The fool.

WaltL1

For you it will be.
Hopefully they will formally introduce themselves because Im not going to just pick one out of the ~3000 or so gods man has claimed to exist.
But you had a pretty witty comeback none the less :rofl:

660griz

Don't be skeptical. It happens. It hasn't happened to me, but I know at least 2 people who God spoke to in a "audible" voice. They both will tell you it was just as audible as a man's and was totally unexpected.
Yea. And a virgin got pregnant from a spirit. A man lived in a fish for 3 days.
Some folks will believe anything.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Yea. And a virgin got pregnant from a spirit. A man lived in a fish for 3 days.
Some folks will believe anything.

Don’t worry Brother. One day you will believe it too.

WaltL1

About as much as you will believe in Zeus...
That's what I find so ridiculous about these type of "oh you will" claims.
At the same time its being said, they are denying all the other gods.
Prove your god exists and then you will at least have half a leg to stand on.
Its nothing more than school yard boasting.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yeah, elementary school boasting...like K-4

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)

yawn.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
That’s not what he’s meaning by that. Our belief is that every knee shall bow. It’s not meant to sound “bully”.

WaltL1

That’s not what he’s meaning by that. Our belief is that every knee shall bow. It’s not meant to sound “bully”.
I didn't take it as bullying.
More like "Oh yeah, well my #2 pencil is bigger than yours" or "My Dad can beat up your Dad".

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Bully???.
I didn't take it as bullying.
More like "Oh yeah, well my #2 pencil is bigger than yours" or "My Dad can beat up your Dad".
Well on second thought, maybe bullying isn’t the correct term.

But it’s not even meant to be “my Dad can beat up your Dad”. It’s just a statement that we believe everyone will “acknowledge” God either now, or during Judgement.

Of course we realize the other side of the argument if “we are wrong”.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

But it’s not even meant to be “my Dad can beat up your Dad”. It’s just a statement that we believe everyone will “acknowledge” God either now, or during Judgement.

I honestly think that you are part of a very small group that even considers that you could be wrong.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

It isnt considered anything to do with bullying, or who's dad is tougher(than can be tested if necessary)
It is more like one kid not only bragging about how cool his Best friend is(who nobody ever saw or meets INCLUDING the kid making the claims) but also asserting what will happen to others when they meet his friend.
Then the same kid scoffs at the idea of Billy having a different best friend because, well, there can be only one super cool best friend...and he is MINE!!!
Same schoolyard kid usually has the fastest bicycle that he never shows anyone or is seen riding and he has a beautiful older girlfriend....oh but she lives by his grandmother who lives in another state...far away....

Last edited:

WaltL1

It isnt considered anything to do with bullying, or who's dad is tougher(than can be tested if necessary)
It is more like one kid not only bragging about how cool his Invisible friend is(who nobody ever saw or meets INCLUDING the kid making the claims) but also asserting what will happen to others when they meet this Invisible friend.
Then the same kid scoffs at the idea of Billy having a different invisible friend because, well, there can be only one Invisible friend...and he is MINE!!!

Same schoolyard kid usually has the fastest bicycle that he never shows anyone or is seen riding and he has a beautiful older girlfriend....oh but she lives by his grandmother who lives in another state...far away....
Yes that's probably a far better example.

WaltL1

Understood.
But note the difference in your statement and this statement -
Don’t worry Brother. One day you will believe it too.
One is "what we believe is..."
The other is "here is what you are going to believe...".
I would imagine if you were told "if you do this dance its going to rain" as though it was a fact, you would probably say "nah probably not".

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yes that's probably a far better example.
I even changed Invisible friend to Best friend....even though the "friend" only exists in the kids mind....like the bike and girlfriend..

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Understood.
But note the difference in your statement and this statement -

One is "what we believe is..."
The other is "here is what you are going to believe...".
I would imagine if you were told "if you do this dance its going to rain" as though it was a fact, you would probably say "nah probably not".
Yea I can see that too. I think what we believe is so common to us that we may not realize how it sounds to others at times.