Osage Orange Trumpet - SOUND FILE ADDED

gregg

I built this Osage Orange trumpet yesterday, turned out the blank was hiding some pretty cool grain. Osage trumpets always seem to sound and play outstanding, one of my favorites for sure.

Here is a one-off sound file I recorded in the woods, it is full of distractions as my dog was involved(you will hear him....lol) and I got a text in the middle of it as well. I am approx 30 yards away facing away from the phone recorder so it is low volume. The first half of the recording is the Aussie Blackwood trumpet and the second half is my Osage Orange trumpet. I would be curious to see what you guys think.

https://soundcloud.com/user480895638%2Faussie-black-osage%2Fs-arGa4
eKYjgyn.jpg

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I wish I had the skills to to that. I have twenty billets of Osage to make bows out of but I done got to old and wore out to fool with them. Love me some Osage and black walnut.

gregg

I wish I had the skills to to that. I have twenty billets of Osage to make bows out of but I done got to old and wore out to fool with them. Love me some Osage and black walnut.
Thanks.....I built custom acoustic guitars for years before messing with trumpets, I am sure you could do it too. I love Black Walnut too, used it a bunch in the scratch boxes I make. Osage is a great trumpet wood, turns easy and sounds turkey.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
No power tools. Built my self bows with hand tools.