Hog hunting laws??

z71mathewsman

Been looking at these bright green flashlights that attach to your scope.These hogs are wearing out my feeders at night right after sunset in Macon County.Is it legal to shot these hogs from my tree stand after sunset?

Yes. Buy a $40 Moultrie feeder light or whatever you like and hang it higher than your feeder on a near by tree or make a hanger out of conduit where it'll pick up more movement around your feeder and broadcast more light. They'll get use to the light after awhile. Sit back and have fun.

frankwright

"Feral hogs may be hunted at night with a light (no voltage restriction), which is carried by the hunter or affixed to a helmet, hat or part of a belt system. Hunting over bait is allowed. No hunting from a vehicle. "

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
As long as your on private land anything is legal. That's the way I read it.
Yes. Buy a $40 Moultrie feeder light or whatever you like and hang it higher than your feeder on a near by tree or make a hanger out of conduit where it'll pick up more movement around your feeder and broadcast more light. They'll get use to the light after awhile. Sit back and have fun.
O

z71mathewsman

Piedmont,,,why buy a extra light to let me know they are under the feeder?All I got to do is watch my trail cam light up red every 30 seconds.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
"Feral hogs may be hunted at night with a light (no voltage restriction), which is carried by the hunter or affixed to a helmet, hat or part of a belt system. Hunting over bait is allowed. No hunting from a vehicle. "

That part I struck out was changed recently, but the update didn't make it into the hunting regulations guide and website. Look in the new book that comes out this summer and you'll see the change. The feeder lights are legal on private land. You can hunt from a vehicle (on private roads) if you get a permit first too.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
What kind of permit? Web link?
Thanks for updating everyone on the lighting changes for hogs.

It's called a feral hog control permit, you just call the regional Game Management office for your county and ask for it. It's free and lasts for 5 years and they can email it to you. It was the same permit we used to issue to use bait and suppressors for hogs before they were legalized.