picatinny style mount for browning BPS??

GADawg08

My buddy is wanting to put a red dot on his browning BPS and I can't find any info as to which mount to use. Any of you guys know? Its already drilled/tapped so I'm assuming there is one made for it. any help would be appreciated.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
My buddy is wanting to put a red dot on his browning BPS and I can't find any info as to which mount to use. Any of you guys know? Its already drilled/tapped so I'm assuming there is one made for it. any help would be appreciated.
I would guess a rail base that fits on it.

Darkhorse

You mostly have to get one from Browning. I was going to mount one that I had lying around on my Maxus but I couldn't find any screws to fit the receiver. I think the threads are installed using helicoils and they might be a metric of some size. I never did find any screws to fit.
But the screws come with the base from browning, I think.
https://www.browning.com/products/s...-rings-and-bases/gold-and-bps-scope-base.html
A Google search turned up some other possibility's but I don't have time right now to research it.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
Kind of interested to know why his was drilled and tapped and mine wasn't. Weaver has a mount about 1.5" slightly curved on the bottom. You could probably order one on line and save some running around.

Darkhorse

Mine was drilled and tapped because it's a "All Purpose Maxus", it also came with removable fiber optics sights and a additional Turkey choke. 3 1/2" chamber 26" barrel.
Mine is a discontinued model but except for the camo it's basically just like the current model.
If you click on the photo of the receiver you can see the tapped holes.
It would be fairly simple to come up with something that will work if you could find the screws to fit. If you don't find some screws before hand then it's all wasted time.
https://www.browning.com/products/f...-all-purpose-mossy-oak-break-up-infinity.html