Pet peeve

Stang

My truck does not have an override for the headlights. I hate it honestly.

I hate people who yell at their significant other or kid as they are backing the trailer in.

My 2005 F250's headlights will turn off with one click of the E-Brake as well.

Wake surfing is not good for a kayak fisherman......don't think it is good for anything...especially the shore line!

littlejon

Glad to know I'm not alone. Maybe someone should write a book. What would it be named? Another one of mine is when a people don't fish for fun.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Jet Ski, with an idiot on it. We fish the spring Bream beds on Barkley and Kentucky lake. The Beds are almost always in the back of a cove. With literally miles and miles of lake to run their toy, they always have to come into the cove and see how much water they can stir up.

My biggest one is when people are hanging around boat ramps swimming and what not. There will be kids, dogs, meth heads, you name it everywhere and not one single boat in sight. They act like you are the inconvenience not them. And then get mad at you when you run over the flip flops and other stuff they left on the ramp. This is typical on the backwater landings during the summer.

littlejon

Pretty much all of the above boat launch issues. Really irks me when I'm off to the side prepping and then dingle nut drives by me and parks on the ramp spending 10 minutes getting ready.
Dingle nut must have kin folk near me, I have the same issues

RamblinWreck

I hate that guy.

If you ever get board during the summer, head up to lake blue ridge and watch all the inexperienced boaters clogging up the one lane ramp at Lakewood landing. Last summer I watched a guy drag the skeg on his inboard/outboard half way up the ramp. When he finally heard us yelling at him he stopped and tried to back up. His daughters boyfriend didn't know how to trim the Lower unit up. Good times. Wish I could have recorded all the stupidity I've witnessed there.

Coenen

Wake surfing is not good for a kayak fisherman......don't think it is good for anything...especially the shore line!
Exactly the reason for my peeve. There's a guy I see here a lot that gets me hacked off just about every time we cross paths. When it's him and me and wide open lake, I shouldn't be the one that has to paddle away at 2 miles an hour. I darn sure shouldn't be able to ask him if he's setting up to surf with my "inside voice".

Dude bro has a whole herd of horse powers in that stupid wake boat, drive the thing one creek arm over and leave me be!

MikeyD6

Deleted
Guys who drop their wife or girlfriend off on the dock so they can jackknife the trailer 50 times trying to back it in while the guy watches from the boat. Teach your woman how to do it when the ramp isn't busy!

Big7

The Oracle
And people that steal your catfish jugs and take fish off of them.

That's cause for AT LEAST A FIGHT,
MAYBE MORE around here.

Been a few had to buy a set of truck
tires.

Big7

The Oracle
Catfish jugs polluting the water

That's illegal anyway.

Jugs and noodles are SUPPOSED to
be tagged. Name, number, etc..
Just like a trot line. Mr. Greenjeans
catches you jugging without tags he
can make you have a really bad day
if he's in the right mood.

But... Yeah. Polluting a lake with anything
jugs, noodles, beer cans or whatever is wrong.

Especially egregious is breaking
off a hundred feet of line an not
AT LEAST trying to get it. All
kinds of wildlife can get caught
up in that.

howboutthemdawgs

That's illegal anyway.

Jugs and noodles are SUPPOSED to
be tagged. Name, number, etc..
Just like a trot line. Mr. Greenjeans
catches you jugging without tags he
can make you have a really bad day
if he's in the right mood.

But... Yeah. Polluting a lake with anything
jugs, noodles, beer cans or whatever is wrong.

Especially egregious is breaking
off a hundred feet of line an not
AT LEAST trying to get it. All
kinds of wildlife can get caught
up in that.

Yeah I agree. A lot in this thread is illegal. Doesn’t stop the majority of folks it seems.

jigman29

Folks fishing off the dock at the public ramps. It's illegal and they want to get mad when I pull up to the dock in my boat to load up.

Homeowners that think they own the water and try to stop me from fishing at their dock.

Tournament fishermen trying to tell me think they deserve to be able to cut me off cause they are in a tournament.