From the treetops to the stovetop

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
My little buddy got him a bb gun for Christmas so we set out to bring home some bacon.

45707779325_851367bf22_h.jpg

45898107404_05723c990d_h.jpg

Fried it up and made some gravy while the missus made biscuits.

31680981617_bf811d19b4_h.jpg

31680981597_8855d6c293_h.jpg

I don't know what the president is eating up at the Whitehouse tonight, but I bet it ain't no better than what we ate here.

31680981917_61f42c0c4c_h.jpg

Duff

My goodness!!! Looks awesome!!

Congrats to that fine looking young hunter. I bet he ate it up, knowing he put it on the table!

ryork

Brother that's awesome!!! Hadn't had squirrel in a decade or more. Can remember my grandmother making squirrel dumplings. Can taste it like it was yesterday. Congrats to you and the little man!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yes sir, that will do there, for sure! It's been way too long since I had a mess of that!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great pictures, little man is a good shot to ?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Congrats to that young hunter and you for bringing him up right!!!!!!!

Now that grub,,,,, Wow! that looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That boy is growing like a weed, too! Last time I saw him, your wife was still totin' him, he hadn't gone bipedal yet.

Hillbilly stalker

Boy that's great stuff. I would print and frame that first picture , he will appreciate it later on in life. Its great to see people out with the kids teaching them to hunt. What seems so insignificant to us as adults, really sticks with them and they take notice. He can look back at that picture 50 years from now and grin ear to ear. In these days of cell phones, we snap pictures of everything, but all it takes is a lost phone, wet or destroyed phone or mash the wrong button to loose it all. The some fine pictures and good on you for taking him and making memories. Good looking supper too !

whitetailfreak

Won't be long till you're dragging his deer out of the woods by the looks of things. Fine lookin' young en' you got there Wes. That is some good eatin', I've been telling my wife that I want a big pot of squirrel dumplin's. I've gotta get my tail out of the deer woods and go kill a mess.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
That boy is growing like a weed, too! Last time I saw him, your wife was still totin' him, he hadn't gone bipedal yet.

All he does is eat. It makes me wonder what the grocery bill will look like in 10 years.

Great pictures, little man is a good shot to ?

Well, his daddy is a renowned marksman, so it's only natural.

Triple C

Mercy me! Hunting squirrel is how it all started with me. And my mother would do just what you did there. Haven't had a plate of that in prolly 40 or 45 years. Looks righteous!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
For those of you that say it's been a long time since you ate squirrel, what's keeping you? Have we all got so caught up in big game that we've neglected the small game species? They're easy to kill, easy to clean, and easy to cook. You don't need a dog or an expensive rifle. And it's a whole lot of fun going after them.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
:clap::clap::clap:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
For those of you that say it's been a long time since you ate squirrel, what's keeping you? Have we all got so caught up in big game that we've neglected the small game species? They're easy to kill, easy to clean, and easy to cook. You don't need a dog or an expensive rifle. And it's a whole lot of fun going after them.

It has been a long time but I think you just got me in the mood. I think I'm going to grab my 22 this weekend and if nothing is happening on the last weekend of deer season I'll pursue some tree rats instead.