What ever happened to acid rain?

Jeff Phillips

Flue Gas De-sulpurization (FGD) scrubber systems at coal fired power plants is what happened to acid rain. Power plants spent billions during the Bush years to clean coal emissions. FGD’s spray limestone slurry into the boiler exhaust where it absorbs the SO2 and is converted to gypsum.

Many of the coal fired boilers have been converted to natural gas, so they do not emit SO2.

Some of the systems are adding mercury absorbers now too.

I made a bunch of money selling slurry valves during the FGD boom!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Seems I recall that the mountains in NC are categorized as a rain forest.
Yep, a good portion is temperate rain forest, especially the higher elevations of the Smokies and the southern Blue Ridge Escarpment.

NOYDB

BANNED
U
Steak is steak too. Those red dyed Wally World cuts are as good as any. Home grown maters taste the same......finish the list so I can quit falling for the quality experiences I have tried and tested for 50 years of life.

Visit the feed lots around Dodge City KS. Bunches of beef there. You can spot the future Wallyworld steaks by the blue blazer worn by the beeves.

A common run when I hauled reeffer loads was I would start in Atlanta at a glass plant and pick up a load of new beer bottles and haul them to the Coors plant in Golden CO. Then I would go thru Denver North to the beef packing plant. I'd pick up a trailer full of beef for delivery to various warehouses for chains like Publix, Kroger and others. Some trips it was to deliver 40,000 lbs of beef to Walmart. Same beef, in same boxes, from the same slaughterhouse as all the rest. But you can tell a difference between them?

NOYDB

BANNED
fish10.JPG

Standing on a cooler on open water, in an open boat, the rest of the world calls swimming.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Standing on a cooler on open water, in an open boat, the rest of the world calls swimming.

When it's actually called Balance.

NOYDB

BANNED
Harry, until you`ve actually done any flats fishing and saltwater sight fishing, quit using Google as a guide.

And take your medicine.

Nic,

I am not constrained by info from google. I've lived it.

I've sight fished carp with a bow, though never perched on a cooler for a better shot before swimming. I've ignored sight fishing gar.

I admit confusion. You've posted a pic of you in your boat before (nice graphic work, BTW), so I assume you have some real world experience with boat handling. I also assume you have made casts from your boat. So explain to me what casting from the top of a cooler does that make fishing, any fishing, better?

sinclair1

U

Visit the feed lots around Dodge City KS. Bunches of beef there. You can spot the future Wallyworld steaks by the blue blazer worn by the beeves.

A common run when I hauled reeffer loads was I would start in Atlanta at a glass plant and pick up a load of new beer bottles and haul them to the Coors plant in Golden CO. Then I would go thru Denver North to the beef packing plant. I'd pick up a trailer full of beef for delivery to various warehouses for chains like Publix, Kroger and others. Some trips it was to deliver 40,000 lbs of beef to Walmart. Same beef, in same boxes, from the same slaughterhouse as all the rest. But you can tell a difference between them?
I will make a deal. You go buy one of the Walmart steaks that they hit with CO or what ever it is to delay them going bad and one from publix counter even if previously frozen. I will not only tell you by taste, I will tell you just by looking at it and I willlay down a grand. Salt water shrimp vs farmed I will put up two grand and for a three grand wager I will tell you if it's a ga red or a Texas gulf or farmed blindfolded. Yes, one of your double blind test

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic,

I am not constrained by info from google. I've lived it.

I've sight fished carp with a bow, though never perched on a cooler for a better shot before swimming. I've ignored sight fishing gar.

I admit confusion. You've posted a pic of you in your boat before (nice graphic work, BTW), so I assume you have some real world experience with boat handling. I also assume you have made casts from your boat. So explain to me what casting from the top of a cooler does that make fishing, any fishing, better?

It`s not so much casting. It is being able to see the fish. And before you say you can see as far standing on the floor of the boat, NO, you cannot. The further up you are in a boat, the further you can see out there. Seeing fish means you have a much better chance of casting to them and catching them. Schools of reds, a tripletail under a crab float, a cobia by a buoy or cruising the edge, being higher enables you to see them better.

If you don`t believe it (and you probably won`t), go out with someone on the flats, bay or open ocean, and see for yourself.

And save your smart mouth comments for somebody else.

sinclair1

Let's test your googling. I am a purveyor of leather. From bonded garbage to fine Italian. What do you think is different in italian leather vs American leather. Not top grain or those differences, but just why is Italian leather better in yield and hand.
Hand for the layman is how if feels

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Sorry the nerd shoved you in a locker during third period in front of the cheerleaders. Scared you for life. The scars are still showing.

After 1000's of post, you finaly made me lol !

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I’m living proof of standing on something to elevate my height to see farther as an absolute fact. At 5’8” as an adult I’ve done it since I was able to stand. LOL

Argue with that!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I’m living proof of standing on something to elevate my height to see farther as an absolute fact. At 5’8” as an adult I’ve done it since I was able to stand. LOL

Argue with that!

You are 5'7 2/2" .