strange encounter this eve

bilgerat

Senior
I have permission to hunt a old 12 acre home place in south Hall co, I was in the blind this afternoon and a little after 5 I see this young feller wearing one of those liberal knit beanie hats and pushing a wheel barrow coming twards Me. I waited till he got 20 yards from Me and I popped out of the blind and scared the crap out of him. I asked him what he was doing and He said "I'm a artist and I'm collecting junk to make art projects" . I told him he was trespassing on private property and stealing. He mumbled I didn't know>> I told him that I should call the law but Id give him 30 seconds to dump the items in his wheelbarrow and vacate the property. He just dropped the whole wheelbarrow and took off running!! I didn't mean to scare him that bad but I guess he didn't want to mess with a old fat camo-ed up redneck with a gun!!! On the bright side I got a nice wheelbarrow out of it!!:p:D

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Heck yes, congrats on the wheelbarrow. I have an old home place on my property. Once I busted up a "photo shoot" of sorts in an ivy patch.. It involved two dudes in skinny jeans taking pictures, one chick with a shaved head holding lights and an umbrella thing, and a rather plump woman with green hair, lotsa gold jewelry, and tattoos everywhere! Don't ask how I know.. I told them to get the move on in not so polite terms.. There are some real creepers out there..

godogs57

I got a brand new Yeti 65 in almost the same manner three years ago.
Caught a guy trespassing on my hunting property in his truck. I chased him down and he did his best Dukes of Hazzard imitation with his truck (or Daddy's?) as he jumped over a 3 foot dirt berm at my gate making his getaway. In the bed of his truck was the spank brand new Yeti. When the rear wheels hit the berm, the bed of the truck launched the cooler in the air. I let him go at that point as he was on a public road and put the cooler in my truck. $389.99 price tag on the little hang tag, receipt in the cooler.....I hung a note on my fence post telling him if he was man enough to come back and get it, here's my number and please don't hesitate to call either me or the Sheriff's department. For some reason I never got that call.

Last edited:

sleepr71

Hope he don’t come back & steal your blind(as revenge). If he lives nearby...I imagine he’ll be back?

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I agree that there are some weird, dumb and crazy idiots running loose.

Maybe you need to consider putting up a sign that has the following information on it. I remember seeing a sign with these words on it way back 20-25 years ago. The old man owned his old homeplace and it was in a state of dang near falling apart. He had painted a message on a big piece of tin and nailed it in place for all to see.

Everybody in the neighborhood already knew that this old man had a few screws loose and was capable of doing whatever was necessary to take care of his things so we just respected him and left him alone as such.

However, from time to time, there were some idiots that didn't live in this area that wanted to pilfer anything that they could find from his property and those old buildings etc.

From time to time, we would hear a shotgun blast but the neighbors never heard anybody scream !!!!!

WARNING !!!!!!     1-12-2019 001.JPG

dick7.62

I agree that there are some weird, dumb and crazy idiots running loose.

Maybe you need to consider putting up a sign that has the following information on it. I remember seeing a sign with these words on it way back 20-25 years ago. The old man owned his old homeplace and it was in a state of dang near falling apart. He had painted a message on a big piece of tin and nailed it in place for all to see.

Everybody in the neighborhood already knew that this old man had a few screws loose and was capable of doing whatever was necessary to take care of his things so we just respected him and left him alone as such.

However, from time to time, there were some idiots that didn't live in this area that wanted to pilfer anything that they could find from his property and those old buildings etc.

From time to time, we would hear a shotgun blast but the neighbors never heard anybody scream !!!!!

View attachment 955634
I need to make me some of those signs.

7Mag Hunter

ran into several homeless people seemingly living in WMA campgrounds this year....mostly harmless but 1 encounter was strange, as young fellow had several deer/coon/possum skulls in his hands and wanted to sell "alien skulls" !!!! claimed "they" were all over the hills on the WMA??

u have to be on your guard these days, as drugs have caused folks to go completely off tilt !!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

sb1010

ran into several homeless people seemingly living in WMA campgrounds this year....mostly harmless but 1 encounter was strange, as young fellow had several deer/coon/possum skulls in his hands and wanted to sell "alien skulls" !!!! claimed "they" were all over the hills on the WMA??

u have to be on your guard these days, as drugs have caused folks to go completely off tilt !!!!

I have wondered how often homeless people stay on a WMA

Worley

Dang fellas...Isn’t there a better way to confront a kid, come on men.

You want to see derelicts in the outdoors. There is a homeless camp at the Ogeechee River landing at hwy 119 in Effingham. Been that way for years. Drug use, prostitution, child abuse, murder all right there at the boat ramp. I don't know how it ends. How do we manage public land when it become a refuge for addicts and criminals?

Last edited:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
You want to see derelicts in the outdoors. There is a homeless camp at the Ogeechee River landing at hwy 119 in Effingham. Been that way for years. Drug use, prostitution, child abuse, murder all right there at the boat ramp. I don't know how it ends. How do we manage public land when it become a refuge for addicts and criminals?

What you stated above exactly mirrors what I hear frequently from others in that area.

The good news is the fact that I don't spend ANY time in Effingham County......except driving through on I-16 occasionally. However, I have lots of friends in the Statesboro area (including my Daughter and Son-in-Law in Statesboro) and for several years now, they refer to Effingham as METHINGHAM because of the abundance of drugs and other severe types of crime involved there.

I know that my Daughter and Son-in-law try their best to NOT spend much time there because of the drugs and murders such as you have described.

bany

I just put 2&2 together I think. We have a bunch of bodies wondering around Cumming and you’ll see them just walk into the wood lots.
The other night my brother sees 15-20 deer in a downtown lot, where I’d guess the bodies have been promised arrest or worse!
So the deer are experiencing vagrant pressure!?

DSGB

Most WMA campsites have a limit to the number of consecutive days that you can stay.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very few. Too far from town. Most of them around here camp in little patches of woods in town so that they can spend all evening bugging the crap out of people trying to bum money.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was way back in the mountains a few years ago trout fishing a little creek. I came around a bend, and there was this hipster feller laying stretched out on a rock in the creek in his drawers and this other man-bun feller was taking pictures of him with a big fancy camera. He even had one of those reflector thingies set up on a tripod to shine light on the underdrawers feller. They looked pretty embarrassed when they finally saw me.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I was way back in the mountains a few years ago trout fishing a little creek. I came around a bend, and there was this hipster feller laying stretched out on a rock in the creek in his drawers and this other man-bun feller was taking pictures of him with a big fancy camera. He even had one of those reflector thingies set up on a tripod to shine light on the underdrawers feller. They looked pretty embarrassed when they finally saw me.
The gotta sell them high dollar undies somehow. lol