Who would still fly on a 737 MAX 8?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Don't know about the angle of attack or airspeed indicator, but the on board wifi is working pretty good.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Well, my x-country flight was uneventful. The folks going on in the same plane to Columbus Ohio were not happy.

Oldstick

Remember other cultures don't learn or process procedures the same way we do. Further, it will turn better if the UK, CANUKs or Aussies are leading the investigation with US participation. Some of these countries are better at managing goat herding than investigations.

??????????? The same software defect on a new aircraft model happens to two different aircrews from two different commercial airlines with otherwise excellent safety records?

Oldstick

And I'm not saying it was purely a software problem. It sounds like bad airspeed sensor readings were involved as well. But the flight control software, as safety critical as it is, has to be able to handle every possible combination of systems failure and take the safest possible action given the scenario. That's why you'll never see me getting into any autopilot car.

I have worked with the Boeing software development folks quite a bit on the C-17 and various C-130 upgrade programs. I'll be interested to know who actually developed the FCS software algorithms. It is very common for Boeing to sub-contract that stuff out since FCS is a highly specialized field. Actually pure rocket science. I'm sure all that is going to come to light in the coming days.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Lukikus2

No

"QUOTE="NE GA Pappy, post: 11631372, member: 67094"]what y'all need to understand is that right now, all the Max pilots are in 'check, double check, triple check, verify' mode. If they even suspected that something was even a little bit off, they wouldn't be flying

It has been suggested there is an issue with the autopilot at high angles of attack getting false information from the air speed indicator.

Simple solution... don't use auto pilot in climb mode.. Problem solved[/QUOTE]

And for this reason.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Oh well, they're grounded now. So, someone BIG didn't trust them and want to investigate the issue.

Lukikus2

Why yes, yes i would. But then again, I'd fly a hang glider made from pvc sprinkler pipe, duct tape, and an old tarp...mcgyver style. I'm much safer in that airplane going across country than you are in your prius crossing the street.

I'm with you on that.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lot of Pilots are depending way too much on Computer, and when one fail, they are at a loss. I would be more worried more about who was flying the plane than what type plane it was. Not that we get that info.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wonder if Elfiii would jump out of one Nekid?

Twiggbuster

No
It will happen again on this model.
They are grounded for a reason and I don’t trust the IT geeks can get it right.
So no—