Deer baiting during turkey season

killerv

Our local DNR ranger said it was okay as long as you were over 200 yards and out of line of sight and not intercepting the turkeys going to the feeder.

I've heard both ways from game wardens, it seem so subjective...I wish they would word the rules to get rid of this gray area. I do know that it is unlawful for another property owner to place bait on their property in such a way to keep you from legally hunting your property... I.E. a corn feeder near or on the line during turkey season.

howboutthemdawgs

Pandering to the lowest common denominator, that's special sorta like "a basket of Deplorables" judging people because they may choose to bait and you may not. That's if you or anyone defines baiting as throwing out corn. It is my belief we All bait sexual attractions, minerals, food plot's man made food plots aren't natural. I don't put out corn or have feeders still do it the ole fashion way but I don't elevate myself above somebody that chooses too.

What was the reason for legalizing it? Was it not to make it easier? That is giving in to hunters complaints about how “hard” it was. Therefore a lower segment of hunter with regard to ability. The state didn’t approve it because corn provided this much needed nutritional deficiency that only a kernel of corn could provide! They approved so bad hunters could enjoy the same success as good hunters. Everyone needs to be equal these days...

280bst

What was the reason for legalizing it? Was it not to make it easier? That is giving in to hunters complaints about how “hard” it was. Therefore a lower segment of hunter with regard to ability. The state didn’t approve it because corn provided this much needed nutritional deficiency that only a kernel of corn could provide! They approved so bad hunters could enjoy the same success as good hunters. Everyone needs to be equal these days...
Geez don't think you got what I said. It's obvious to me you excel in the Hunting way of Life as in your opinion a lot of other people are inferior. You have a nice day now a hear

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
My hat goes off to the trad folks that hunt WMA s !them boys are hunters.
And they will be the first to say to each their own. They do what they enjoy.
Today even a novice on good private land can kill a nice deer.
I guess there will always be “that” hunter who thinks he’s the man. I got it sitting on the ground by a tree. That’s how I killed my monsta Buck. Shot it with my 06. Anything less is a peashooter.
Well it’s your drum. ?

Today hunting is great and we should enjoy it. Like the trad bow hunter does.

Now back to that turkey ?
Wish I could call better.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Think I’ll head on down to topbait in Cuthbert and get a few mouth calls. Y’all come join me.

j_seph

I'm not sure how that would be determined, that is what he said.
DUH
By looking at the tracks in the turkey trail vs. where you are sitting. If the toes point in direction of feeder then you are intercepting them. If they point in opposite direction of feeder then you are not!

Surprised more folks do not get caught with such an easy answer to that question.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Think I’ll head on down to topbait in Cuthbert and get a few mouth calls. Y’all come join me.

Is that place still open? I did some business with them when I hunted that area. Ate at that little restaurant a lot too.

Used to be a lot of turkeys on Burgin land and that Great Southern Paper Company land way back in behind the high school.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Is that place still open? I did some business with them when I hunted that area. Ate at that little restaurant a lot too.

Used to be a lot of turkeys on Burgin land and that Great Southern Paper Company land way back in behind the high school.
It’s still open. The restaurant was for a while. It’s shut down now. Small town USA is going away.
I do a lot of Business with them.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
If Benjamin Franklin had had his way this threed would be moot.

I like the idea of moot. This thread is probably moot anyway.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
It’s everywhere corn ?
Found corn in a gobblers crawl yesterday. Errrr I bet I find it in a crawl this year.

Latest posts