Spouse Smoking

NOYDB

BANNED
Not wrong.

Smoker goes to emergency room. Is told to wait 90 days before they can be operated on.... Sure.

Didn't do those operations X number of years ago because smoking was more prevelent then.

Need a surgeon that doesn't operate off magazine articles. Or the latest tabloid studies.

Dub

Why you say that. You rember seeing one like it?.

Yup.

It came up before....similar circumstances....they made up and made peace, if I remember correctly. Now it's back....predictable, I'm afraid.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
When I married my wife and said my vows I meant them! If you are not going to live up to your vows don’t get married!
It’s that simple!
You and your wife need to sit and talk about your vows and see who really meant them!
If your wife meant her vows she should want to spend as much time as she could with you and be by your side always! That means making a compromise on this situation.
I would try counseling and I would also try other surgeons and get 2nd opinions!
5 yrs of marriage is not a issue when it comes to vows or someone you vowed to spend the rest of your life with.
Prayer heals everything but prayer also gives the willingness to find solutions to your problems you just have to work at it.
Marriage is no picnic and you will go thru hard times but if 2 not 1 people love each other you should be able to work thru this!

Prayers to you and your wife!

Rackmaster

Advice to all who want to get married....

Marriage is:
AS IS NO WARRANTY

Marriage is NOT 36,000 miles when the warranty runs out you trade in for a new one!

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not wrong.

Smoker goes to emergency room. Is told to wait 90 days before they can be operated on.... Sure.

Didn't do those operations X number of years ago because smoking was more prevelent then.

Need a surgeon that doesn't operate off magazine articles. Or the latest tabloid studies.
Yep, back when I was growing up, I honestly didn't know but a handful of folks who didn't smoke, back before it became the social demon that it is now. People had operations then just like they do now, and the doctor would come in the hospital room and have a cigarette with you after the surgery. Everybody in the hospital was smoking. Doctors, nurses, patients, visitors.

I think most younger folks who grew up after the great demonization of smoking have absolutely no idea how it used to be. It was considered odd not to smoke, and the few folks who didn't smoke had a big ashtray on their coffee table for company to use. People could and did smoke in restaurants, airplanes, hospitals, doctor's waiting rooms, courtrooms, pretty much everywhere you went. Not just a few people, pretty much everybody. The news anchor on tv was smoking. About the only place you didn't see folks light up was in church, but they were smoking on the porch. It's a wonder any of us survived a lifetime of exposure to something that will now supposedly kill you from breathing one puff of second-hand smoke from someone 200 feet away outside. :)

Last edited:

Rackmaster

Yep, back when I was growing up, I honestly didn't know but a handful of folks who didn't smoke, back before it became the social demon that it is now. People had operations then just like they do now, and the doctor would come in the hospital room and have a cigarette with you after the surgery. Everybody in the hospital was smoking. Doctors, nurses, patients, visitors.

I think most younger folks who grew up after the great demonization of smoking have absolutely no idea how it used to be. It was considered odd not to smoke, and the few folks who didn't smoke had a big ashtray on their coffee table for company to use. People could and did smoke in restaurants, airplanes, hospitals, doctor's waiting rooms, courtrooms, pretty much everywhere you went. Not just a few people, pretty much everybody. The news anchor on tv was smoking. About the only place you didn't see folks light up was in church, but they were smoking on the porch. It's a wonder any of us survived a lifetime of exposure to something that will now supposedly kill you from breathing one puff of second-hand smoke from someone 200 feet away outside. :)
Ironic I know people who smoked all their life and live to be 80-90, but I also know people that have never smoked and die 50-70!

sinclair1

Never could figure why they demonize it over a piddly 600,000 lung cancer deaths per year. Uncle jimmy smoked six packs and lived to 92.facepalm: Smoking is super cool and you smell awesome too.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It pretty routine for crews back before the ban to shed uniforms in the garage and head straight to the shower after a day of being in a sealed sardine can filled with smoke.

sinclair1

Those oxygen tanks are a good place for a GON sticker in the front of your fatcycle you ride at walmarks.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Call me old fashion, if you put as much effort into being the head of your home as you seem to do spreading your personal business about social media you may fair better.

Stroker

Advice to all who want to get married....

Marriage is:
AS IS NO WARRANTY

Marriage is NOT 36,000 miles when the warranty runs out you trade in for a new one!

I look at it like buying a car or truck for either party, if it starts giving you lots of trouble and is a lemon, or to expensive to fix, or beyond repair, its time to trade for a new or different model.

Rackmaster

I look at it like buying a car or truck for either party, if it starts giving you lots of trouble and is a lemon, or to expensive to fix, or beyond repair, its time to trade for a new or different model.
That’s why you test drive for awhile!:rofl::rofl::rofl: