Finally!!!!!

Riplukelee

Been busy with work, travel softball, and boat problems!!!! Finally made it out for a beautiful day on Friday. The fish cooperated on KC reef. With the changing tides and varying winds we had to set the anchor a couple of times (so I’m dreaming of a trolling motor with spotlock). All in all (19) Sheepshead and (2) spottail pinfish.54B7E249-668D-4A9C-96C4-541DC6B6F2FB.jpeg

Sameric

Great catch....I am from Kentucky and just flew in yesterday......do have access to 24' center console. M staying on Tybee Island so I am clueless about where the reef you mentioned might be.......could be sixty miles away ?? Would you give me an idea of its genera location. I have a GPS software package for Tybee and surrounding areas which has 321 reef locations (and if anyone else sees this and can give me some Tybee area advice would appreciate).......................SAMERIC

Sharkfighter

Great catch....I am from Kentucky and just flew in yesterday......do have access to 24' center console. M staying on Tybee Island so I am clueless about where the reef you mentioned might be.......could be sixty miles away ?? Would you give me an idea of its genera location. I have a GPS software package for Tybee and surrounding areas which has 321 reef locations (and if anyone else sees this and can give me some Tybee area advice would appreciate).......................SAMERIC

https://gadnr.org/sites/default/files/crd/Reefs/Reef Booklet 2016 Update (Edited 5-24-17).pdf

That is a bunch of public numbers and descriptions of local reefs including KC. The numbers wont be exact in the pamphlet I posted but you can find the structure using the sonar or your GPS may have more exact spots marked.

Advice for sheepshead is fish over structure using fiddler crabs. also know you will catch a hundred black sea bass but you will be in federal waters so almost all sea bass will be short of the 13 in federal limit at KC or Sav Reefs.

Further watch the weather/wave reports. so far this week looking a lil rough out there

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Forecasts/FZUS52.KCHS.html

https://www.sailflow.com/map#29.214,-80.398,6,1,!1038,2

Don't know how long you are here but Tybee and especially Savannah Going to be CRAZY next weekend

Edit-- KC is about 11 mi off shore in about 50 ft of water

Last edited:

Riplukelee

@ Sameric, I use the Navionics app on my phone for GPS and a cheap sonar for bottom reading. For the nearshore reefs it has most of the structures marked.

Rhodes

Good to hear from you again Riplukelee...been missing your post. Nice haul right there....glad ya'll got into them. As far as the spotlock troller we put one on our boat last year and it's worth every cent! We actually went with the Motorguide Pinpoint. It was a better deal and we have been thoroughly satisfied with it's performance. When you get ready to pull the trigger check out Hodges Marine. Free shipping and they beat the pants off everybody else on price.

Rabun

I can't say enough about spotlock...except my anchoring skills have diminished. Nice catch!