DNR Meetings re: Turkey Hunting Near Deer Feeders

Swamprat

Swamprat
Ain’t no bait on my places. I don’t even have deer stands at my food plots. Corn on my place is a waiste of Time. Unless you need a hog.

Incorrect spelling and misuse of a cap.....we dock you 3 hunting days.:rofl::rofl:

Swamprat

Swamprat
I’m not hunting much any way. I may not kill a turkey attall.
Heck you will most likely out do me.

Yeah...and I got some ocean front property in Arizona.

What's this thread about anyway? Feeders dropping on turkeys, bad way to go. We gotta outlaw that practice.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yeah...and I got some ocean front property in Arizona.

What's this thread about anyway? Feeders dropping on turkeys, bad way to go. We gotta outlaw that practice.
The thread is about the law regarding feeders on property’s while turkey hunting.
What is a safe distance to hunt from it. Legal like.

Swamprat

Swamprat
45 yards is my max imposed distance so 46 yards ought to be good. I'll just wave at em and give em my best Gomer Pyle imitation.

Mark K

Banned
I’m hiring a crop duster to make as many runs as possible over my properties dumping corn from one end to the other.
Better yet, I’ll have him dump it on all the surrounding properties and leave my properties free and clear!

fountain

I’m hiring a crop duster to make as many runs as possible over my properties dumping corn from one end to the other.
Better yet, I’ll have him dump it on all the surrounding properties and leave my properties free and clear!
This used to be a very common practice on a local wma. They could drop feed deep in the swap and then slip in and hunt.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

LOL the visual of a crop duster corn bomb :rofl:

Wayne D Davis

But that would still make your property off limits or at least part of it
If you know of feed placed adjacent to your property within sight report it. It's their ticket not yours. Unless of course they find that you know about it and was hunting .

Wayne D Davis

I know this may sound a bit crazy but try fishing a stream in north ga without a trout stamp. Then try convincing mr. Green jeans you was bass fishing with night crawlers.... not trout fishing. Same could apply for the turkey hunter/ deer feeder.

Wayne D Davis

I see the hog baiting rule on private states 50 yards from any boundary. And thats year round. The way I read it 50 yards is safe for neighboring property to do their baiting/feeding and not interfere with adjacent properties. Starting to look like you can hunt closer to your neighbors corn pile than you can your own feeders

Turkeytider

That is indeed an illustration of the central question at hand, IMO. Yesterday I sent an e-mail to Georgia DNR posing the essential question, So far, no response.

Just for in
That is indeed an illustration of the central question at hand, IMO. Yesterday I sent an e-mail to Georgia DNR posing the essential question, So far, no response.

Just for interest, I sent the above referenced inquiry on Feb. 27 requesting clarification on the distance issue . I have yet to receive the courtesy of a response of any kind.