Doubt

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
That argument is always made for all gods, figures of folklore, and people.

Only one of those three actually are proven to exist and actually are applicable to that type of argument.
Understood. It’s hard not to argue it, but I’m not convinced it’s a legitimate one to have.

I’ve often wondered that if there are people that will ultimately hear “I never knew you”, why should we find it strange that there are some saying there’s nothing there because they’re not getting anything back from God?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Understood. It’s hard not to argue it, but I’m not convinced it’s a legitimate one to have.

I’ve often wondered that if there are people that will ultimately hear “I never knew you”, why should we find it strange that there are some saying there’s nothing there because they’re not getting anything back from God?
I think it is possible that some may hear "I never knew you".
I think that the possibility exists that we all could hear "I know each and every one of you, but you all thought, believed and worshipped incorrectly, and now you pay".
It stands to reason then a possibility exists that we all have it wrong and may be judged by our lifetime of actions.
I believe more than all the others above that All will hear nothing from anyone or anything.

WaltL1

While I understand the argument........I don’t know if it’s really an argument.

How do we get around those that done works in his name but he says he never knew them?

Technically you’re right, there was no relationship,
but for them, it was. A lot of marriages are that way as well.
When I was a believer I would have told you theres no possible way that you or j_seph could determine that. I would have told you only God could determine that.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
When I was a believer I would have told you theres no possible way that you or j_seph could determine that. I would have told you only God could determine that.
And I would agree with you 100%. There are fruits of the spirit and you know a tree by the fruit it bears, but still, only God would know for sure. And in the case where he never knew them, I would venture to believe there was no relationship.

That’s one area I’m learning to stay away from.

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
That argument is always made for all gods, figures of folklore, and people.

Only one of those three actually are proven to exist and actually are applicable to that type of argument.

Calvin and Hobbes.
One exists only in the other's mind. In reality its a kid and a stuffed tiger. And at least there actually is a stuffed tiger to show for it.
Always one of my favorites:

calvin and hobbes.jpg

"It take one to know one"

My only agreement in any of this game is that the same thing telling you you are right and telling me I am right is a complete fabrication.

"Sanity is not statistical." George Orwell

Jesus knows the rules of the game. The one who first resorts to thing as support is already lost. Truth is its own support. The next play can only be to resort to thing to remove Him.

Last edited:

Brother David

Bro D, this is the first time in my life I’ve heard a preacher claim credit for converting anybody.
Your humility is overwhelming.
I appreciate your fishing expedition , but there not biting today . If your that carnal I will remain on shore !
But just for a tidbit of info Christ did tell the disciples that I give you the same power that I have .

Brother David

And don't forget, most of the A/As here were believers for longer than we've been A/As.

And Bullet just beat me to that point :rofl:

On a side note, you don't know what humble is until you've been to confession (I was Catholic).
Thanks for making my point that you decided to live by your rules are not God's

ky55

But just for a tidbit of info Christ did tell the disciples that I give you the same power that I have .

And there we have it-
Straight from a self-appointed disciple.

:clap:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And I would agree with you 100%. There are fruits of the spirit and you know a tree by the fruit it bears, but still, only God would know for sure. And in the case where he never knew them, I would venture to believe there was no relationship.

That’s one area I’m learning to stay away from.
Hard to believe a god wouldn't know anything or anyone. Purposely ignore them and not include them yes.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Hard to believe a god wouldn't know anything or anyone. Purposely ignore them and not include them yes.
I guess it’s how you view “never knew” them.

Here, I view the “know / knew” as a relationship, as in Joseph knew her not until........not as the knowing / knowledge of who Mary was.

But I’m open for clarification.

WaltL1

bullethead said:

Here, I view the “know / knew” as a relationship, as in Joseph knew her not until........not as the knowing / knowledge of who Mary was.

I can see/get/understand both of your views on "never knew you" on this one.
Bullet is viewing it as literally "never knew you".
Spot is viewing it as "yeah I know you but talk to the hand".

Brother David

Spotlite as long as you take the bait they will continue to fish .

Brother David

What in the world are you talking about?
Your doubt is a directly related to your eating of fruit . Eve suffered from the same weakness and I to once did . Nobody was going to tell me what or how to live .

Half the battle to recovery is admitting .

WaltL1

Your doubt is a directly related to your eating of fruit . Eve suffered from the same weakness and I to once did . Nobody was going to tell me what or how to live .

Half the battle to recovery is admitting .
Are you on crack rock?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Spotlite as long as you take the bait they will continue to fish .

Who says I’m not doing the fishing?

Do you think it’s too much to ask for to give a few explanations with your post rather than accusations? You can’t come off the wrong way and bulldoze religion on anyone. That’s the fastest way to get a deaf ear. And I know all of the “boldness” scriptures..........and the wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove and meek ones too....

Walt and bullethead asked you some legitimate questions.

Last edited: