New Hunting Boot Suggestions

Bottomtime

Another vote for Danner. I wear the Sharptails and love them.

The LL Bean Boots are good, but no longer have the lifetime warranty. 1 year from purchase now. Although they last a long time, I never found them to be as comfortable as the Danners or Irish Setter boots I have had.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THIS ENTIRE POST AS YOU WILL GLAD THAT YOU DID BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET A REALLY NICE PAIR OF DANNER
BOOTS.

FREE PAIR TO GIVE AWAY BELOW !!!!!!

UPDATED ON 1/14/2019 AT 5:30 PM. THE RECIPIENT RECEIVED THESE BOOTS TODAY AND THEY FIT PERFECTLY !!!!!!!! I'M GLAD THAT IT WORKED OUT PERFECTLY !!!!!

For probably close to 40-45 years, I always wore Herman Survivor boots that were waterproof and they were really built well and comfortable. Even way back then, these boots cost about $100-$120 a pair but were worth it. I think that I bought 3-4 pair all together and when one of them began to wear out, I took another pair out of the box and began using them. Ultimately, it got where they were no longer available like the originals after Walmart bought out the original Company and then moved all of their production to CHINA and they became more like cheap rubber boots instead.

I became just lost trying to decide on another style boot. The fact is.......Even today, I am still currently wearing the last pair of the Herman Survivors that must be at least 25-30 years old now and they are just about completely worn out now.

A few years ago, I read here on GON about so many people that loved their DANNER BOOTS and they had wonderful results with them.

Well, I previously purchased a pair of Danner Pronghorns Style 42301, Terra Force, Classic Leather Toe and Heel, 8" high, Size 11, Width: EEE

They are a really great looking Boot and they really do look great as they are sitting in the original box with the original receipt from Cabelas. (YES, THEY STILL LOOK TOTALLY BRAND NEW IN THE BOX).

THE REAL PROBLEM IS THE FACT THAT CABELAS WAS GOING TO HAVE A ONE-DAY 1/2 PRICE SALE SO I WENT BY THERE AND TRIED ON THIS PAIR AND HAD ON MUCH THINNER SOCKS THAN WHAT I WOULD NORMAL USE TO HUNT WITH. THEY FIT WELL.....SO THE NEXT DAY WHICH WAS THIS SALE DATE, I WENT BACK AND BOUGHT THE SAME PAIR THAT I HAD TRIED ON THE DAY BEFORE BECAUSE I MARKED THAT BOX SO THAT I COULD EASILY FIND IT AGAIN THAT MORNING.

The original price for this boot ON JUNE 7, 2014 was $189.99 and I paid exactly $102.59 including taxes for them. Back in the fall of 2014 when I was going to go hunting, I put these boots on and wore them on one deer hunting trip up in the country. They were just too tight with the heavier socks involved and honestly, I should have gotten a size 11-1/2 instead. I will say that these boots are the very warmest boots that I have ever worn and they are beautiful as well. I did wear them inside of my house one other time to see if I could get used to them BUT again, they are just too small for my foot.

They have been sitting in the box for the past few years now as I just didn't hunt very much because I spent so much time in Texas with my late girlfriend in her ongoing battle with breast cancer. Even though I have always loved to deer hunt, my girlfriend easily put my mind into a different mind-set where I knew that I needed to be with her and do my best to care for her instead. I spent weeks and even months in Texas over these past years trying my best to help her in any way possible. Ultimately, she passed away in January of 2017 and the fact is that I haven't been the same since. I really didn't hunt but a couple of times in 2016 and not any in 2017. I really had wanted to hunt more in 2018 but still I only hunted a few times this past season because my season was cut short due to an accident back on December 6th that ultimately left me with a fractured foot and also another torn medial Meniscus again.

With all of this said, I knew when I bought these boots that Cabelas had a one year warranty BUT I didn't respond to that fact. Ultimately, I just more or less FORGOT that I had a pair of boots that if someone else could use this size etc, I will ship you these boots (AT NO COST TO YOU) and you take them and wear them and hopefully enjoy them. All I ask of you is that if you do like them, USE THEM and just please make a $25 donation to your local Salvation Army Christmas Bell-Ringer Drive next fall as that is just one of the many charities that I do participate in. This would be an excellent deal to you and also a good deal for the Charity involved.

I REALLY DO HOPE THAT ONE OF YOU CAN ENJOY THESE BOOTS AND GIVE THEM A GOOD HOME AND ULTIMATELY ADD SOME GOOD HUNTING MEMORIES WHILE WEARING THEM.

PLEASE SEND ME A P/M IF YOU CAN USE THESE BOOTS AND HOPEFULLY, IN THE FUTURE, YOU MIGHT OFFER MORE DETAILS OF YOU WEARING THEM WHEN TAKING A REALLY NICE BUCK OF SORTS. IF YOU WILL SEND ME A P/M, I WILL RESPOND ACCORDINGLY TO THE FIRST MESSAGE ETC AND I WILL ALSO RESPOND TO EACH P/M AS I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE ANYONE JUST HANGING AND NOT KNOWING.

Thank You.

SEE THE ACTUAL PHOTO BELOW.

DANNER BOOTS     1-9-2019 003.JPG

Last edited:

glynr329

I bought a pair of boots at Walmart that I work in evertime I go to the property. I bought them 3 or 4 years ago put them through a lot. I will put them on this weekend to plant trees have 100 to plant. I will put them on the next time also. I said all that to say this. In the past I only bought Rocky boots but the last 2 pair the sole either came off or turned to like sponge. They were hunting boots only never wore except when I walked in the woods hunting. They didn't last long at all. That is why I will never buy another pair. Called them they were like okay. So I said okay.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I bought a pair of Camo Herman Survivor boots at Walmart 22 years ago on close out for $35 dollars. Never had wet feet and never got cold feet for 20 years. Very light weight. I bought my best friend a pair too. Two years ago the soles just fell off. Went to Walmart and bought Two more pairs on closeout for $35 each. My best friend died so I gave his pair to another friend.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I like LL Bean Maine Hunting Boots, with Icelandic Merino wool heavyweight socks.

Light, very comfortable, and warm.

Stroker

Wolverine makes a good hunting boot, mine are 3-4 years old and still keep my feet warm, dry, and are very comfortable. I'll by another pair after these make the transition from hunting to work boots. BPS puts them on sell couple of times a year for less than $150.