Core area returns

1982ace

Saying a buck on your property that was living there all summer and seemingly disappeared right before the rut and made it through the season, what are the chances he returns to his core area?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
He left his house and went to the Singles Bar , It just closed..He's headed back home where he feels safe and plenty of food.

This. ^ It was a heck of a party but he's glad to see the lights of home.

spencer12

Saying a buck on your property that was living there all summer and seemingly disappeared right before the rut and made it through the season, what are the chances he returns to his core area?
I had one that left in mid October and came back in January for 3 straight years. He never made it back one year.

wyldwulf

I have several on our place that hit feeders and mineral licks all summer. Velvet sheds and within a month, most are gone. Small area, and not enough room for 4-5 rutting bucks really. 1-2 hang around, the rest disperse. Every year come January I say the same thing...well the big 10 or Split G-2 buck didn't make it...and of course within a couple weeks most everyone is back home. Frustrating, but good to see them again!