The best thing I've ever smoked: Meatloaf

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Just about anything smoked is good. Never tried a meatloaf but I bet it's over the top good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Red dirt clod

Smoked 2 of these yesterday, man it was good. Used Pecan wood at 300 degrees for maybe an hour and a half. Thank you sir for the recepi!

I made a meatloaf Saturday night, but I did something a little different fro,m the recipe I posted: I made the meatloaf according to the recipe. Then, I put it in a waxpaper lined meatloaf pan......which I put in the freezer. It took about 2 hours to freeze......I removed the meatloaf from the pan and put on smoker.......I got a great crust all the way around. Twas awesome!

PappyHoel

ESTIMATED smoke time: One 3# loaf approx 4 hours to hit target temp. Two 1.5# loaves approx 3 hours to hit temp. As always, YMMV. . . .

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground chuck

1 lb hot sausage

¾ C bread crumbs

2 Tbsps dried oregano

7 cloves garlic (Less to taste)

1/3 C. tomato juice (V8 will work)

3 Tbsps Worcestershire sauce

Grated cheese as necessary

3 Tbsps ranch dressing mix (dry)

1 package onion soup mix

3 eggs

1 package thawed-frozen onion, green pepper, onion, parsley mix

Preparation:

Mix ingredients thoroughly but do not overmix, freeze for 2-3 hours or refrigerate over night. I put mine in aluminum loaf pans with holes poke through all sides.

Prep the smoker coals. Use a large drip tray/method of some kind to capture all of the meat drippings - one of those cheap-o aluminum baking tins from the dollar store works great or even HD foil (make a lip). . . just position it right under the loaf.

Keep the smoker around 250°F. Start basting the loaf with the glaze (recipe below) when the internal temp hits 155°F -- 2 or 3 times is enough. Continue smoking until internal temp hits 165°F. Pull loaf off the smoker and allow to rest covered in foil for 20 minutes before slicing.

Serve with additional glaze on side. Serves 6-8.

Glaze:

½ C Heinz 57

¼ C tomato juice

2 Tbsps Agave Nectar

2 Tbsps hot sauce

2 Tbsps Worcestershire

Mix everything together in a small saucepan and cook on low until everything comes together
Thanks I’m going to try this

I made 2 meatloaves on Saturday.....One in a pan with holes poked all over.......one directly on the smoker.........IMO, the one directly on the smoker was better (They are both incredible). As such, I've tweaked the recipe:

ESTIMATED smoke time: One 3# loaf approx 3 hours to hit target temp. Two 1.5# loaves approx 3 hours to hit temp. As always, YMMV. . . . BEGIN THIS PROCESS THE NIGHT BEFORE OR 2-3 HOURS BEFORE COOK TIME

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground chuck

1 lb hot sausage

¾ C bread crumbs

2 Tbsps dried oregano

1 package onion soup mix

3 eggs

Preparation:

Mix ingredients thoroughly but do not overmix. Put into a meatloaf pan lined with wax paper (The wax paper allows you to take the loaf out easier) freeze for 2-3 hours or refrigerate over night.

Prep the smoker coals. Use a large drip tray/method of some kind to capture all of the meat drippings - one of those cheap-o aluminum baking tins from the dollar store works great or even HD foil (make a lip). . . just position it right under the loaf.

Keep the smoker around 250°F. Start basting the loaf with the glaze (recipe below) when the internal temp hits 150°F -- 2 or 3 times is enough. Continue smoking until internal temp hits 160°F. Pull loaf off the smoker and allow to rest covered in foil for 20 minutes before slicing.

Glaze:

½ C Heinz 57

¼ C tomato juice

2 Tbsps Agave Nectar

2 Tbsps hot sauce

2 Tbsps Worcestershire

Oldstick

I made 2 meatloaves on Saturday.....One in a pan with holes poked all over.......one directly on the smoker.........IMO, the one directly on the smoker was better (They are both incredible). As such, I've tweaked the recipe:

ESTIMATED smoke time: One 3# loaf approx 3 hours to hit target temp. Two 1.5# loaves approx 3 hours to hit temp. As always, YMMV. . . . BEGIN THIS PROCESS THE NIGHT BEFORE OR 2-3 HOURS BEFORE COOK TIME

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground chuck

1 lb hot sausage

¾ C bread crumbs

2 Tbsps dried oregano

1 package onion soup mix

3 eggs

Preparation:

Mix ingredients thoroughly but do not overmix. Put into a meatloaf pan lined with wax paper (The wax paper allows you to take the loaf out easier) freeze for 2-3 hours or refrigerate over night.

Keep the smoker around 250°F. Start basting the loaf with the glaze (recipe below) when the internal temp hits 150°F -- 2 or 3 times is enough. Continue smoking until internal temp hits 160°F. Pull loaf off the smoker and allow to rest covered in foil for 20 minutes before slicing.

Glaze:

½ C Heinz 57

¼ C tomato juice

2 Tbsps Agave Nectar

2 Tbsps hot sauce

2 Tbsps Worcestershire

And that is whachumacall a meatloaf!! :clap::clap: