What ever happened to acid rain?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry, but if you want to exhibit your ignorance by ignoring scientific fact, I am going to ignore you. Yes, the effects of acid rain show up much more at higher elevations, I can see it with my own eyes. The scientific measurements of PH at stations all over the southeast confirm it. All the literature confirms it. Again, I can see it with my own eyes. Go live in your bubble of self-induced superiority. I'm done.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
if you leave those Dura-cells in for a few months, you can go buy you a new flashlight, radio or whatever. Dura-cell had major, major defects going on, especially with AA size batteries last fall. It continued into the winter.

They shut down manufacturing to fix the problem, and AA, AAA Dura-cells were almost impossible to find because of it. Energizers, on the other hand, were enjoying record sales, and no leakage problems.

NOYDB

BANNED
Buy a Duracell battery. Paint it silver on gold and call it a diamond-cell battery. Now put it in the same flashlight as an off the shelf Duracell battery. Which will last longer?

The brand name is not what determines it's longevity. The brand name doesn't matter. Brand names determine who gets paid, not how it works.

By the "Brand " that works, if it is still made the same. But don't get emotionally attached to it. It's just a name a co uses to sell their product.

I'm sorry, but if you want to exhibit your ignorance by ignoring scientific fact, I am going to ignore you. Yes, the effects of acid rain show up much more at higher elevations, I can see it with my own eyes. The scientific measurements of PH at stations all over the southeast confirm it. All the literature confirms it. Again, I can see it with my own eyes. Go live in your bubble of self-induced superiority. I'm done.

Repeating fake news does not make it any more real. Repeating reports from "studies" that support false info does not mean they have value. Water is H2O and it only changes ph values when something is added or subtracted from it. Not changing the elevation when the ph is read. Water ph 7 at 5,000 feet is still ph 7 at 100 feet. Water falling as rain doesn't shed ingredients of the drops as it falls.

You may see something but attributing it to false information does not explain it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You have no clue. I'm done with this, because you are over and above the rest of the earth and are beyond reason. If you can't see the dead trees and dead creeks on top of the mountains, and you can't see that a good battery lasts 5x longer than a dollar store one, then you are outside of reality. Have a good day, sir.

NOYDB

BANNED
You have no clue. I'm done with this, because you are over and above the rest of the earth and are beyond reason. If you can't see the dead trees and dead creeks on top of the mountains, and you can't see that a good battery lasts 5x longer than a dollar store one, then you are outside of reality. Have a good day, sir.

A good battery is a good battery, name not withstanding. Let discuss the same thing "the name used to sell the battery". The price is determined not by brand name but by who wants the amount of profit for the product. Paying $5 for a AAA does not make it last longer than buying the same battery for $1.

The cause of dead trees has not been determined once the acid rain falsehood was floated in fake news. Maybe we will be able to change things once the scales are shed from the eyes of the public.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I sell a fair amount of batteries to industries around here. I deal with a generic battery company who contract builds for some of the copper colored batteries, and some of the batteries with fuzzy tails. The generics are, as one friend put it, exactly similar

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Living down there in Florida makes you an expert on what is going on at high elevations here in the southern Appalachians, I guess. More so than those of us who actually live here. Keep deluding yourself.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I sell a fair amount of batteries to industries around here. I deal with a generic battery company who contract builds for some of the copper colored batteries, and some of the batteries with fuzzy tails. The generics are, as one friend put it, exactly similar
Then why do they go dead a whole lot sooner? Over and over? I've tried it hundreds of times and the results are always the same. Generic batteries go dead long before the good ones. I doubt if I'm the only one who has observed that phenomenon.

NOYDB

BANNED

Stop that!

Real world experience that contradicts the emotional attachment to a brand name.

Next you will be saying bad things about their favorite football team.

sinclair1

If batteries are all the same except some are Fresher, that makes them last longer, then science be dangled they are better. So if the ones with the copper color last longer because they aren't old, then they are better in reality. I bought some cheap ones that had a few that were dead from the package.

The world is not a lab for theory, its reality based and relies more on experience for people who don't base life on who can regurgitate the most non essential google goop to try and offset under achievement.

NOYDB

BANNED
Then why do they go dead a whole lot sooner? Over and over? I've tried it hundreds of times and the results are always the same. Generic batteries go dead long before the good ones. I doubt if I'm the only one who has observed that phenomenon.

You're not. And until some manager decides to change the way they are made you will continue to get good results. But if they make changes to the way they are made, they will keep selling them for their price and under the current name. Using the same labels.

A AAA is a size not a quality. Two AAA batteries will fit in the same flashlight and last different lengths of time.

If you have a battery mfc plant that can produce 100,000 batteries a year and brand A wants 50,000 you have 50,000 more to sell. Label them brand B and sell them.

Or the insides determine the cost to produce the batteries. Putting less of the material inside produces a battery that last shorter. It's the same size and can be labeled with any color and called anything. But you keep you site running and continue to make money. It's still a AAA but it's not the same.

sinclair1

You're not. And until some manager decides to change the way they are made you will continue to get good results. But if they make changes to the way they are made, they will keep selling them for their price and under the current name. Using the same labels.

A AAA is a size not a quality. Two AAA batteries will fit in the same flashlight and last different lengths of time.

If you have a battery mfc plant that can produce 100,000 batteries a year and brand A wants 50,000 you have 50,000 more to sell. Label them brand B and sell them.

Or the insides determine the cost to produce the batteries. Putting less of the material inside produces a battery that last shorter. It's the same size and can be labeled with any color and called anything. But you keep you site running and continue to make money. It's still a AAA but it's not the same.
The dolt of the volt :bounce:

sinclair1

Steak is steak too. Those red dyed Wally World cuts are as good as any. Home grown maters taste the same......finish the list so I can quit falling for the quality experiences I have tried and tested for 50 years of life.

NOYDB

BANNED
Steak is steak too. Those red dyed Wally World cuts are as good as any. Home grown maters taste the same......finish the list so I can quit falling for the quality experiences I have tried and tested for 50 years of life.

Based on what you have posted, and only you have posted the items, you have been easily impressed by status items that I wouldn't even notice. I am glad you have been pleased with the results of what you've experienced. Hope it continues for you. Continue being impressed by spending money for things that don't make a difference. Keep impressing people who don't know any better.

Sorry the nerd shoved you in a locker during third period in front of the cheerleaders. Scared you for life. The scars are still showing.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

all batteries aren't the same. I can only speak of the ones I sell. The generic I sell, you have never seen in a store. It is an industrial battery that even WWG or MSC doesn't have.

NOYDB

BANNED
Living down there in Florida makes you an expert on what is going on at high elevations here in the southern Appalachians, I guess. More so than those of us who actually live here. Keep deluding yourself.

Nope, have crossed the continental divide in the Rockies several times in each direction. Doesn't make me an expert. I just know how to parse scientific reports.

I'm a reader, used to check out 20 books at a time on friday and read them all and return them all on monday. The libraries used to have a 2 book at a time limit. But that fell when I would read two books in front of the librarian. They started letting me check out as many as I wanted.

I was the lab assistant for the chemistry teacher my last two years of high school. I would set up the labs when they taught ph experiments. I would see, and grade, several 100 experiments on ph in a week. I do know a little about the subject.

I have watched and read books of fake scientific reports.

I'm waiting on Elon Musk to revive cold fusion. And AOC to run with it.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Now if I can find a handy chart for acid rain, we'll put this thread to bed.