What do you guys use for waterproofing your leather boots

Swamprat

Swamprat
Take a hair dryer and warm up the boots and apply Sno Seal. Melts right in, usually will do two applications.

Gaswamp

montana pitch blend

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Red Wing Boot oil and Sno Seal.

crucible02

"Thirding" the Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. Put it on my Danner Pronghorns for my Colorado elk hunt this past year and that stuff kept my feet dry the whole time. Mind you, I spent hours every day walking in a foot+ of snow. It works!

mopar6974

Agree with Swamprat. Done up a pair of non-waterproof loggers with Sno Seal and wore them in the Wisconsin snow for two weeks with not so much as a wet sock.

tad1

Have used much sno seal over the years but recently started with obenaufs lp which came highly touted. Obenaufs did seem to apply real nicely. Sno seal has a beeswax component I believe and smells nice. Some folks advise against sno seal I'm not sure why. I have very carefully put oven on low with door open to warm the boots (carefully, not too hot) and the application is like butter on warm bread and soaks in nicely!

NCMTNHunter

Have used much sno seal over the years but recently started with obenaufs lp which came highly touted. Obenaufs did seem to apply real nicely. Sno seal has a beeswax component I believe and smells nice. Some folks advise against sno seal I'm not sure why. I have very carefully put oven on low with door open to warm the boots (carefully, not too hot) and the application is like butter on warm bread and soaks in nicely!

My dad always puts his boots in the oven before treating them. One time when I was in middle school he put a brand new pair of American made danners in and forgot about them for a few hours. They shrunk so much he couldn’t get them on anymore. Lucky for me they fit me perfectly.

Buckman18

sno seal