Public property ballgame question.

Patriot44

Banned
I've been coaching a very long time at the youth and adult level. Referees and umpires are a dying breed. Years ago you would get a retired man or woman wanted to make a few bucks and really cared about the game, but now they don't bother because of all of the lip that they have to take. People aren't smart enough to realize that MLB, NBA, and NFL have all instituted instant replay because of errors, yet some whining parent thanks they should have eagle eyes in lightning reflexes. I have yet to see a parent stand Up and scream that an umpire missed a call in favor of their team and asking them to correct it

Umpires don't have the ability to force someone to leave a public field. The parks department could possibly ask them to leave. And umpire can certainly sanction the team for the offensive behavior. I have seen them force a forfeit
:bounce: Last summer, we were in a heated State game nearing midnight. My head coach looked at the def ump up and said, "we can't play them and you". He wouldnt resume the game until my friend left the complex. About 10 min after my buddy left, the ump stopped the game because he busted my friend peeking in from outside right field. :rofl:

He still gets ribbed about being kicked out of a game for mouthing off to a def ump. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jim Baker

Staff member
:bounce: Last summer, we were in a heated State game nearing midnight. My head coach looked at the def ump up and said, "we can't play them and you". He wouldnt resume the game until my friend left the complex. About 10 min after my buddy left, the ump stopped the game because he busted my friend peeking in from outside right field. :rofl:

He still gets ribbed about being kicked out of a game for mouthing off to a def ump. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We were playing a tournament softball game and it began to rain in the 5th inning and we need one more out to make it a game. The rain was really hard. So the ump called a rain delay and everyone went to the dugout.

After a few minutes our coach called out to the ump who was in the other dugout. "if you will let us play, you can call the game from the dugout.

Ump shot back with, "I could, you've done it for the first four innings"