TBG Dates for Chickasawhatchee hunt

dutchman

Have not booked but am planning on camping. There are gonna be several of us in the campground based on the response of people I've spoken with.

UPDATE: Campsite is reserved. Go ahead and make your reservation now if you intend to camp...it took the lady a few minutes to find me one and if that's any indication of how full they already are, sites may be getting scarce...

Last edited:

chrisharper

Have not booked but am planning on camping. There are gonna be several of us in the campground based on the response of people I've spoken with.

UPDATE: Campsite is reserved. Go ahead and make your reservation now if you intend to camp...it took the lady a few minutes to find me one and if that's any indication of how full they already are, sites may be getting scarce...

The sites are generally big enough for 3-4 tents at least, with some sites being larger towards the front of the campground. If you know someone that has already reserved and is willing to share a site, it’s only $2/night per extra tent.

chrisharper

Primitive has always been no reservations. Has that changed?
They have a certain amount of primitive “lots” that they will reserve/rent if available on arrival. So if they’re all reserved up, you gotta know someone that’s camping primitive and you can just pay $2/night to share the lot with them.

To answer your question, they’ve been reserving them since I started going when we went that first time.

dutchman

They have a certain amount of primitive “lots” that they will reserve/rent if available on arrival. So if they’re all reserved up, you gotta know someone that’s camping primitive and you can just pay $2/night to share the lot with them.

To answer your question, they’ve been reserving them since I started going when we went that first time.

$2/per night?

If I have paid the full rate for a site, I don't much believe I'd settle for just $2/night if somebody wanted to stay in my site...they'd pay half of the full rate to me...just saying.

Clipper

OK. I have registered and printed my permit, reprinted my hunter safety card, and read the SOP. I guess I should also print the maps and download to my smart phone. I am confused as to whether I need a harvest card for feral hogs. Is that something I pickup when I get there? Anything else I haven't done that will keep me from hunting? I'm waiting for the campground to see if they have an available campsite.

Buck E.

OK. I have registered and printed my permit, reprinted my hunter safety card, and read the SOP. I guess I should also print the maps and download to my smart phone. I am confused as to whether I need a harvest card for feral hogs. Is that something I pickup when I get there? Anything else I haven't done that will keep me from hunting? I'm waiting for the campground to see if they have an available campsite.
No harvest card need for pigs. You are allowed 2 tents per site. You can ask someone you know camping if you could be their second tent. Its only a $2 a day fee.

Clipper

No harvest card need for pigs. You are allowed 2 tents per site. You can ask someone you know camping if you could be their second tent. Its only a $2 a day fee.
Thanks, I went ahead and reserved a campsite.

Barebowyer

BUMP.....not a single story...geez...really wish I would have made the camp now...

dutchman

A few photos is about all I can offer...

Attachments

• IMG_3607.JPG
    IMG_3607.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3606.JPG
    IMG_3606.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 17

Barebowyer

I appreciate it. I seen the story in the newsletter finally.