerously thin! :bounce:

Thanks, bud!

Thanks for the comments everyone. :cheers:

I think it's safe to say we share about the same opinion of hogs.

I"m glad there's folks that like to choot'em and hunt 'em hard. More power to them.

Had a buddy this year madder than heck over what the hogs did to his nice tripod feeder. They tore that thing up like it owed the money.

He may have been able to save the spreader and knocked the dents outa the bucket....but they tore it up good.

Silver Britches

I think it's safe to say we share about the same opinion of hogs.

I"m glad there's folks that like to choot'em and hunt 'em hard. More power to them.

Had a buddy this year madder than heck over what the hogs did to his nice tripod feeder. They tore that thing up like it owed the money.

He may have been able to save the spreader and knocked the dents outa the bucket....but they tore it up good.
They sure will destroy a feeder and a food plot. In the past, I've worked my tail off planting food plots, only to have a bunch of dang hogs destroy it over night. Usually when that would happened, I would took care of them suckers the next few days. I used to work on their behinds years ago. If it squealed, it was killed! :bounce: No, sir. I can't stand a dang hog!

Silver Britches

I'm about to head out the door now, and go harass a few of them. :bounce: I'll try and get some more video and pics, that is if the rain holds off. I'll report back later, hopefully with something interesting.

Silver Britches

No hog pics today, but I spooked several off as I was walking through. They sounded like a herd of elephants running off through the water.

I bet many a hog have scratched their sides on this pine tree. Look at those tusk marks on it.

IMG_1086 small.JPG

rip18

Very cool!

I decided to sneak up on one once & catch him like we used to do on the farm. Once I got within 10 feet of that bruiser, I decided that was NOT the big to start with after not having done it for far too long & not having any backup!